GW2 Chronomancer Points of Interest Livestream Notes
GW2 Chronomancer Points of Interest Livestream Notes with some new details on the mesmer elite specialization.
Note: This info is outdated, see here for the latest info.
Chronomancer – Alacrity
- Alacrity make the cooldown text for skils green instead of blue like chill. Alacrity increase your skill recharge by 66% while chill decrease your skill recharge by 66%. So if you have both of them on you your skill recharge should be normal. If you are chilled for 3 seconds or so you get an extra second of recharge. If you are under effects alacrity after 3 seconds or so you lose a second of recharge.
- One of your minor traits will give you alacrity everytime you shatter.
- Alacrity can be gained via shatters and the Well of Recall, which is one of the few ways you can give alacrity to allies. We are purposely limiting this a lot since recharge is a very dangerous stat for players to mess with.
- Alacrity is a buff right now and not a boon. You can’t increase it via boon duration buffs. Alacrity stacks in duration, not in intensity. There are some chronomancer traits that make alacrity lasts longer as well.
- Alacrity benfits phantasms since phantasms have skills with recharges. Clones won’t benefit from it as much since they just have auto-attack.
Chronomancer – Shield Skills
- Tides of Time (#5 shield skill) is an etheral field so you can proc some combos with it. It is a wall that travels from you and block all projectiles in its path. If it touches enemies, it will stun them. If it touches allies, it will grant quickness to them. After some distance, the wall will attempt to return to your original position. If you touch the wall when it returns, you will get a recharge bonus to make this skill recharge faster (10s worth of recharge). This skill normally has a long recharge skill (40s) so you will want to touch it when it returns for that recharge bonus.
- Shield #4 skill is Echo of Memory. It is a block stance that can be used while moving. it is a shield bubble that will block attack and create a phantasm on the enemy you blocked or on the enemy you targeted when it ends. The phantasm it summons is an illusionary chronomancer.
- Illusionary Chronomancer will throw its shield like a certain superhero and bounces around. If it hits allies, they will gain alacrity. If it hits enemies, it will slow them down by applying the new Slow animation. You can summon multiple of these illusionary chronomancers and they will speed each other up.
- If you block the attack with Echo of Memory, you get a second skill in its place called Déjà vu. Activating this skill will allow you to block a second time for 10s. So if you block an attack, you basically get two uses out of this skill. While you have Déjà vu on you bar, Echo of Memory is still on recharge. So you can get two blocks every 30 seconds.
Chronomancer – Well Skills
- Pretty much all wells deal some AoE damage,. With wells we want to provide some more AoE support for mesmers outside Chaos Storm and shatters.
- All the wells last 3 seconds. They pulsate three times and on the last pulse they do something cool.
- Well of Action slow enemies caught in it and when it ends it will give allies a burst of quickness.
- Wells of Recall is your alacrity well. It pulsates alacrity to all allies within its radius. When it ends it will chill enemies nearby.
- Well of Calamity – Your damage well with lowest recharge of all wells. It is a damage well that pulsates a few time with low damage & some conditions and the final pulse does massive damage (over 50% of the damage on the last pulse).
- Elite – Gravity Well – It pulls all the enemies to the center of the well. It also grant stability to allies standing in it. The last pulse also a float effect which we may remove it since this well applies too many CCs.
- Well of Eternity– Heal well that heals you when you activate it and grant vigor to nearby allies.. Grant a second heal after 3 seconds to anyone that is standing in it. It is tricky to use as the first heal only heals 50% of the heal but it is a good support since it can heal allies.
Chronomancer – Traits
- New grandmaster trait – Chronophantasm. It will summon phantasms with butterfly effects that when shattered while be resummoned immediately (only works once). It only works on phantasms and we are still rebalancing it since it can be too deadly when you shatter 3 illusionary duelists and have them unload immediately. Each phantasm an be only resummoned once.
- Illusionary Reversion is the similar trait for clones. When you shatter clones it will resummon a new clone.You can have it along with Chronophantasm.
- Time Splitter – Gain access to continuum split/shift which allows you to revert to an earlier point in time.
- Flow of Time – Gain alacrity when you shatter. (1s)
- Time Marches On – You move 25% faster. The duration of incoming movement-impairing conditions is reduced by 25%. (Cripple. Chilled, Immobilize)
- Time Catches Up – Activating a shatter gives your illusions Super Speed
- Delayed Reactions – Interrupting a foe slows them. (3s of Slow)
- All’s Well that Ends Well – Wells remove conditions from allies when they end. (1 condition)
- Illusionary Reversion – Gain a clone after you activate a shatter skill.
- Improved Alacrity – Alacrity applied to you lasts longer. (33%)
- Danger Time – Gain additional critical hit chance against slowed enemies. (30%)
- Lost Time – Every 3rd critical hit will slow your target. (2s of Slow)
- Chronophantasma – Your phantasms respawn the first time they are shattered.
Chronomancer – F5 skill
- The recharge of the F5 skill is not 60s as indicated by the tooltip. We already increased it since it was too overpowered.
- Continuum Split – You can use it to catch the Tides of Time wall twice, recharging it twice as fast. First you shatter illusions via the F5 skill to trigger Continuum Split and then use your Tides of Time skill. After that you press F5 again to trigger Continuum Shift and cast a second Tides of Time.
- However there is a caveat with using Continuum Split if you are low on health. If you heal yourself or someone heals you while you are inside the alternate timeline and you revert back using Continuum Shift, your heal effect will be gone. The Chronomancer wells heal will be a little difference since you can activate the well while inside the alternate timeline and wrap back to get the secondary heal from the well. You can cast the well again due to cooldown reset to get 1.5 heals.
- Continuum Split drops a Continuum Rift that marks the location where you will return. This rift can be attacked by other players and if it gets destroyed, it will wrap you back to that location instantly. Other players can counter play it by destroying the rift and dropping an AoE on the location of the rift so the mesmer is wrapped back instantly to your AoE.