GW2 Twitchcon Skill Balance Update Preview
GW2 Twitchcon skill balance update preview. This skill balance should be available next Tuesday.
- All traps across all professions are going to have a 5 minute unpopped duration. This was a normalization thing.
- Rune of Vampirism – Profession skills are no longer available while in mist form (PvPers can use them again in tournaments since they won’t be banned anymore)
- Revealed was bugged, it was removing the last stack of stealth instead of all stealth, it should now pull off all stealth.
- Cripple can only stack to a max of 5 stacks (down from 9 stacks).
- Elementalist too oppressive in PvP with burning.
- Blinding Ashes recharged increased from 5s to 8s.
- Burning Fire no longer apply might when you use a cantrop.
- Drake’s Breath – Burning duration decreased from 3s to 2.5s.
- Ring of Fire – Applies 2 stacks of burning for 4s initially (this now applies if enemy is within radius of the ring, do not need to cross the ring). When enemy cross the ring threshold the fire stack they get has been changed from 3 stacks for 5s to 1 stack for 2 seconds.
- Glyph of Elemental – Recharge reduced from 120s to 90s
- Elementalist was limited in their elite abilities. Tornado was situational at best, FGS was kind of the goto, this should make elemental make viable.
- Elementalist scepter getting buffed – some damage being added back. Dragon’s Tooth is now ground targeted.
- Icebow getting 50% damage nerf and now affects 3 targets per hit (down from 5)
- Vigor trait for elementalist on crit will be normalized to other profession’s (going to 10s recharge with 5s duration instead of 5s recharge with 5s duration).
- Flamethrower getting a dmg increase on the autoattack.
- Fragmentation Shot (Pistol), bleeding duration increased 2s to 3s, allowing you to stack more bleed
- Healing Turret (Cleansing Burst) going to be affected by your healing power and AMR. Will scale up properly.
- AMR would recharge your heal but your flip over skill (Cleansing Burst) wouldn’t be recharged. This bug has been fixed.
- Magnet used to not pull a target to you if it was near the edge of the range. Now it will pull targets up to 1200 range properly.
- Medical Dispersion Field trait – Reworked. There is now no internal cooldown and it is only triggered by your heals on yourself. The healing pulsed out to your allies has been increased by 20%.
- Takedown Round trait – Increased the damage by 50% and now affected by Shrapnel (cripple/bleed)
- Mortar Kit – Now affected by Explosive Powder.
- Shield of Judgment will now apply 4s of Protection in both PvP and PvE (was 3s in PvP and 5s in PvE before).
- Shield of Absorption changed to 4s channel from 1.25s channel but in compensation we are no longer rooting you when you use this skill so you can move around with the bubble.
- Feel my Wrath – increased the recharge from 30s to 45s. It was too strong.
- Save Yourselves! – Was split between PvP and PvE version, now we are using the PvE version across all modes.
- Chaotic Dampening – Increased the recharge reduction per pulse by 25% (from 2% to 2.5%).
- QoL change: When you use portal, you will now get a buff to show you how long you have to throw down the other side.
- Prismatic Understanding – Increased stealth duration no longer going to be 100%, only 50% now.
- Mesmer Sword mainhand getting a straight up buff. Mind Gash/Mind Spike/Mind Slash all getting 10% damage buff.
- Focus change: Temporal Curtain will now always apply its full swiftness duration of 12s the first time you pass through it. Previously if you had swiftness from another source it would not apply.
- Corrosive Poison Cloud: Duration decrease from 12s to 8s. It will now destroy all projectiles that pass through it. It will also now pulse every 2 seconds instead of every 3s.
- Axe skills (Rending Claws/Ghastly Claws) going up to 900 radius.
- Scepter – Scepter 1 and 2 skill bleed duration going down from 5s to 4.5s. Scepter 3 get a poison duration increase to 6s and 4.5s bleed.
- Feast of Corruption – It apply a base 2 stack of Torment and a max of 5 more stacks of Torment, one for every condition for the target.
- Lingering Curse – Condition duration effect is now 50% instead of 100%
- Lich and Plague forms will no longer destroy your minions. Other transforms (i..e Moa) will still destroy them.
- Beastly Warden, the taunt from it can now be evaded or blocked.
- Most Dangerous Game – Now applies 5 stacks of Might for 3s every second that you are below 50%. If you are under 50% for 3s you will gain 15 stacks of Might for example.
- Nature’s Vengeance trait – Frost Spirit buffed so that instead of 1s of Might every 3s it is going up to 3 stacks of might every 3s. Basically constantly pulsating 3 stacks of might constantly. Storm Spirit similarly give 3 stacks of Swiftness every 3s and same with regeneration from Water Spirit.
- Quickdraw – It wasn’t stacking its cooldown reduction with other traits. It will now stack.
- Ranger pets are now getting condition damage baseline depending on which family they belong to. They will get either 400, 700 or 1000 condition damage.
- We Heal as One –In addition to the heal, all boons on you copied to the pet and all boons on the pet copied to you.
- Thief Pistol getting damage buffs – 20%+
- Potent Poison – Poison damage increase going from 10% to 33%.
- Vigorous Recovery – Vigor duration going from 5s to 7s.
- Expeditious Dodger – Getting a 100% duration buff from 2s of swiftness to 4s
- Rousing Resilience is getting a huge % buff (130% buff).
- Last Stand recharge reduced from 90s to 40s.
- Rifle for warrior getting a damage buff
- Shield Bash/Shield Stance getting recharge reductions (20s for Shield Bash, 25s for Shield Stance). Shield Bash also getting an extended stun duration from 1s to 2s.