GW2 Dragonhunter Ready Up Livestream notes with new info and images on the upcoming Guardian’s Elite Specialization.
Note: This info is outdated, see here for the latest Dragonhunter skills from beta weekend 1
- Spear of Justice, spear will be tethered to your enemy (can break if you reach a max distance: 900). Burns your tethered enemies every second for 10 seconds. This spear will pierce all enemies it touches and tether all of them. Other players can counter the Spear of Justice by moving past the max range.
- Wings of Resolve, similar to old resolve but you can leap to an area and activate your resolve (heal allies).
- Shields of Courage – create a shield in front of you that blocks attack for you and allies (sides and back are not protected). You still get Aegis when you activate it. Blocks projectiles and attacks currently but we are still working on it.
- Puncture Shot: Your basic autoattack. You are going to strike an enemy and if there is an enemy behind them it will bounce. if this attack hits two targets it will cripple them (no cripple if you only hit a single target).
- True Shot – Your large damage attack on a short cooldown. Need to charge up for 0.75 seconds (you are stationary while doing this) and then unleash a large bolt that pierce through enemies.
- Deflecting Shot – Fire a missile that block projectile and blind enemies this missile strikes. You can aim this shot between your allies and block projectiles coming to them.
- Symbol of Energy: Launch a symbol into an area. Guardians normally don’t get ground targeting symbols other than with staff. It grant vigor to allies and explode on impact to burn enemies.
- Hunter’s Ward: Barrage an area and at end of it forms a fence around the area trapping up to 5 enemies. Anything that tries to get out it will be knocked back into the trap.
- Enemies will see you setting the trap down but not the actual traps. These traps have an arming time and an activation time. If you use them like bombs they will take longer to hit your enemies. But if you set them up preemptively they will pop up at a much faster rate.
- It takes about 0.5 seconds to put a trap down on the ground and about 0.5 seconds for them to pop up on the ground.
- Dragonhunter is all about territory control: traps, hammer #5, ring of warding, dragon’s maw, longbow #5.
- Purification – Imbue a light on the ground and when the enemy triggers it you will pull it back to yourself, blind enemies in the area and use the light to heal yourself. You get a small heal when you lay down and when the enemies walk over it, the big heal triggers.
- Test of Faith: Triggers multiple times if enemies walk over it multiple times.
- Procession of Blades: Basically your whirling spinning trap that is spin to win. Activates your justice quite a lot.
- Light’s Judgment: Applies massive amount of vulnerability to them (25 stacks but lasts only 1s) and reveal them on trigger. Thieves will squirm at this trap.
- Fragments of Faith: A shield that pops up and shatters crippling enemies. Allies can run over them and gain aegis.
- Dragon’s Maw: Elite Trap that pull enemies in and hold them there. Also applies slow.
Note: All the Dragonhunter traits are now in that_shaman’s specialization calculator as well.
- Virtuous Action, the first Dragonhunter minor trait will automatically change all your virtue skills into Spear of Justice, Wings of Resolve etc.
- Defender’s Dogma: Blocking an attack causes your justice to reach its maximum charge. Your Virtue/Spear ofJustice passive triggers about every 3-4 attacks to burn an enemy but if you block an attack it should recharge instantly and your next attack burns. There is no CD on this.
- Pure of Sight: Deal more damage the further away you are. Between that and the Zealot’s Aggression that will give you extra damage to crippled enemies it is a lot of bonus damage.
- Piercing Light: Traps will bleed enemies. Varying effect depending on the trap. Every hit with the trap will stack up bleed. Procession of Blades for example will deal tons of bleeds.
- Zealots’ Aggression: Deal 10% extra damage to crippled enemies. Combo well with Longbow skills such as Puncture Shot which will cripple enemies if it bounces.
- Soaring Devastation: Wings of Resolve will deal an attack on landing and immobilize enemies, giving you an offensive option.
- Hunter’s Determination: Get stability for each enemy you hit with True Shot. You can get quite a few stacks of stability if you fire True Shot into a group of enemies.
- Bulwark: Shields of Courage lasts 2s longer and has a bit of radius increase (180 deg to 240 deg).
- Dulled Senses: Enemies you knocked back are crippled. Good if you have a shield equipped or use the knockback from Hunter’s Ward (Longbow#5). Really good if paired with Zealot’s Aggression.
- Hunter’s Fortification: Gain protection in an area when you activate a virtue. This will likely get changed. This trait is a bit redundant with a couple others but we might keep the boons/protection aspect of it.
- Heavy Light: Longbow arrows will knockback enemies within 300 range on a short cooldown. Only apply to arrow attacks (Puncture Shot, True Shot, and Deflecting Shot). Your Symbol of Energy/Hunter’s Ward won’t work on this. This will make you a more skirmishy longbow user. If you have Dulled Senses and Zealot’s Aggression equipped you can move in range to get the knockback, cripple, and the 10% bonus damage. You can knock enemies through your Test of Faith trap and get a combo on it as well.
- Big Game Hunter: Striking an enemy tethered by your spear of justice causes vulnerability with every attack and increase 15% damage dealt. This will boost your allies’s damage as well with all the vulnerability stacks.
Guardian Tome changes
Tome of Courage changed to Signet of Courage
- Passive: PBAoE Heal every 10 seconds.
- Active: Light of Deliverance
Tome of Wrath changed to “Feel My Wrath”
- Shout that grants Quickness and Fury
We like the idea of tomes and if we did this we would hope to bring them back in a future Elite Specialization. Provide your feedback here.