A guide to the GW2 Mordrem Invasion event running from Sept 10 to Sept 13 in Brisban Wildlands, Kessex Hills, and Diessa Plateau.
Events are starting 30 minutes past the hour and only last for 30 minutes. Rewards seems to be handled out after the invasion has finished in a zone and based on the number of Mordrem incursions you have defeated personally. The event has been patched and you should be able to get rewards properly now.
The event rotates between maps, here is the pattern so far with an hour break before repeating.
- 12:30 EDT – Brisban Wildlands
- 1:30 EDT – Kessex Hills
- 2:30 EDT – Diessa Plateau
- 3:30 EDT – Break
- 4:30 EDT – Brisban Wildslands
- etc etc.
You get a stacking buff called Invasion Defender which increases with the number of invasion events you have defeated. This might regulate how much Mordrem Blooms you will get at end of the invasion.It might be worth it to hop between different events to get more stacks.
- You lose all of the stacks if you change zones or disconnect!
- You get 20 bonus Mordrem Blooms per day per map and a Vine-Covered Crate containing Memories of Scarlet Box or Arid Dusty Satchel.In addition, depending on your individual event completion, you can get some extras.
- If you get 0-4 stacks of the Invasion Defender buff, you get 0 Mordrem Blooms
- If you get 5-9 stacks of the Invasion Defender buff, you get 5 Mordrem Blooms
- If you get 10-19 stacks of the Invasion Defender buff, you get 10 Mordrem Blooms
- If you get 20-30+ stacks of the Invasion Defender buff, you get 15 Mordrem Blooms
- This means that you can get 60 Mordrem Blooms from the daily for 3 maps and then anywhere from 0-15 Mordrem Blooms per map depending on how many Invasion Defender buff stacks you get.
Sept 11 Update
We have been tracking player response and recognize that this event has not gone as intended. We’re at a point where we can’t change anything more about this event for this weekend without risk to the greater portion of the game. We also are going to postpone our plans to organize an in-game event around the Mordrem Invasion this afternoon. Instead, we’re going to continue to monitor for your feedback and collect information that will help us improve on these types of events going forward.
We are aware of an issue where if you disconnect during the event you will not be able to rejoin. If you experience this, you will be able to participate in the events that follow the one from which you disconnected. For instance, if you were disconnected during the Kessex Hills incursion, you’ll be able to get into the next stage when it takes place in Diessa Plateau.
As we mentioned yesterday, we will be taking care of those of you who did not get your rewards, so look for those in your in-game mail in the coming days.
We encourage all of you who’ve participated in the Mordrem Invasion to please share your constructive thoughts on how we can improve on these types of experiences in the future. Please share your ideas and feedback in this thread.
Not getting rewards before the hotfix patch
Note: Arenanet is aware of the non-reward issue. They are working on a fix.
Dang Mordrem. They’re EVERYWHERE! They even got into the code and did bad stuffs. 😉
Seriously, we’re really sorry about the non-reward issue! The team is aware of the problem and is working to correct the issue as soon as possible.
Mordrem Invasion Update:
We know that some of you are experiencing issues with the Mordrem Invasion Event. A few notes:
- The team is aware of the issues and is working on a fix, which will be rolled out as soon as possible.
- Once this is live, we anticipate future incursions of the Mordrem will take place as planned, and rewards will be given as intended.
- Those who earned rewards and did not receive them will be given their rewards. This could take several days, so please allow time for this to happen
- Source: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Mordrem-Inavasion-BROKEN-No-reward/first#post5477759
Note 2: Another response from Arenanet on the bugged rewards issue.
- Rewards scale with the number of Mordrem incursions you help defeat.
- There also is a daily map bonus for repelling invasions.
- Remember that a rewards issue currently is being addressed and we hope to have a fix for that soon.
- Rewards, if not received immediately, will be distributed to those who earned them in the next several days.
- NPCs will remain in place for a period of time after the event so that you can exchange blooms for items. An NPC will remain in the Priory for a few months, at least, so you’ll be able to make the exchanges you need to make.
- Source: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Mordrem-Invasion-Update/first#post5478173
Bloom Exchange Vendor
Next to these waypoints you will find the vendor that will give you rewards in exchange for Mordrem Blooms and coins.
- Ikeko Tradecamp Waypoint in Kessex Hills – [&BAoAAAA=]
- Watchful Source Waypoint in Brisban Wildlands – [&BFwAAAA=]
- Charrgate Haven Waypoint in Diessa Plateau – [&BNkAAAA=]
- [&AgGHEgEAAA==] Memories of Scarlet Box – Contains components for the crafting of spinal blades and items from Scarlet’s assault.
- [&AgGBEgEAAA==] Arid Dusty Satchel – Contains components for the crafting of Mawdrey and items from the Maguuma Wastes.
- [&AgF3EgEAAA==] Mysterious Key Pouch – Contains a choice of a Mysterious Blue Key, Mysterious Green Key, or Mysterious Pink Key.
- Scarlet’s Champions Mini 3 Pack
- Toxic Gloves/Toxic Mantle
- Scarlet’s Grasp/Scarlet’s Spaulders