Massively just published their first installment of Knights of the Fallen Empire preview with some interesting news regarding stories and choices in Knights of the Fallen Empire.
Read the full article here, below is a summary of the important points.
- Change in how they tell story, inspired by Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect. The expansion is only Season One.
- Major choices with consequences – If you let your companion Lana Beniko kill a force wielding cop, his partner may come back later to hunt you down.
- There are no class stories, just the epic story with a dash of class flavor tossed in.
- Story is solo, playing even with a single friend is restrictive. You have to take turns (like how it is in SoR I presume).
- SWTOR story is not strictly cannon but they submit everything to Lucasarts to get approved.
- Director J.J. Abrams watched the KotFE blur trailer because he had carte blanche to decide whether what the BioWare team was doing contradicted the story he was telling in any way.