SWTOR Knights of the Fallen Empire Sept 30 livestream coverage with notes and Q&A.
- What will be talked today- “a whole lot of stuff”
- Something special for people who done all class stories
- UI changes
- Changes to crafting, group finder, inventory, currencies
- Changes to collections
- Changes on original worlds.
- Changes to events and their rewards.
- Changes to heroic missions.
- Level syncing on older planets.
- Performance improverments
- Some Chapter 1 stream will be shown today for those who missed Twitchcon
- 2 hr livestream, Musco will go over 3 pages of notes and answer general Q&A from the audience.
Creating a brand new level 60 character
- New L60 characters will get a recommended Discipline – always DPS and discipline with a simpler rotation
- Mercenary for example gets Arsenal. You can switch disciplines if you want with the advanced option at bottom right.
- Character limit – if you are already at 22 character limit and you create a new L60 character it will add a new slot for you up to a cap of 40-50 character per server. If you don’t want to make new L60 characters you can buy more character slots.
- How much will new L60 costs on the cartel market? Price not determined yet.
- Starter Gear: New L60 characters will get legacy bound 188 blue gear that you can transfer to other characters if you like the appearance.
- Mastery – all the main stat have being consolidated into Mastery. Crit is now all one stat (critical rating and surge are now one stat).
- Tutorial Mode – Tutorial mode means you won’t have access to all the abilities and they will show up as you progress in Chapter 1. You can turn off this tutorial mode immediately. It is more meant for new players to avoid overwhelming them with all the abilities.
- Discipline window – You get a new utility point and an additional utility in the heroic tier.
- What you need to complete before KotFE: You don’t need to complete anything before Fallen Empire (i.e. no SOR, RoTHC class story etc). However, once you start KotFE you cannot go back and complete them again. This only applies to story missions, you can still do the side quests etc.
- Crew skills on new L60: New characters get all the previous companions and crew skill auto L500. You will get appropriate crew skills for your class (i.e. bounty hunter get armormech, scavenging, and underworld trading)
- Companions: You can still customize the appearance of your companions. Their stats are influenced by your level and your influence with that companion. You can change their role selection to damage, tank, heals etc out of combat. Companion gear you farmed from Yavin will be made legacy and can be used for players (except the weapons).
- Can you obtain companion original gear appearance again? Not at launch of KotFE. Team is aware of and would love to put in.
New features coming with the expansion
Reward for completing all class stories
- Legendary status, you get a cool icon ingame next to your name
- You have to finish all 8 class stories, level doesn’t matter.
Companions on cartel Market
- Combat companions, no storyline, cannot be used to sell trash.
- Can be found inside cartel packs or on the GTN from other players
New Interface Editor/Share keybinds
- New interface editor with snap to grid function
- Share keybind will be available as well in 4.0
Temporary Ability Bars
- Temporary ability bar has been added. It will pop up when you have Huttball or when you use Heroic Moment abiltiies. Each of the Heroic Moment ability you can use twice over the course of the heroic moment before they go away. Heroic Moment abilities also have been rebalanced to make them better.
- Crafting cap is still at 500. There are no more tiers (i..e having to train every 75). You get everything from the beginning.
- All the armor you craft now start at blue (no more green quality) to make sure the thing you craft are useable for you. They are all adaptive and can be used on any class.
- There has been some changes to who craft what (a future blog post will post in this detail)
- All the crafting tiers has been changed to grade 1 to 8.
- Some crafting materials has been removed. Any material you have that is no longer used will be changed to different crafting material that can be used.
- Any old schematics you have will be put into an archive section on the crafting menu incase you want to craft them for appearance etc.
- Gathering changes: No matter your skill level, you can gather material of any tier. The relative difference between your skill and the tier will determine how much you get. i.e. 500 bioanalysis getting tier 1 material will get a whole bunch of them. A level 1 bioanalysis trying to get a tier 6 material isn’t going to get much.
- Mission changes: All the mission per grade are available to you. Which one you want will be available. No more RNG of getting which missions.
- Basic/Elite/Ultimate commendations changed to Common/Glowing/Radiant data crystals. It is just a name change, your currency are not being reset.
- Warzone commendation remains the same.
- No more weekly commendation limit but there is still an overall cap (1000, 500, 500).
- There now a tab under legacy for datacrons to keep track of datacrons which are now made legacy.
- Legacy datacrons are now made retroactive
- Speeder Piloting I can be unlocked at level 1. You can now use your mount at level 1.
- New summon random mount and summon random pet legacy ability now available. They are completely free.
- Cape clipping on mounts has been fixed on most capes.
Collections/New Cartel pack
- New cartel pack will be coming with Fallen Empire on either October 20/27
- Collections window now collapse everything by default when you open it.
- You can now filter items and search items in collections.
Events and Event rewards
- All the event vendors have been placed at Cartel bazaar section of fleet for easy access.
- New vendor have some new stuff and some returning items from old Chevin event and the original Rakghoul event. They require currencies from Gree, Bounty and Rakghoul event.
Leveling changes on core worlds
- With the expansion, you just need to play the class missions and the planetary main story mission to level up. The side quests are now classified as exploratory missions and can be hidden.
- 12XP will be going away with launch of Fallen Empire and be replaced with this new system.
- There are now special icons for the class/main story missions and heroic missions.
Group Finder Interface
- Group Finder Interface has been reworked. Storymode operation for group finder are different every day (set on a rotation). Anyone in 50-65 can jump in and do the storymode operations and hardmode flashpoints.
- Tactical flashpoints are available from 10-65.
KotFE chapter interface
- You can just hit the play button on the top right corner and jump straight into a chapter anytime anywhere. The story will be much like class story in terms of playing with other players. They can watch you make the decisions but can’t do anything themselves.
- Companions now have an outfit tab and you can change their appearance. The exception are droids and companions like Darth Marr.
Changes to Heroic Missions
- There is now a terminal for all the heroic missions. Heroic missions will give you different rewards based on your level so they are always relevant.
- Every heroic mission now have a priority transport so you can instantly teleport to the location.
- When visiting old planets, your level will be synced down to the appropriate level and have your stats changed. The level will be highest level you can do the content at. This affect everything, not just heroic missions.
- You will not lose any abiltiies or passives.
- It is not optional, you cannot toggle off level sync.
- You will get experience from low level content this way and can help your friends leveling.
Changes to Anti-alising
- New medium option added, give you the performance of low but looks slightly better.
- Ultra option give you very sharp graphics.
- Affection has been renamed to Influence and now does a bit more like affecting combat effectiveness of your companions the higher influence you have with them.
- Alliance feature and companion contacts will be revealed closer to launch.