GW2 WvW Automatic Upgrades Livestream notes. This feature is coming soon with Heart of Thorns.
Twitch Vod: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/661688703
- Reasoning for change: Not fair that one player has to spend gold on upgrades and having to spend supply on upgrades caused conflict between players on which upgrade to pick or what supply should be used for.
- Removed supply cost for upgrades, removed the gold cost for upgrades.
- Individual upgrades are now grouped into upgrade tiers and upgrading now happens automatically over time.
- Camps have 2 tiers, all other objectives have 3 tiers.
- Dolyaks reduce upgrade time but sentries now impair dolyak movement speed (applies 5 min cripple when they hit dolyaks).
- There is an interface for automatic upgrades you can see at the top right corner of the screen (under defend events) with time left before the upgrade completes.
Supply Camp (shorter upgrade times since dolyaks don’t go to supply camps)
Keep (no more waypoint at tier 3)
Stonemist (similar to keep but still have waypoint upgrade)
- Waypoint will no longer be an available upgrade (except at Stonemist).
- Waypoints will be automatically available when you own an objective, but only for the team with the closest home base to that objective.
- On borderland maps, the two side keep waypoints would move to the two southern towers.
- Starting area waypoints will be unchanged.
- Example (Eternal Battlegrounds)
- North keep will be red team only.
- Southeast keep would be blue team only
- Southwest keep would be green team.
- Stonemist Castle will get the waypoint upgrade at tier.
Ability System Changes
- Reduced the total number of ability ranks of Guard Killer and Defense against Guards from 10 to 5.
- The Applied Fortitude and Applied Strength effects have been removed.
- Ability lines that increased % from 1% to 5% now increase % from 2% to 10%
- Reduced the total cost of specific siege weapon lines from 75 pts to 60 pts.
- Reduced the total cost of Supply Capacity line from 300 pts to 145 pts.
- Supply Master and Mercenary’s Bane lines remain at 15 pts.
- Normalized all ability progression tracks of five ranks per line to 35 pts.
- Normalized all ability progression tracks of four ranks per line to 15 pts.