A guide to the Ley-Line Anomaly current event added with June 28 patch.
If you have completed the previous episodes, you should have gotten a mail from Ela Makkay, talking to her will give you the Ley Line Researched achievement and a Ley-Infused Lodestone.
Double Clicking on the Ley-Infused Lodestone will tell you on which map the next event will be (Gendarran Fields –> Timberline Falls –> Iron Marches)
- Gendarran Fields
- Timberline Falls
- Iron Marches
You can buy more Ley-Infused Lodestone from her in exchange for Pile of Putrid Essence, Corrupted Lodestone, Crystal Lodestone, Destroyer Lodestone, and Mordrem Lodestone at a 1:1 ratio.
This event has a 2 hr respawn time and occurs 20 minutes past the hour. It will rotate maps so it will occur in the same map every 6 hrs. For EST it is every even hour, for PST it is every odd hour. For UTC it is every even hour.
- Gendarran Fields –> Timberline Falls –> Iron Marches –> Repeat
After the timer, a big Legendary Ley-Line Anomaly will spawn in one of the three maps indicated by your Ley-Infused Lodestone. It will star running with a breakbar. Until you break that breakbar, it is invulnerable and will not stop.
Coalescences will spawn elsewhere in the map along the path that the Ley-Line Anomaly will run. They appear as crossed swords on the map and must be killed before the Legendary Ley-Line Anomaly reaches it if you want that achievement.
- A separate group must be formed to hunt down these Coalescences as they spawn. They spawn whenever the Anomaly starts running.
Once you break that breakbar, it will stop and anomaly fragments will spawn around it. Stop them from reaching and powering up the legendary anomaly by killing them. You have a minute of this and then the Anomaly becomes vulnerable, allowing you to damage 25% of his HP before the Anomaly becomes invulnerable again and start running. Repeat this 4 times to kill it.
This event rewards 1 Mystic Coins and some other loots (rare, junk that sells for 50s) once per day, so it is worth doing them daily if you need the Mystic Coins.
I am being told that there are multiple spawn locations & paths, so these spawn locations/paths may not be the same for your map.
- Ley Line Anomaly spawns east of Povern Shore waypoint – [&BOQAAAA=]
- Ley Line Anomaly spawns at Valance Tutory Waypoint- [&BEwCAAA=]
- Ley Line Anomaly spawns west of Gentle River Waypoint – [&BFACAAA=]
- Ley Line Anomaly spawns at Hellion Waypoint- [&BOYBAAA=]
Ley Line Researched – 1 AP, 5000 Karma
- Granted automatically when you talk to Ela Makkay
Anomaly Sighted – 1 AP
Granted automatically when you do the Ley-Line Anomaly event.
Dispersed Anomaly – 25 AP
Basically don’t let the Ley-Line Anomaly absorb any of the coalescences when you have broken its breakbar. The coalescence spawn elsewhere in the map and you just need a group that find them and kill them before the Legendary Anomaly reaches it to get the achievement. They appear as crossed swords icon on the map.
Anomalous Results – 10 AP, 500 Luck
Disperse 10 Ley-Line Anomalies (i.e. do the event 10 times)
Anomalies of the World – 5 AP, 3 Teleport to Friend
Do the anomaly event in all 3 zones.
New Achievements for Old Events
They have added 6 new achievements for some old events at Blazeridge Steppes and new events in Mount Maelstrom and Snowden Drifts. You cannot advance on achievements for both Consortium and Priority at the same time if they are at the same location since you now get a buff declaring which supporter you are.
- When doing these events with few players, it is very important to cull the population of Inquest golems and place less emphasis on dropping the ley energy into the collectors. The NPCs themselves will retrieve the ley energy if you can keep the Inquest at bay.
Flinnz’s Retirement – 3 AP, 25 silver
- Stop the Inquest from capturing the ley-line-coalesences in Blazeridge Steppes 3 times by helping the Consortium. Need to turn in at least 1 ley-line energy to the Consortium collector.
- Flinnz’s event starts every 15 minutes at The Last Whiskey Bar Waypoint- [&BPkBAAA=]
Keadin’s Study – 3 AP, 2500 karma
- Stop the Inquest from capturing the ley-line-coalesences in Blazeridge Steppes 3 times by helping the Priory. Need to turn in at least 1 ley-line energy to the Priory collector.
- Keadin’s event starts every 15 minutes at Refuge Sanctum Waypoint – [&BAUCAAA=]
Garen’s Defense – 3 AP, 2500 karma
- The Mount Maelstrom events are new but they function identical to the Blazeridge Steppes ones. Need to turn in at least 1 ley-line energy to the Priory collector for this achievement.
- Garen will start off from his camp SE of Ashen Waypoint – [&BM4CAAA=] every 15 minutes.
Loonaloo’s Paycheck – 3 AP, 25 silver
- Need to turn in at least 1 ley-line energy to the Consortium collector for this achievement.
- Loonaloo will start off from his camp SW of Murkvale Waypoint – [&BMcCAAA=] every 15 mins
Shana’s Ambition – 3 AP, 25 Silver
- Snowden Drift events function identical to Blazeridge/Mount Maelstrom events. Need to turn in at least 1 ley-line energy to the Consortium collector for this achievement.
- Shana will start from her camp south of Lornar’s Waypoint – [&BLQAAAA=]
Fiona’s Stockpile – 3 AP, 2500 Karma
- Need to turn in at least 1 ley-line energy to the Priory collector for this achievement.
- Fiona will start from her camp right next to Scholar’s Clef Waypoint – [&BLcAAAA=]