GW2 Guild Chat Wintersday Preview Livestream Notes.
Next Update on Tuesday
- Adjustment to fractal rewards
- Stronghold PvP mode coming back
- Only in Divinity’s Reach Crown Pavilion area this year. F2P players can only access it if they are level 10+. Everything looks pretty much identical to last year’s event.
- There are trees around Crown Pavillion you can collect Wintersday Gifts daily and Snowman you can build for daily achievements. Ho-ho-ho is back as well and still accept donations.
- This year you can buy those old weapon skins (princess wand etc) and wrap them up via the vendor to give them to orphans in exchange for karma. You can earn a lot of karma in Wintersday. Wrappings cost around 500 karma and give 1500 karma back when you give the wrapped gifts to orphan
- Tixx’s Infinirarium (5 man instance) is back along with Bell Choir, Snowball Mayhem, Winter Wonderland jumping puzzle etc. In Snowball Mayhem Revenants have their own unique skill like other classes. It is Vengeful Snowballs.
- Orphan’s letter that will give you the Star of Gratitude and Christmas tree node will be coming back as well. So you can get it if you missed it last year.
New Wintersday Items/Updates
- Three new skritt minis, new recipes, new candies and booze can be found in the Wintersday Gifts. Old Gifts will convert to the new gifts with all the new stuff
- Winter’s Wreath Backpack will be updated to have lights that blink now with the Wintersday update.
- You can buy a blueprint for Wintersday Presence ingame for a 3 gold and a bunch of karma. It is a bit like Nightfury and give you a snowing effect on your character as a shoulders item. You will need to beat the Wintersday activities (like every third time you beat the activity you will get a piece for the collection) and put certain sigils and other things in the mystic forge. The effect like Nightfury, does not work with outfits.
- New scribe Wintersday decoration recipes added, starts at L75. There are snowmaker, snowpiles, snowlamps, ice sculptures and wreaths.