GW2 Guild Week Day 3 livestream notes where scribing, decorating your guild halls and arenas will be discussed.
- Can make various things – Decorations, WvW consumables. Scribes can also make a set of 6 backpacks. First tier backpack is a mailing tube.
- This is a full crafting profession that goes up to 400 right now (500 is still in discussion).
- Scribes uses scribing kit, which is always made up of a pen, ink and blotting powder
- Pens uses wood dowels, ink uses pigments salvaged from dye bottles or gathered from plants
- It also uses paper, which are made of various things. Sandpaper is used exclusively in decoration crafting. Coarse sand is obtained from the silky sands with the expansion and will be tradeable.
- Once you have the scribing kit and paper, you can make the finishing kit, which uses Linseed Oil made from Flexseed, a new gathering material in the jungle maps.
- Scribes make scrolls as well which can give you utility buffs.
- You make decorations from other decorations. Once you unlocked decoration vendor, you can buy decorations from it and scribe can take these decorations to refine them or change them.
- Scribes can also craft Orchestra for your guild hall (there is one in Divinity Reach you can view right now).
- Further on, scribes can craft a sketchbook to unlock collections that enable them to craft more elegant decorations.
- At the workshop, Scribes can craft schematics to be queued into the Processing Station to make consumables for guild. WvW and PvE processing have different queues so they don’t conflict with each other.
- To speed up processing, you can spend Resonance gained from guild missions or traded with Influence.
- Base decoration vendor can be unlocked by upgrading the Marketplace. He will sell you decorations for coins, karma, and petrified silver (a new currency from the new maps)
- Addition decorations can be obtained from raid bosses, scribing, and open world bosses.
- There is a guild panel to store all the consumables and decorations
- There are caps based on the decoration. Some decorations can be only placed once while others can be placed many times. The max limit for decorations in guild hall is 2000 due to performance issues.
- The decorating interface has a button to place decoration and 3 buttons of eraser circles of different sizes to remove decorations. You can also rotate decorations once they are placed. Decorations that are erased by your eraser will be highlighted in red so you can see in fine detail what you will remove.
- Chair sitting technology is very complicated since they have to do it for 5 different races etc. They don’t have this tech yet.
- You can use decorations to build your own jumping puzzles inside the guild hall.
- No button to remove all the decorations in your guild hall at once. Might be added later.
- They are looking into adding holiday themed decorations.
- Decorations on gemstore is still TBD, we will never rule anything out for sure.
- Decorations are not scaleable. If you want bigger tables for example you have to make better furnitures.
- The arenas in both guild halls are similarly sized. One might look better than the other due to the placement of speculating platforms. It is about 75% of the Obsidian Sanctum area right now.
- it takes 2 months for guild to unlock arenas, the whole guild hall takes about 9 months to fully unlock everything.
- Arenas allow 3 teams right now and a free for all character. There is also an invulnerable team where players on the team can’t die (decorators/referees can join this team)
- Arenas have boundaries you can activate or deactivate. Once this boundary is deactivated, you can knock off other players off the arena platform and fall to their deaths.
- Arenas are capped to 80 players. We have tested 20v20 and slightly more than that in free for all. It starts to feel pretty full with 20v20 battles.
- We are looking into adding a bigger arena in the future outside guild halls in support of bigger battles.
- You can bring other guilds into your own guild hall arena to fight you. Just invite them to a squad first so they can enter your guild hall.
- Arenas decorations are separate from the normal decorations and you can place walls, turrets, torches etc. They are unlocked automatically when you upgrade arenas.
- Decorations you place in the arena are saved but there is no save template right now.
Cross Guild Chat
- Able to see and chat with all 5 guilds while representing only one guild. You can disable guild channels in your preferences if you find it too much to handle.
- This is not a solution for massive guilds with more than 500 members. We are working on something for them but currently they are a very small% of the player base.