GW2 Bandit Bounties Events Part 2 Guide
A guide to the Bandit events added as part of the Current Events achievement on June 14, 2016 patch.
If you havn’t done the Bandit Bounty events Part 1 introduced a month ago, you should do that as this set of events continues from the first. Regardless, I don’t believe it is required to complete the Part 1 achievements to continue with Part 2 achievements but you won’t get the mail that contains the item to spawn the Bandit Executioner and won’t get the achievement for it.
The new achievements introduced in this patch involve you taking down 5 new bandit bounties, killing an executioner that spawns after the bounty event, and taking down posters.
If you done the prior bandit bounty events, you should get a mail when you login today, which enclose it a Bandit Death mark token. Carrying this will cause the Bandit Executioner to spawn and trap you (and anyone else with the Dearth Mark) inside a bauble once you kill any of the Bandit Bounties.
There are three hidden achievements for this round of events. As usual, they can be found under General –> Current Events. These achievements will not show up until you do them.
Stay of Execution – 10 AP
Fast achievement worth 10 AP points and rewards you with the Bandit Death Mark exotic accessory which you can select stats.
All you need to do is kill the Legendary Bandit Executioner that spawns and traps you in after you killed a Bandit Bounty target. The Executioner only spawns if you have the Bandit Death Mark item in your inventory from the mail but other players can spawn it if they have the item. You will only get the achievement if you have the Death Mark item in your inventory.
- If you deleted the Bandit Death Mark item from the mail you might be to get it from the bandit bags that drops off bandit mobs
The bauble around the Executioner is to prevent you from entering or leave it but you bypass this by using blink/mesmer portals. Alternatively, you can simply damage him at ranged from outside the bauble as well.
Long Arm of the Light II – 10 AP
You will need to kill 5 new Bounty targets introduced with this patch. Much like the bandit bounty targets from Part I, they all have a ~10 minute respawn timer.
Lenner the Eagle-Eyed – Gendarran Fields
- SW of Talajian Waypoint [&BIwBAAA=]
Temvay the Arrogant – Kessex Hills
- NE of Viathan Waypoint [&BBAAAAA=]
Varre the Underhanded – Kessex Hills
- South of Delanian Waypoint [&BAgAAAA=]
Ulssen the Anvil – Harathi Hinterlands
- West of Arcallion Waypoint [&BMMAAAA=]
Ezal the Quick – Harathi Hinterlands
- SE of Wynchona Rally Point Waypoint [&BKgAAAA=]
Informed Politics – 11 AP
There are 20 Posted Messages you need to interact with for this achievement. This achievement rewards you with 1x Unidentified Dye, 1x Sheet of Smooth Paper, and 3x Sheets of Coarse Paper.
1. Divinity’s Reach: Western Commons
2. Divinity’s Reach: Eastern Commons
3. Divinity’s Reach: Rurikton
4. Divinity’s Reach: Ossan Quarter
5. Divinity’s Reach: Lyssa High Road
- Go from Palace Waypoint
6. Divinity Reach; Salma District (Home)
7. Queensdale: Shire of Beetletun
8. Queensdale: Shire of Beetletun
9. Queensdale: Shire of Beetletun
10. Queensdale: Village of Shaemoor
11. Queensdale: Township of Claypool
12. Kessex Hills: Triskellion Vale
13. Kessex Hills: Viathan’s Arm
14. Kessex Hills: Wizard’s Fief
15. Kessex Hills: Darkwound Defile
16. Gendarran Fields: Ascalon Settlement
17. Gendarran Fields: Ascalon Settlement
18. Gendarran Fields: Nebo Terrace
19. Gendarran Fields: Cornucopian Fields
20. Harathi Hintelands: Arca Lake