Some details regarding the upcoming Elementalist Tempest elite specialization have been published on TenTonHammer, here are the details.
Details taken from TenTonhammer article with all the relevant info summarized below.
- Confirmed to use warhorns, warhorn will provide group support and area control.
- Close to mid range combat, warhorn will synergize well with mainhand dagger.
- Ability to overload Attunement – after remaining in a single attunement for a short duration, players can channel an ability that will overload the attunement. This ability has an effect during the channel and another effect upon channel completion. It takes about 2.75-5s to finish the channel. Overloading an attunement has a recharge of 15-20s (depends if you are traited or not) and will also put that attunement on cooldown. Interrupting an overload will put everything on cooldown with the exception of Earth attunement where you gain a few stacks of crowd control resistance buffs.
- Gain shouts as utilities.
- Overload Fire: Summons a fire tornado that continuously burn nearby enemies while granting allies might. Finishing the channel will leave the fire tornado in the Tempest’s location for a short duration.
- Overload Water: Builds a large water bubble that regenerate and cleanse nearby allies. The water bubble will pop at end of the channel, granting nearby allies a large heal.
- Overload Air: Creates a nimbus cloud that continuously strike at nearby enemies. Completing the channel will leave the lightning field at Tempest location to damage nearby enemies.
- Overload Earth: The Tempest will ride the earth to grant protection to nearby allies and cripple to nearby enemies. Once the Tempest returns to the ground they will deliver a massive immobilizing blast.
- Grants 8 new abilities over 4 attunements.
- Example of air attunement skill: Summon a cyclone that will pull enemies to a location and unleash lightning orb projectiles.
- Example of fire attunement skill: Wildfire skill will summon a continuously growing fire field that will damage and burn nearby enemies.
- Example of water attunement skill: Summon a regenerative moving water field that you can blast for additional healing.
- Shouts will be in the form of the healing skill, 4 utilities and the elite skill.
- Wash the Pain Away! (Heal) – heal allies and remove conditions from them. Heal allies for the same amount you are healed for (outside of the initial heal when activating the skill)
- Feel the Burn! (Utility) – Cause growing flames to erupt from that location.
- Eye of the Storm! (Utility) – Call the storm on the Tempest, granting stun break and superspeed for the Tempest and nearby allies.
- Aftershock! (Utility) – Create a powerful aftershock that will cripple and then immobilize enemies.
- Freeze! (Utility) – Chill and damage nearby enemies.
- Rebound! (Elite) – Cause nearby allies to have 25% faster skill recharge.
- Singularity – Unlock the ability to overload your attunement
- Hardy Conduit – Grant you protection when you overload an attunement. Can be affected by a new trait called Earthen Proxy that increase the effect of protection from 33% to 40% damage reduction.
- Speedy Conduit – Gain 33% movement speed while overloading an attunement. Can be coupled with a new trait called Lucid Singularity, which heal you every second and reduce duration of inhibiting conditions by 100%.