GW2 Scrapper Engineer Elite Specialization livestream notes showcasing the weapon skills, utilities and traits.
Points of Interest
- Live at Twitchcon next week showing off the Druid
- Scrapper is originally a negative name in the Charr society – applied to low class warbands, outcasts, and misfits. They were the people who were forced to pick up scraps and do junkyard work. They took their punishment and use it as a badge of honor and inspired the other downtrodden races to do the same. Scrappers are a master of improvisation, not only in the junkyard but also on the battlefield.
- Scrapper is a melee bruiser with lots of good lockdown abilities. Very good at breaking Break Bars in preparation for raids.
- Autoattack: Three hit combo. Able to attack 3 targets. First attack give you one might stack per target hit, second attack applies vulnerability and third attack grants both.
- Electro-Whirl: Spins around to create multiple whirl finisher at your location. Also reflect projectiles
- Rocket Charge: Do multiple leap attacks on your target. If you do not have anyone targeted, you will leap forward instead for the full distance. Good for escape or closing in. Each leap is a leap finisher so you can load up on things that leap finisher do. Also evades attacks.
- Shock Shield: Block for 2s and also applies 8 stacks of vulnerability while you are blocking. Both offense and defense at the same time.
- Thunderclap: Crates a pulsating AoE lightning field. Initial strike is a stun so it give you opportunity to load up on something else like multiple dazes.
Utiltiies (Gyros and Toolbelts)
- These Gyros can be targeted and attacked/crowd controlled. They do have quite a bit of health. You can applies boons/buffs to them. They will last for a fixed duration. These gyros will follow you around with the exception of Blast Gyro that will home in on your target.
- Each Gyro grant a toolbelt skill (F1-F5) that act as a field that can be combo’ed in. The fields do not move with you except for Defense Field.
- Medic Gyro: Applies an bunch of AoE healing on you and other allies after it is out. It applies the heal every 2-3 seconds. It lasts 15 seconds.
- Reconstruction Field (Toolbelt Skill): Grants a water field around you and applies Protection.
- Bulwark Gyro: Applies a large AoE damage reduction (50%) to you and allies. It will also take these damage on itself. It has a very large health pool so you can step behind the gyro and let it take all the damage.
- Defense Field (Toolbelt Skill): Straight up reflection shield that reflects projectiles. It follows you around.
- Blast Gyro Tag: You launch a straight homing device to your target (projectile, can be intercepted). The Blast Gyro will home in on that target and explodes doing knockback and a hefty amount of damage. You can counter this by locking down the Blast Gyro so it can’t reach you before it runs out of its duration. Engineers can apply stability to the Blast Gyro to prevent this.
- Bypass Coating (Toolbelt skill): Grant superspeed to you and nearby allies. You can pop the Blast Gyro and pop this toolbelt skill immediately after to give the Gyro superspeed to get to where it needs to be.
- Shredder Gyro: Straight placement gyro you place on the ground. It stays there and continuously whirl for the 12s duration. It is potentially create a lot of projectiles from all the whirl finishers. If it survives for any amount of time it can deal a quite amount of damage. One of the combos that is good to use is to use the Bulwark Gyro to shield the Shredder Gyro or other Gyros from damage.
- Spare Capacitor (Toolbelt Skill): Sets down a lightning field to daze and damage foes.
- Purge Gyro: Removes 2 conditions from you or nearby allies every 3 seconds with cleanse priority given to the Scrapper before allies.
- Chemical Field (Toolbelt Skill): Drops an AoE poison around you. Can be used with a whirl finisher to fire off poison projectiles or a leap finisher to weaken foes that choose to stay in.
- Sneak Gyro: Applies AoE stealth to you and other allies nearby. This gyro will remain visible however. Gyros daze enemies in its range when it is destroyed or run out of its duration. You can use this and the trait that grants superspeed when a gyro is destroyed to speed off where you need to go.
- Detection Pulse (Toolbelt Skill): Remove stealth from up to 5 enemies in a 900 range. Targets are revealed for 6s. If you detect an enemy Sneak Gyro you can use this skill to reveal all the stealth players.
- Function Gyro: Grant you a ranged ability to revive or stomp a target. You can use Gyros to finish a foe or revive an ally for you that you have targeted. Basically you target someone and use this ability. The gyro will appear at your target and do its work. Can be used every 30s. Very dangerous ability. It will currently use whatever finisher you are using.
- Decisive Renowned: You get 5 stacks of Might and Superspeed when you or your gyro revive an ally or finish off an enemy.
- Impact Savant: Incoming stun duration reduced by 25% and outgoing stuns duration increased by 25%.
- Shocking Speed: Using a leap finisher or a blast finisher in a lightning field applies superspeed around you and up to 5 allies.
- Stabilization Core: Grants stability to your Function Gyro and yourself when you pop it out. This means your Function Gyro will less likely to get interrupted when stomping or reviving allies.
- Recovery Matrix: Using a heal skill give you 5.75s of Protection
- Rapid Regeneration: While you have swiftness or superspeed or both, heal for ~100 base for swiftness and ~500 base for superspeed every second. Scales with your healing power at a decent rate. If you want to go really sustain tanky, you can with this trait.
- Expert Examination: Stunning or daze a foe applies 5 stacks of Vulnerability and weakness for 9s. There is no internal cooldown so everyone you stun or daze is all vulnerable and weakened.
- Mass Momentum: Gain power based on your toughness. Gain one stack of Might every second you have stability. This means if you are using Stabilization Core Function Gyro traited, you can get might stacks under that stability. It can get to 5 stacks of Might base but if you have boon duration it will go even higher. Flamethrower with Juggernaut give you constant stability and you will have both pulsating might from Juggernaut and Mass Momentum to get very high Might stacks.
- Adaptive Armor: Gain stacking Toughness when you are struck up to 5 stacks (500 Toughness). Reduce 20% of the incoming condition damage. 1s internal cooldown does not apply to the condition damage reduction, it just limit Toughness stacks to 1 stack per second.
- Final Salvo: Gyros grant a pulsating lightning field and superspeed to allies when destroyed. Lasts for 3 pulses with each pulse granting superspeed.
- Perfectly Weighted: Deal 10% hammer damage and gain 3s of stability (2 stacks) everytime you evade an attack with an internal cooldown of 5s. Works really well with Rocket Charge and Mass Momentum. If someone tries to hit you while you are bouncing around in Rocket Charge you will return with stability and Might stacks.