GW2 A Study in Gold Herta Tablets Achievements Guide
GW2 A Study in Gold achievement guide. This achievement wil give you another Bloodstone Dust consumer like Mawdrey.
- 1 General Info
- 2 Collecting Tablets
- 2.1 1. Westgate: Next to Sage Laural
- 2.2 2. Legacy Pillars: Southwest
- 2.3 3. Legacy Pillars: Southeast
- 2.4 4. Legacy Pillars: Northwest
- 2.5 5. Northgate: Where Water Flows Vertically
- 2.6 6. Eastgate: Where the Falls End and Nature Beings
- 2.7 7. Eastgate: A Great View of a Mighty Tree
- 2.8 8. Southgate: Tucked Away Southwest
- 2.9 9. Westgate: The Way Has Decayed Unless You Fly
- 2.10 10. Southgate: Entrance
- 2.11 11. Northgate: Entrance
- 2.12 12. Southgate: You’ll Only Be Able to Reach This from Very High Up
- 2.13 13. Luminate’s Throne: The Jungle Grows Even Up Here
- 2.14 14. Northgate: Where We Lay Our Masks to Rest
- 2.15 15. Trial Rooms: Heavy Foliage Hides This One
- 2.16 16. Trial Rooms: Glint’s Words Guide Us
- 2.17 17. Inner Chamber: One Day There Will Be Another
How to start
This is an Auric Basin achievement. To do this you must have unlocked Bouncing Mushrooms, Exalted Acceptance (Exalted Lore II) and complete Chapter 8 of Heart of Thorns story. Go to the west gate of Tarir and talk to Sage Laural. He is in a room to the left of the gate inside the city. He will give you an Auric Viewer item. You don’t actually use this item but having this item in your inventory will allow you to interact with the tablets.
Once you collected the 17 tablets listed below. You unlock the achievement Where Exalted Dare which give you the Herta item. All you need to do is going to Vinetooth Den which you can get by climbing the stairs next to Eastwatch Waypoint and just drop down to the den below.
Once you are in the den, look for Herta’s corpse and this will finish the achievement.
Herta consumes 250 Bloodstone Dust at once and only eat 250 per day. It will give you bag that contains some random item, 10 Lumps of Aurillium and 1 Pile of Exalted Dust. Lump of Aurillium is used for the currency in Auric Basin for purchases from the Exalted vendors but it is unknown what these Exalted Dust are used for.
1. Westgate: Next to Sage Laural
Basically a freebie and give you an idea of what the tablets look like.
2. Legacy Pillars: Southwest
Pretty easy, run from the southgate and take the descending path that lead you to these pillars surrounding the middle of the city.
3. Legacy Pillars: Southeast
There isn’t a path from south gate so just glide down from the south gate to reach it.
4. Legacy Pillars: Northwest
Same thing here, glide down from north gate.
5. Northgate: Where Water Flows Vertically
From the northgate, glide down to the east and you will find a couple ledges behind the waterfall. The tablet is on the second ledge (the first one breaks you out of the map or something).
6. Eastgate: Where the Falls End and Nature Beings
From the Forgotten City waypoint, start heading towards east gate. The tablet is a at bottom of the waterfall that turns into a water stream. You can just basically run up the stream.
7. Eastgate: A Great View of a Mighty Tree
Start out from the east gate and glide down. You want to land on the circular arch thngie to recharge your endurance to wall and then land on the sloped wall to your left. Past the sloped wall is a ledge where the tablet can be found.
8. Southgate: Tucked Away Southwest
From the south gate, go down the stairs to the west and keep going down until you find a hidden opening in the walls.
9. Westgate: The Way Has Decayed Unless You Fly
From the west gate, take the stairs down the left and at the bottom of the stairs there is a ledge you can drop down to another ledge below. From that bottom ledge, start gliding to your right and you will find another ledge beneath the giant arch.
10. Southgate: Entrance
It is located at the entrance, not much to say. Go from the southwatch waypoint for a faster route.
11. Northgate: Entrance
It is located at the entrance, not much to say.
12. Southgate: You’ll Only Be Able to Reach This from Very High Up
From the westgate, go down the stairs to your right and jump on the bouncing mushrooms in that giant hallway. This will take you up to Luminates’s Throne.
Jump out from the throne room and go south. You want to land on a ledge on the wall that has just enough space for you to stand on.
Recharge your gliding endurance and from this ledge glide to the next tower, then two more towers. On the final tower, you want to stand on the left most position and log out and then log back in. This will move you to the ledge where the tablet is. You don’t need to do this if you have the Lean Techniques Mastery as you can make it to the ledge where the tablet is.
13. Luminate’s Throne: The Jungle Grows Even Up Here
Go up the same route as the previous tablet but this time don’t go all the way up the stairs in Luminate’s Throne. Instead, take a left after the first set of stairs and you will find hidden space blocked by some vines where this tablet is.
14. Northgate: Where We Lay Our Masks to Rest
Head to the Northgate from middle of the city but take a left when you are at the portal that take you to the gate. This tablet is inside the area for the Fallen Masks adventure which is only active when the city isn’t being attacked by Mordrem and you need Exalted Acceptance (Exalted Lore II) to enter.
You will find it at north end of the adventure area at the top which you can reach via a bouncing mushroom.
15. Trial Rooms: Heavy Foliage Hides This One
Only obtainable after Octavine meta event completion. You don’t need to successfully complete it (i.e. your map can fail the Octavine event) but your map may need to be at tier 2 or above for the door to open this far. The doors only open for 5 mins after the Octavine event finishes so you want to get there ASAP.
16. Trial Rooms: Glint’s Words Guide Us
Drop down in the hole and go to the side room that has the portal for the inner chamber.
17. Inner Chamber: One Day There Will Be Another
You need to have completed Chapter 8 of the Heart of Thorns story (Act II). Go through the portal to the Inner Chamber at the room for the previous tablet which is only useable if you have completed Chapter 8. The tablet is on the ground level at the SE part of the inner chamber.