SWTOR Pax Prime KotFE Gameplay Livestream Coverage
Coverage of the SWTOR Pax Prime Make up Livestream in which details of companions and gameplay from Chapter 3 will be shown.
Prinawe Aggregate link (infinite uses): https://account.swtor.com/user/ce/26nqz2,
When:5 pm PDT/8pm EDT/2 am CEST.
- Parts of Gameplay from Chapter 3 of the new expansion, including the reveal of the return of a familiar face.
- Developers will answer questions from chat.
- How companions of past and future will work in the new expansion will be explained.
- No crafting info.
- Shareable link for the Prinawe Aggregate mount and other goodies.
- Hopefully the start of some solid info on the expansion other than “You are the Outlander”
Official Recap (spoiler free)
August Livestream Wrap-up | 08.27.2015, 01:14 AM
As mentioned before, he is a quick wrap-up of what was discussed on the livestream earlier this evening. First off, you can watch the archived version of the stream yourself, right here (part 1) (part 2).
We opened by showing the intro to Chapter 3, along with playing through portions of it to highlight some key choices that can be made, new environments, etc. After that we took on some of the more commonly asked questions around Companions in Knights of the Fallen Empire. Here they are:
What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?
When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.
Is there more combat customization for Companions?
Absolutely, in fact every Companion can now choose any role you choose at any time; healer, tank, or DPS.
How does gear come into play here?
Starting in KotFE your Companion’s power and stats scale with your level, regardless of the gear they are wearing. However, you can still use gear to determine exactly how your Companions will look. (note: this is not a part of Appearance Designer)
What about all of that Affection I farmed for my Companions?
We haven’t forgotten the relationships you’ve built; the affection you earned will not be lost and the relationships you built will continue to be relevant.
If you have more Companion questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. We will work to answer them throughout the rest of the week. Keep in mind of course that we will not answer spoilery questions. Finally, we ended the stream with a video clip from Chapter 1 of Fallen Empire which shows an important decision made around one of the character’s Companions. Sparing any spoilers, check out the archive for the clip.
- Eric Musco and Michael Backus, and Ben Scott (Lead Level Designer) are present.
- Originally they wanted to do this livestream in Pax Prime in Seattle but unfortunately developers had to stay here to finish up the expansion. As a bonus, we will get to see some back scene stuff.
- Prinawe Aggregate link (infinite uses): https://account.swtor.com/user/ce/26nqz2, also cartel coin giveaway in chat.
- What will be shown today: Demo of Chapter 3 shown to the press (10 minutes). Q&A after on companions.
Gameplay Demo (SPOILERS)
- Gameplay is shown from perspective of the Jedi Guardian.This takes place in the planet of Zakuul, the capital of Eternal Empire. It looks much like Coruscant underworld.
- Some cutscenes at the beginning of Chapter 3 is shown.
- Lana Beniko is shown walking to a carbonite chamber containing you. She injected some serum into you and you got out of the carbonite.
- Jedi Knight: “I lost my crew, I tried to save them and Coruscant. Ships bombarded the capital”
- Lana: “Some dreams and some visions no doubt. Best put it aside for now. Gear up! Quickly.
- Jedi Knight spot T7 nearby “ T7.. but I saw.. What is happening here?
- Lana: The Empire and Republic have all but fallen to the man who imprisoned you. You are our last hope.
- Enemy troopers coming in, blasters shooting. End of cutscene.
- Years have passed and you have no idea what happened. Both Empire/Republic have been defeated.
- Emperor Valkarion didn’t kill you when he captured you, clearly you are important.
- The character shown will have fewer abilities than usual. They didn’t take away any abilities, it was just to show off the cool abilities.
- One of the first big choice in this chapter is to stop the Sun Generator which is about going to critical.You have two critical choices here. Stop it (LS) or Ignore it (DS). Koth Vortena, who is a citizen of Zakuul, shows up and urges you to stop the Sun Generator from exploding.
- Dark side is the quick and easy path to get out. You are using the chaos caused by the Sun generator exploding to escape. This choice was picked by the developer doing the playthrough.If you pick the DS choice you will gain 10 influence with Lana and lose 10 influence with Koth.
- If you pick the DS choice you will gain 10 influence with Lana and lose 10 influence with Koth.
- To escape further you have to fight against waves of Skytrooper, the main bulk force of the Eternal Empire
- Once you escaped to the proper Zakuul city, Koth Vortena is suppose to rescue you with his ship but the ship had some maintenance problems and crashes right in front of you. More Skytroopers shows up.
- After dispatching waves of Skytroopers and arriving at the extraction point, you are stopped by Knights of Zakuul, a force sensitive policing unit. They are wearing the Zakuul armor available on the CM right now. They use the force as a policing instrument and nothing more. They say you are guilty of assassinating the Immortal Emperor.
- They ask you to surrender, you can either Force Persuade them (Jedi Knight option only), Attack them right away or tell them you don’t surrender.
- Force Persuade option was picked and didn’t work. They resisted it and you are forced to enter into combat.
- After some combat, one of the two knights escapes and Lana chokes the remaining one. You are given the choice to either let the guy go or kill him. If you pick the kill option, his partner may come back later and hunt you down.
- Vaylin shows up to stop your escape
- You are given the option to either fight with Lano Beniko or run yourself.
- Koth shows up just in time with his ship. Koth shoots Vaylin with his ship but Vaylin grabs a piece of the metal and uses it as a shield against the blaster fire. She then hurl the hunk of metal at the ship, damaging it. You are dragged up by HK-55 while Vaylin is distracted.
- T7 stops the anti air cannons and save Koth’s ship from being destroyed.
- In Knights of the Fallen Empire, Lana Beniko becomes a full blown companion.
- Q: There is a time lapse with 4.0 of 5 years, what happens to all of my companions?
- A: Storywise part of the adventure is figuring out what has happened to your previous companions. You are the Outlander, the focal point of the resistance against the Eternal Empire. It is up to you to unite your old companions and fight back. From a story standpoint, you will be locked to certain companions in various chapters. You will be introduced to new characters and finding out what happened to past companions.
- A: Companions that are not coming back are not taken away. You will have access to ALL of them gameplay wise, just not story wise. You can resummon your old companions that you truly loved. Treek and HK are absolutely not going away. Storywise we are going to screw with them all but gameplay wise we are not taking any of them away.
- Q: Companion affection lost in 4.0?
- A: You won’t lose any of it gameplay wise. All the hardwork you have done will still matter. Fictionally, those romances and relationship you did in the past with your companions will matter and may come back affect your choices.
- Q: Companion roles in 4.0?
- A: Going forward, all companions can be all 3 roles. You can pick your favourite companion and have them do any role.
- Q: What happens to companion gear in 4.0?
- A: We untied gear from companions. We kept the visuals so you can still customize their visuals. Companions get stronger as they level up with you. You will get all your companion gear back so don’t rush to unequip them.
- Q: Will I lose anything?
- A: In most cases you won’t lose anything. We are trying to not take anything away and if we do we will tell you in advance.
- It happens in the first chapter. You have to make a very important choice regarding your companion. This choice will have an impact.
- You (Jedi Knight) are shown inside Marr’s capital ship in the process of breaking apart. You managed to break free your ship with Kira in it. Kira talks to the Jedi Knight, you tell her either to escape in your ship or stay and defend Marr’s ship. The escape option was picked
- Darth Marr’s voice can be heard at end of the clip directing you to the next step of the story.