GW2 Tempest Elementalist Elite Specialization Livestream Notes
GW2 Tempest Elementalist Elite Specialization livestream notes with a list of the new abilities and traits.
Note: See here for the latest tooltips/skills animations from Beta weekend 1
Where is the Trailer?
- It is a short answer. All of the team is working on Heart of Thorns and they are really busy.
Where is the datamined Elementalist sword?
- Our development goes through an iterative process, everything is in flux until we officially announce it.
Overload Attunement Skills
- Skill tooltips were recorded with Crusader/Marauder/Celestial Amulet
- Cooldown on overload is 15-20s after you finished channeling it (depends if you are traited to decrease the cooldown or not).
- After you overload an attunement, if you switch to another attunement, you cannot swap back to the overloaded attunement until the cooldown is finished.
- If you are overloading the Earth Attunement, you will get a break bar. This break bar can absorb a few crowd control abilities. For example the Mesmer Moa morph will consume the break bar but won’t interrupt your overloading.
- New warhorn sounds will be added for this specialization since the old warhorn sounds are fairly annoying.
- Heat Sync give you 3x might stacks and then share all your boons with your allies.
- Wildfire is your area control fire skill. It is a large rectangular carpet that will burn and damage enemies standing in it. It act as a fire combo field so you can combo it with Overload fire since it is a whirl finisher.
- Tidal Surge heals/regenerate nearby allies and then knocks enemies back in front of you. Act as a crowd control skill in your water attunement.
- Water Globe is a mobile circular regenerative water field you can blast it for additional heals.Works great with Evasive Arcana trait.
- Cyclone is a line projectile that will pull enemies towards it and grant swiftness to allies it affects.You can pull enemies in and then combo with Lightning Rod for additional AoE damage.
- Lightning Orb is another line projectile that basically fire orbs in a single line. Helps if you have singled someone out as it will do massive damage to a single target. Less effective against multiple targets.
- Sand Squall will apply protection to yourself and allies and then increase the duration of all boons on them by 2 seconds. This will increase your protection to 4s for example.
- Dust Storm is a pulsating blind field that pulsate every 2 seconds with each little cyclone does their own blind and vulnerability.
- Wash the Pain Away! – Heal with increasing radius that extends the healing outwards. The closer you are to your allies, the more you will heal them. There is no initial heal anymore, it just heal yourself the same as your allies.
- Feel the Burn! – Rapidly push out burning to nearby enemies and then give fire aura to allies.
- Shock and Aftershock! – Will be renamed to just Aftershock. Does two waves, with first wave crippling and then the second wave immobilize enemies. There is a 0.5s delay between the first and second wave. Grant Magnetic aura to allies. You can combo it with Dagger #3 skill Magnetic Grasp and then apply Shock and Aftershock right after with Dust Storm piled on to give blind.
- Eye of the Storm! – Break stun for you and allies and grant them super speed for 5s.
- Flash-Freeze! – Create a small area around enemies that they have a very short time to get out of. If they do not escape, they will be chilled. Changed to give Frost Aura for 5s instead of 3s on the tooltip.Hit up to 5 enemies within a 600 radius.
- Rebound! – Give you and nearby allies 25% reduced cooldown on their next skill (works with weapon skills as well).Will require some coordination with your allies for maximum effect.
- Gale Song – Give you Eye of the Storm when you are crowd controlled. Break you out of the stun and gain superspeed with a 45s cooldown.
- Latent Stamina – Apply vigor in a radius when attuning to water, give 10 endurance when you grant vigor as well.
- Unstable Conduit – Overloading an attunement give you an aura based on your attunement.
- Tempestuous Aria – Grant might to allies and weakness to enemies while using shouts.
- Earthen Proxy – Give you 40% damage reduction on protection (up from 33%).
- Harmonious Conduit – This will make overloading an attunement have a cooldown of 16s instead of 20s.
- Imbued Melodies – Will be changed to allies in a radius instead of allies you are facing.
- Lucid Singularity – Remove and gain massive resistance to movement impeding conditions (immobilize, cripple, chilled) while overloading your attunement.
- Elemental Bastion – Similar to Altruistic Healing for Guardians. Auras you apply heal allies and apply a Frost Aura to yourself and allies when you are struck below the health threshold. Works pretty well with Unstable Conduit so you are gaining an aura when overloading and the aura heal allies.