GW2 is hosting the third tournament of Legends PvP Tournament with rewards such as precursors and legendaries.
We’re pleased to announce that we’re partnering with Digital Professional Sports to bring you the third Guild Wars 2™ Tournament of Legends, an event open to players of all skill levels in which you can be rewarded for winning a single round. The European tournament will be held on Saturday, May 23, and the North American tournament will be held on Saturday, May 30, so you have plenty of time to get your team together and start working on your strategies. Participants will have a chance to win legendary weapons, legendary weapon components, gems, precursor weapons, Black Lion Claim Tickets, and finishers. Viewers can even win some amazing prizes for tuning in. Registration will open April 24 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7), so keep an eye on the Guild Wars 2 website for the announcement!
European Tournament of Legends: May 23
North American Tournament of Legends: May 30
Team Size: 5
This tournament will be a best-of-three, single-elimination tournament, and the finals will be a best-of-five tournament. Registration is open to everyone, but only the first 64 teams to register per region will be accepted into the tournament. Registration will open this Friday at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7), so prepare your teams today!
The map rotation will be as follows:
- Rounds 1 and 2: Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Kyhlo
- Round 3: Battle of Kyhlo, Temple of the Silent Storm, Legacy of the Foefire
- Round 4: Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire, Temple of the Silent Storm
- Finals: Forest of Niflhel, Battle of Kyhlo, Legacy of the Foefire, Temple of the Silent
Storm, Legacy of the Foefire (Best of Five)
- Third-Place Match: Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Kyhlo
All prizes will be awarded per player.
- 1st Place: Choice of legendary weapon (Eternity excluded), 4000 gems, 2 Black Lion Claim Tickets, choice of a permanent finisher, 2 Mini Llamas
- 2nd Place: Choice of precursor weapon, choice of Gift of Mastery or Gift of Fortune, 2000 gems, 2 Black Lion Claim Tickets, choice of a permanent finisher, 2 Mini Llamas
- 3rd Place: Choice of Gift of Mastery or Gift of Fortune, 2 Black Lion Claim Tickets, choice of a permanent finisher, 2 Mini Llamas, 800 gems
- 4th Place: Choice of Gift of Mastery or Gift of Fortune, 2 Black Lion Claim Tickets, 77 Mystic Clovers, choice of a permanent finisher, 1 Mini Llama
- 5th through 8th Place: Choice of Gift of Magic or Gift of Might, 1 Black Lion Claim Ticket, choice of a permanent finisher, 1 Mini Llama
- 9th through 16th Place: Choice of a permanent finisher, 1 Mini Llama
- 17th through 32nd Place: 1 Mini Llama
- Rosters must be submitted using account names only. Any team that does not submit verified account names will be asked to correct their roster or be disqualified.
- Rosters will lock one hour before the tournament starts.
- Players may only play in one Tournament of Legends. Any use of an alternate account to circumvent this rule will result in a ban from future tournaments.
- One substitute will be allowed per team, and that substitute will be prohibited from playing for a different team.
- Substitutes may not be used as an alternate for tactical purposes. Once a player has been substituted out, they may not return to the tournament. All players that play at least one game in the tournament will receive prizes.
- If a player disconnects during a tournament game, play must continue. The game will not be restarted except under one of the following circumstances:
- A server crash
- A disconnect within the first 30 seconds of play
- An unintentional manual start by a judge
- Judges will manually begin a game after all players have entered the map and indicated that they are ready to begin.
- If all players are not present and ready at the designated start time, judges will wait no longer than 5 minutes to start the game.
- Once a game begins, no player will be allowed to join either team from outside the custom arena unless a player who was present in the room and on a team at the start of the game disconnects.
- In the event of a tie, the team with the highest cumulative player score will be declared the winner.
- Sportsmanship must be demonstrated at all times. Any taunting, cursing, or disrespectful behavior of any kind by registered players toward other players or tournament staff will result in disqualification from the tournament being assessed at the full discretion of the tournament organizer.
We’ll see you in the Mists!