GW2 New Legendaries and Action Camera Mode Livestream Notes
GW2 Guild Chat livestream notes featuring the new legendaries, pro league, guild halls and action camera mode.
- Foundation laid over 3 years ago.
- Esports has encouraged PvP participation. PvP is the fastest growing segment in GW2 right now.
- Pro League will be 7 week season in which 8 teams from each region will be competing for 200k USD. At end of season 2 there will be a world championshp event.
- Rules will be strict since there is so much money involved – No troll player/guild names (i.e. When Our Lips Touch)
- Top teams in Guild challenger league (guild team leaderboards) will have a shot at part of the pro league by facing teams at bottom of the pro league
- Age requirement lowered to 16, country restriction removed (Brazil for example is one of the fastest growing population segment by country).
- Balance patch 2 weeks before pro league and pvp league season starts. New runes, sigils, and stat combos will be added with balance patches.
- Week 1 of Pro League will start on Nov 23 (this will not coincide with the start of the PvP leagues). Qualifier will start on Nov 14-16. o
- Axe – theme is celestial bodies. The themed collections will start with ancient astronomy and ancient races such as the ancient jotun who were first involved. The final collection will have you build a tool to do do star charting around Tyria.
- HOPE – Pistol. You start off apprenticing yourself to a Hylek alchemist and learning the basics of Hylek alchemy. You will be looking at Asuran technologies as well and fuse the Hylek and Asuran technologies in the final collection. The footfall colors change between red and blue.
- Twice Told Legend achievement is only obtainable with set 1 legendaries and not obtainable with set 2 legendaries. They are working on a way for people to unlock a recipe to craft a naked legendary that allow you to select stats.
- Staff – Nevermore. Someone in Arenanet loved the staff so much they set it as a test item and it showed up on some builds. The story behind is taking a spirit and Raven and melding them together. In the beginning you have to prove you a friend of nature and protect it around the world. In collection 3 you are chasing down this raven spirit around the world by creating spyclass that allow you to see the raven around the world. In collection 4 are taming your spirit, showing it your power and showing it how things from the mist can live in the corporal world. You are also getting a raven egg, bless it and treating it. Once the raven hatches you teach it how to fly and meld it with the spirit.
- Axe and Pistol legendaries were made because their artists were really motivated and wanted it in the game so they worked hard on it. The staff was a running gag of the most common rare drop Raven Staff in GW1
- No more underwater legendary weapons.
- Gift of Fortune/Gift of Exploration not being used in new legendaries. Gift of Exploration is for map completion in Central Tyria and not required for new legendaries which require only world complete in the new HoT zones. After HoT ships, we will be add a salvage table for Gift of Fortune so you can salvage the parts and get back all the components you can put in the new Mystic of Fortune.
Other Sneak peaks
- Tempest specialization shoulders
- Nevermore on necromancer with new HoT armor.
- Nightfury – New bat themed ascended shoulders for Halloween. You have to grind for it.
- Final collection items for Moot precursor. The previous screenshot showed had some placeholder icons that showed some expensive items that are not being used.
Action Camera Mode
- Action camera mode – you get a crosshair on your screen and can move around like in a third person shooter game. You aim at your target and your crosshair changes from a simple dot to a regular crosshair as you get closer to your target. You are using left click to hit your #1 skill now as you don’t use left click to move around anymore.
- New targeting circle under mobs letting you know which target you have locked in the action camera mode on that your skills will hit. Right mouse click will lock you to a target.
- Autotargeting in action camera mode will be based on mouseover. You can turn off autotargeting so it plays like Skyrim where it is more aimed. You can turn into first person mode to with autotargeting off and action camera for a more authentic Skyrim experience.
- Horizontal and Vertical offset are now available to shift the camera for a more third person shooter mode or over the top camera for better aiming.
- Ground targeted skills go where your cursor/crosshair goes. If you turn on instant ground targeting with action camera mode, you can basically hold down left mouse button and spam your autoattack without having to put down a ground target circle. This will help some classes like Engineer. Furthermore, there is a new option called snap ground target to current target that will help you land your necro staff wells for example. There is even a keybind that will toggle this option on and off so you can enable or disable this option without having to go to the options.
- There is another option called Allow Skill Retargeting in so you can use to change your targets in the middle of a channeled skill like Ranger’s Longbow Barrage.
- Arena in Gilded Hollow has better sightlines for GvG. It has a big flat open space. It also has markers on the floor that let you get an idea of how much space you are using. Lost Precipice arena is more of a Greco-Roman design with a gladiator arena feel. They are similar in size.
- Guild Halls can be upgraded to have nodes you can gather to get a chance for the materials required to craft the new guild hall weapons/armors.
- Gilded Hollow has a secret tunnel behind a waterfall with a sunken pirates ship you can enter. Past the ship are nook and crannies that you can decorate as your own private rooms etc.
- Lost Precipice has an airship that people can hang out in once the market has finished construction.