GW2 Stronghold Map changes for June 2 Beta
GW2 Stronghold sPvP map changes for the June 2 beta.
Our next Stronghold public beta begins in about an hour, and I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know what has changed in the map since the last time you played.
As a reminder, Stronghold will be available in Unranked Arenas beginning today at 12pm Pacific time (one hour from this post, or 19:00 UTC) and will run for 24 hours (tomorrow at 12pm Pacific, 19:00 UTC). We’ll also be broadcasting tournaments for both NA and EU today, beginning at 12:30pm Pacific (19:30 UTC) at www.twitch.tv/guildwars2.
We’re looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the map! The ArenaNet team will be at work late tonight playing Stronghold – so jump into Unranked Arena and there’s a chance we might face each other on the battlefield!
- Map Changes
- A number of crates/boxes have been added inside the strongholds around the lord gate to provide opportunities for line-of-sighting.
- Made a number of terrain changes.
- Realigned the trebuchets to be able to hit the “Mist Essence” summoning areas.
- Lord Updates
- You can no longer resurrect the lord after the match ends.
- You can no longer kill the enemy lord after the match ends.
- When an opposing team’s lord is defeated, the winning team’s lord will now celebrate the victory with a cheer.
- New skill: The lord will now execute an attack that pulls nearby enemies in, knocks them down, and then does a devastating 360 degree spin. Don’t let it hit you.
- Lord Room Defending NPCs
- The locations for the defending NPCs in each stronghold are now identical.
- The defending NPCs in each stronghold have had their health increased by 10%.
- Stronghold Guards
- One set of guards (between the inner and outer gate) have been removed for a total of 4 guards.
- Mist Essence
- Mist Champions now spawn at the following minute marks: 12:00, 9:00, 6:00, and 3:00.
- The 12:00 Mist Essence will now spawn nearest to the side that is behind on score.
- Defending Npc names have been simplified from archer, soldier, ect. to all be called “Guards”
- NPCs that cannot be resurrected lose their icon on the map after being defeated
- The objective icons appear on the mini map upon entering the map, rather than when the match begins.
- Trebuchets has been adjusted to make hitting important objectives easier
- Red-side doorbreakers can no longer be summoned before dropping down from spawn.
- Players holding max (2) supply can no longer pick up player dropped supply.
- Players will drop any supply they were carrying when they are defeated
- This means that if you have 2 supply and die you will drop 2 supply!
We’ll see you in the Mists,
PvP Game Designer