GW2 The Shatterer Achievements Guide
A guide to the new Shatterer achievements introduced with Jan 26 update.
The Shatterer spawns north of Lowland Burns Waypoint in Blazeridge Steppes ([&BE4DAAA=]). He is on a 3 hr cycle, spawning every 3 hrs. Use the boss timer page to see when he spawns in your time.
Meta Achievement: The Shatter – 25 AP
- You will need to complete 10 out of the 11 possible achievements. Completing this meta achievement grant you the Branded Backpiece. Most of the achievements are fairly easy to do except for the No-Fly Zone which require to break the Shatterer’s breakbar 20 times. You can complete most achievements with 10 Shatterer kills.
- Achievements can be found under General –> The Shatterer
Burns Blunder – 10 AP
- Stand in the wrong place when the Shatterer lands. Basically you need to stand in where Shatterer will land and get crushed to death. You can simply use the nearby waypoint to get back.Use the map below to guide yourself to the correct location and get to it before the Shatterer lands.
Shattering Setup – 3 AP
- You need to use the mortar, turret and jumping pad at least once during the fight to complete this achievement. Jump pad is the easiest but you will need to find unnammed mortar/turrets. There are only 3 turrets and they are not useable until the Shatterer lands. Mortars can be controlled before the Shatterer lands so get there early if you want the achievement.
Crystal Healing Denier – 6 AP
- Destroy 20 Pulsating Crystal Nodes during the Shatterer battle. These crystal nodes spawn to heal the Shatterer. You will see a text on your screen and these crystals are fairly large so it is hard to miss. They take almost no damage until you break their breakbar but once the bar is broken they go down almost instantaneously so make sure to tag them.
- About 4 Crystals spawn at once and they may spawn 2-3 times per fight so you should get this achievment done quickly if you tag them.
Lightning Reflex – 10 AP
- Dodge the Shatterer’s Focused Lightning Attack 40 times while gliding. It is ideal if you have stealth gliding for this. Use the jump pad to shoot up and glide towards the Shatterer. When you see a crosshair on you, dodge immediately to enter stealth gliding. If you do it successfully, you will stay in the air.Otherwise you will get knocked to the ground and possibly die.
- If you don’t have stealth gliding, just stop gliding when you see the mark on your head and fall on the ground until the mark disappears. Remember to redeploy your glider before you hit the ground.
Medic! – 10 AP
- Provide 50 med kits to your allies using the mortars or the glider bomber kit. Both glider and mortars drop a med kit if you use the #2 skill.
Shattering Evasion – 5 AP
- Defeat the Shatterer without ever being imprisoned in a crystal. This is fairly easy to do if you don’t get too close to the Shatterer. I don’t believe there is a tell before the crystals imprison you. You just get knocked down right before it. You just need to do defeat the Shatterer once without being imprisoned.
Crystal Clear – 10 AP
- Break 40 people out of crystal prisons created by the Shatterer. This can be a bit hard to get sometimes as the crystals have low HP and they die quickly. Make sure you are in melee range and have a ranged weapon you can tag the crystals when other players get imprisoned. The best way is of course getting imprisoned yourself.
Branded Bane – 10 AP
- Kill 500 Branded during the Shatterer Battle. Pretty straightforward, just make sure you tag all the branded mobs that spawn.
No-Fly Zone – 6 AP
- Break the Shatterer’s defiance bar 20 times, preventing its Shard Storm attack. This can be a bit difficult depending on how organized your map is. Shatterer has a rather tiny breakbar beneath his HP bar. There isn’t a very clear tell when his breakbar is up so you will need to keep an eye on his HP bar and call people to break it. If you want to get organized, make sure the players on your map all equip crowd control skills and yell out when the breakbar is up.
Smash the Dragon – 5 AP
- Complete the fight once without the Shatter ever taking off and using Shard Storm. You need to make sure that Shatterer’s breakbars are all broken for the entire fight.
Bash the Dragon – 10 AP
- Kill the Shatterer 10 times.