SWTOR Knights of Fallen Empire Official Expansion Info
The SWTOR official Fallen Empire page is live and here are all the info on the latest SWTOR expansion coming this October.
New Info from Massively/MMORPG Preview
- Read the MMORPG article here and the Massively article here
- You are woken up by Lana Beniko from carbonite, she give you the run down and tell you that you need to unite the remnants of Empire and Republic to fight off against the Eternal Empire. You will escape the carbonite prison with her and Koth.
- Sith Lord Lana Beniko will be one of your companions
- Choices have consequences – letting Lana killing a force wielding cop may cause that cop’s partner to hunt you down later.
- There are no class stories, just the epic story with a dash of class flavor tossed in
- Because the story is personal to you, playing with even one friend is restrictive. Unlike the base game, where friends could play together and follow different class storylines, Fallen Empire has just the one epic story, so it can only be played out one player at a time
- Bioware submit everything to Lucasarts to get vetted. Director J.J. Abrams watched the KotFE blur trailer because he had carte blanche to decide whether what the BioWare team was doing contradicted the story he was telling in any way
New Info from IGN Post-Show Livestream
- Very early on in Knights of Fallen Empire, you are frozen in carbonite. When you are awoken, years have passed and you quickly learn that Empire/Republic as you have known have all fallen.
- You have to find your old companions and adventure with new companions in a very personal story.
- The story picks up right from end of the trailer. You are an Outlander. You can either use existing level 60 characters or create a new level 60 character right from the start.
- Brand new companions and new stories with new companions.
- New iconic abilities for each class, everything you can expect from a Bioware RPG when you level up.
New Info from Polygon Article
- Article link: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/15/8736559/star-wars-old-republic-knights-of-the-fallen-empire-expansion
- Five new companions will be available, with very different allegiances
- You are able to recruit help and additional companions from an expanded cast, including companions who were previously exclusive to other classes.
- To recruit help, you will need to travel around the galaxy and do missions to make yourself favorable to them.”If you want to recruit a character who’s favorable to the Mandalorians, you’ll be able to do missions for them. You want to recruit a character who hates the Hutts, you’ll do missions to build your alliance standing against them.”
- Still a MMO, just very streamlined.
- We are still doing flashpoints, operations, raids bosses, and pvp but it is all about story this year.
Full Length Trailer
A man can have anything… If he’s willing to sacrifice everything.
Step into an epic story-driven adventure as your character becomes The Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War. A third faction threatens the galaxy as we know it, and your choices will determine the fate of both the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic. Knights of the Fallen Empire includes the first nine chapters, fueled by BioWare-style cinematic storytelling, that kicks off a new player-driven story arc that puts you at the center of a conflict where your choices have impact on outcomes including unexpected twists and betrayals. Choose your path…join or betray companions, old and new…and shape the future of the entire galaxy as well as your own. Best of all, this is only the beginning…
THE ADVENTURE BEGINS ON OCTOBER 27TH, FREE FOR ALL SUBSCRIBERS! PREPARE TO FACE YOUR DESTINY.
Subscribe now! http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/subscribe
Continuous Storyline. Choices that matter. BioWare Storytelling. And MORE.
- CHOICES THAT MATTER
Be at the center of a personal Star Wars™ story where choices matter and impact outcomes.
- START AT LEVEL 60
You will become The Outlander, a Level 60 veteran of the Great Galactic War.
- BUILD AN ALLIANCE
Build a team of hand-picked allies to join your alliance; meet new companions and reunite with existing companions ready to offer you their loyalty.
- YOUR PERSONAL SAGA
Play one of eight class stories enhanced to offer a deeper, more accessible experience purely focused on immersing you in a personal Star Wars story.
- CONTINUOUS STORY
This is only the beginning of an evolving Star Wars story, new chapters released on a regular basis.
BE A SUBSCRIBER ON THE DATES BELOW TO EARN REWARDS IN-GAME AT LAUNCH*
Cast of Characters
Chapter 1 The Hunt
Chapter 2 A Dream of Empire
Chapter 3 Outlander
Chapter 4 The Gravestone
Chapter 5 From the Grave
Chapter 6 Asylum
Chapter 7 Lady of Sorrows
Chapter 8 Taking Flight
Chapter 9 The Alliance
Chapter 10 Anarchy In Paradise
Chapter 11 Disavowed
Chapter 12 Coming Soon
Chapter 13 Coming Soon
Chapter 14 Coming Soon
Chapter 15 Coming Soon
Chapter 16 Coming Soon
Terms and Conditions
- To qualify for the Knights of the Fallen Empire Subscriber Rewards, the account must be in a Subscriber status as of 11:59PM PDT//6:59AM GMT on the date listed by the reward.
- Knights of the Fallen Empire rewards are delivered through in-game mail and are redeemable as of the launch of the expansion upon login on October 27, 2015.
- To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015, seven (7) days prior to live launch on October 27, 2015.
- **The Subscriber Epic Story XP Boost offers a significant enhancement of about 12x normal rate to the class story progression experience and includes:
- Increased commendations to support gear needs along the way
- Quick travel points unlocked as soon as they are revealed on the map
- Reduced cool down on quick travel options
For questions on the Epic Story XP Boost visit: www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/blog/epic-story-xp-boost
1. What is the launch date for Knights of the Fallen Empire?
The official launch date for Knights of the Fallen Empire is October 27, 2015.
Players who have been a subscriber from July 31 through October 19, 2015 gain Early Access beginning October 20, 2015, one week before the official launch date.
2. What features will be available during Early Access?
All features will be available at the start of Early Access on October 20, 2015.
3. How do I obtain my Knights of the Fallen Empire Pre-Launch Reward items?
If you has an active subscription from July 31 through October 19, 2015, you will receive your Pre-Launch Reward items via in-game mail at the start of Early Access on October 20, 2015.
If you are not eligible for Early Access, you will receive your rewards via in-game mail on October 27, 2015.
4. How do I get the Epic Story XP Boost?
All active subscribers automatically receive the Epic Story XP Boost; the boost expires October 19, 2015.
5. Can I still get Knights of the Fallen Empire if I don’t have Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan?
All subscribers will receive access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan starting on October 27, 2015.
6. How do I pre-order Knights of the Fallen Empire?
Knights of the Fallen Empire is not available for pre-order as it is free to all active subscribers . You must be an active subscriber to receive the expansion.
7. When will Chapters be released?
Knights of the Fallen Empire will launch with the first 9 episodic Chapters of the story. The remaining chapters will be released monthly starting in early 2016.
8. Is the Outlander a new class in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
No, Knights of the Fallen Empire keeps the 8 core classes, but your character’s story becomes that of the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War.
9. What if I unsubscribe from Star Wars: The Old Republic after October?
If you unsubscribe after October 27, 2015, you will keep the first 9 Chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire, but will not receive any additional Chapters when they are released.
10. What if I don’t subscribe until all the Chapters are released?
If you subscribe after the launch of Knights of the Fallen Empire, you will receive all the content that has been released up to that date. However, as a subscriber you are eligible for great benefits that you don’t want to miss out on such as a monthly Cartel Coin grant and access to the full spectrum of character species.