GW2 Berserker Warrior Elite Specialization Details
This week ZAM got to sit down with Arenanet and reveal some details of the Berserker elite specialization for warriors.
Full article can be found here on ZAM, below is a summary of the important points.
- New profession mechanic warriors get with the elite specialization. Warriors can enter Berserk mode once enough adrenaline has been built up. This will convert the adrenaline bar from the 3 tiered 30 adrenaline large bar into a single tier 10 adrenaline bar to help gain adrenaline faster.
- Once you go Berserk it cannot be canceled and player will continue to go Berserk for its full duration. Berserk has its own cooldown and duration and cannot be activated unless you have full adrenaline.
- Warriors gain access to Primal Burst skills when entering Berserk mode which modify the F1 Burst skills warriors currently have. These skills have lower recharge allowing them to be used much more often. They are considered Tier 3 burst skills but have slightly lower damage than a normal Tier 3 burst skill due to the frequency you can use them.
- Scorched Earth – Longbow’s F1 skill while in Berserk mode – leaves a trail of fire on the ground in a straight line. It covers more area than the normal F1 Combustive Shot but will need to be aimed properly for full benefit.
- Skull Grinder – Mace’s F1 skill while in Berserker mode – disrupt the target for a shorter duration compared to the normal F1 skill but inflicts multiple conditions on the target.
- Blaze Breaker – Slams the torch on the ground to create a cascade of rock and flame that travels towards a target burning and crippling any foe on the way.
- Flames of War – This lights the Berserker on fire, burning off conditions and creating a fire field that follows the berserker acting as a combo field. Any foe caught in it takes damage and the field explodes when it explodes to deal more damage and burning.
- New set of utility skills that grant bonus adrenaline when used. They act similar to the current Physical utility skills but old Physical skills will still find a place in Berserk builds since most of the new skills provide a different functionality.
- Berserk also act as a Rage skill and will immediately fill up the adrenaline bar to allowing you instant access to the Primal Burst skills.
- Wild Blow – A powerful attack that launches any foe it hits back a large distance. This converts the foe into a projectile, causing them to hit other enemies in its path and knocking them back in turn. Unfortunately the enemy is not converted into a projectile finisher by this skill.
- Berserker traits falls into 3 categories
- Provide benefits for going berserk and help gather up enemies.
- Improving burning and condition damage
- Making Berserker more unstoppable by adding healing options and stun breaks.