GW2 Guild Chat Enhanced Squad UI Livestream Notes
Some Enhanced Squad UI information from the latest guild chat livestream. This feature will be live on Tuesday, Nov 17.
Enhanced Squad UI
- Need a commander tag to access the full functionality of the squad UI. You can still form a 10 player squad UI without a commander tag for spirit vale but you can only invite and not have others join your squad. The squad UI also resizes but show less information as it gets smaller.
- Squad have a max size limit of 50, and you can form a max of 15 subgroups. Commanders can drag players into various subgroups but you can also move yourself (unless subgroups are locked).
- Squads can be turned into a full squad (50 player for WvW/open world) or raid squad (10 players only). You must be in a raid squad to enter Spirit Vale.
- Squads have options to be open (anyone can join without approval), closed (your join request need to be approved), and invite only.
- Commanders can broadcast to the entire squad, of specific sub-groups. Broadcast messages will appear in chat and also on player’s screens.
- There is also a ready check feature and option to appoint someone else the leader of the squad by right clicking their name. If the commander leaves, the squad is not disbanded but instead turns into a leaderless squad and someone else can take over.
- Players can talk to the entire squad or only within specific subgroups. Commanders are unable to see the specific subgroup chat unless they join that subgroup.
- Boons and conditions are not shown on the squad UI. However, you can toggle into a subgroup mode where you see only your subgroup and conditions/boons are displayed. This subgroup mode is limited to show only 10 player names to avoid screen clutter.
- Boons have the highest priority within your subgroup, then your squad and then other players outside your squad and finally your minions/pets and other player’s minions/pets.