SWTOR Weapon Tunings Guide
A guide to Weapon Tunings with a list of weapons that have the Tuning Slot.
What are Weapon Tunings
Weapon Tunings are a new moddable slot found on certain weapons. Unlike other type of mods, Weapon Tunings offer no stats and is purely cosmetic.Weapon Tuning can be only found on certain mainhands and offhands with visible appearance (i.e. no vibroknifes, shield generators etc).
- Weapon Tunings cannot be unlocked in collections. If you dual wield and want it on both weapons you will need to acquire two of them.
- Much like everything else, they bound once they are used but you can transfer to alts using Legacy weapons (Bounty Broker, Outbreak, Nico’s Blasters, Odessen weapons).
What Weapons have Tuning Slots?
- All cartel market weapons (from packs or direct purchase) with some rare exceptions (Like Carthar Warstaff)
- All cartel market reputation weapons
- Attuned weapons from Chapter 12 rewards
- Outbreak weapons from THORN event
- Bounty Broker weapons from the event
- Gree weapons from the event
- Cynosure/Exemplar weapons from PvP Vendor (Rating 204/208)
- Level 50 PvP/Operation weapons
- Defiant/Exarch/Ultimate Exarch weapons purchased with tokens.
- Odessen weapons from Item Modification quest in Chapter 9/Odessen.
- HK-55 Sniper Rifle/Blaster Pistol (Vibrosword doesn’t have it)
- Nico’s Blaster
Sadly it seems the Chevin weapons do not have them and ranked PvP rewards from previous seasons does not have them.
Lightning Weapon Tuning
Introduced in Patch 4.4 as a rare drop from the Plunder Packs. This Weapon Tuning adds a Lightning effect to your weapons.
Damaged Weapon Tuning
Introduced in Patch 4.5 as a rare drop from Revenge packs. This Weapon Tuning adds a damaged effect to your weapons.
GEMINI Weapon Tuning
Introduced in Patch 4.6 as a rare drop from GEMINI packs. This Weapon Tuning adds a Gree effect with some eerie some effect
Dark-Attuned Weapon Tuning
Introduced in Patch 4.6 as a rare drop from Dark vs Light packs. Adds a reddish flame effect.
Light-Attuned Weapon Tuning
Introduced in Patch 4.6 as a rare drop from Dark vs Light packs. Adds a blueish flame effect.
Overcharged Weapon Tuning
Introduced in Patch 4.7 as a rare drop from Battler packs.