GW2 Guild Chat Winter 2016 Update preview livestream notes. This livestream will go over the things we can expect with Jan 26 patch.
Things Arenanet is working on
- Deposit/compact bags button too close. Anet realized this was an issue when a streamer complained about it. They are working on a solution. Not coming next Tuesday but coming soon (still need to test it).
- Guild decoration costs/scribing costs too expensive. Working to reduce it. Not coming Tuesday either since it is a big change.
Gliding in Tyria
- No gliding in PvP. That is not happening but you can glide in Heart of the Mists. WvW is also out (they wanted to keep it an equal opportunity zone for players without HoT) . Some jumping puzzles are also blocked off but they are not too worried about them since mesmer portal tricks exist. Story instances and dungeons are also not glideable (tend to break events since there are “trip wires” on the ground to trigger events).
- They wanted to ship client side glider deployment with HoT but it wasn’t ready at the moment. Didn’t realize at the time how big an issue lag was affecting gliding.
- Gliding while at top of the mushroom jump is no longer possible due to this client side fix but they are looking to fix fights where this was needed.
- Gliding: Team did look into gliding. Be cool you can glide so you can have bombing runs and flak cannons. It sounded super amazing but right now we need to focus on core issues in WvW. Gliding causes a fundamental shift in WvW gameplay and we don’t want to do that right now. We have lots on our plate right now.
- Team has been busy doing bug fixes and balances to WvW.
- Autoupgrades: Players felt they lost of play due to this since upgrades were building automatically and dolyaks only speed it up. We are getting rid of automatic component of that. Players can now stop upgrading by killing the dolyak caravans.
- Points: Players who are more into skirmishing are not getting points. They need to be rewarded for their contribution. They will get points for kills and stomps equally. In a 3 way fight, both teams who tagged the player will get points.
- Rally cap reduced from 5 to 1. It will be the closest person to you. You can no longer rez players who have been defeated (dead) if you are in combat.
- Reducing the supply cost required to build all type of catapults. Reducing the supply across the board by 10.
- Items sold by Heroic Notary vendor no longer requires Badges of Honor. It was sucking Badges out too fast. We want you to gain skill points without wasting badges.
- Bugfixes: Walls in EB will no longer enter a state where they cannot be damaged. There will no longer be flicking/phantom walls in desert borderlands. Making an adjustment to Desert Oasis event. Reducing the amount of power cores you need from 20 to 12.
- Doing some work to reduce the lag.
- Airship defense damage reduced by 33%. It felt a little too powerful.
- Guild Banners – Defiance bar regeneration reduced. Refill time taken down from 15s to 3s so there is less CC immunity during the refill time. Not allowing profession skills like Mesmer’s Continium Shift to affect them. Lots of nerfs to their skills.
- Turtle Banner
- Shell Shock radius reduced from 360 to 300.
- Shelter duration reduced from 8s to 6s. Max targets reduced from 20 to 10.
- Saved by the Shell duration reduced from 4s to 3s.
- Shellwall duration reduced from 10s to 8s.
- Bombshell protection/stability duration reduced from 20s to 15s. Radius reduced from 600 to 450.
- Dragon Banner
- Dragon’s Might on Dragon banner had a bug where it hit a player twice when they stand across the regions.
- Dragon’s Blast – damage reduced by 40%.
- Dragon’s Wings will no longer do damage
- Dragon’s Breath duration reduced from 15s to 10s. Damage reduced by 40%. Distance reduced from 2000 to 1800.
- Stampede of Arrow – damage reduced by 20%.
- Spiked Barricade: Duration reduced from 20s to 10s. Immobilize duration reduced from 5s to 3s. You can now use the skill while moving.
Enhanced Squad UI
- Lieutenant: Commander are micromanaging too much. Lieutenants have special icons and can also place markers like the commander. New chat filter for markers. Lieutenants can kick players from squad but can also be demoted by the commander.
- 8 different markers are available. Markers have a 2000 unit range. Markers designed with color blind people in mind. You can place markers on objects as well, like yourself. Markers can be placed with keybinds.
- Added an option to show all commander tags.
Tybalt Stronghold Champion
- After Tybalt died, we brought him in and took care of him. We fed him and clothed him in armor made from Orrian skins. He became an apple farmer until we called him in to repay the favor.
- Tybalt is the first ranged Mist champion and has some skills
- Warcry when you summon him: Drop apples on his allies. You will clear conditions and gain some resistance when you pick up these apples.
- Pulse resistance and drop apples around him as a passive ability. If you want Tybalt to get resistance himself, stand next to him so he drops apples on himself.
- Lord room skill: Drop bad apples on enemy heads. Stunning enemies and poison them over time. 900 range and 60s CD.
- To unlock him, you will need to unlock the reward track for him you can unlock for 15g. There is also a bonus reward track that give you a Mini Tybalt in a steampunk outfit.