SWTOR July Producer’s Livestream Coverage
SWTOR July Producer’s Livestream coverage and notes.
- State of the Galaxy
- Chapter 15
- Subscriber Rewards
- Star Wars Celebration
- Dark vs Light event
- Chapter 16: Battle of Odessen
State of the Galaxy
- GEMINI pack introduced to CM – Price went up to pre-KoTFE prices since we increased the item count in this pack.
- Recruitment Mission: Guss Tuno delayed due to bug – if lots of people do the mission it won’t work. Hoping to get it back in as soon as possible (no date given)
- Heroic mission credits nerfed. The idea was to bring heroic mission reward inline with rest of the game. Left out of the patch notes 100% by mistake. Going to rollback the changes with Chapter 16. If we do decide in the future to make an adjustment like that we will notify you in advance.
- Story Companions – With Fallen Empire we wanted the story to really have teeth and you can lose companions. We are looking for a way to resolve this by adding a terminal that allow you to call back any companion you lost through the KOTFE storyline hopefully by Chapter 16 (except for Darth Marr/HK-55).
- Group Content – We are currently working on group content – won’t say it is operation, flashpoint or warzone. We are definitely working on group content, able to talk it in the next few months.
- Dark vs Light event – Discuss more below.
Chapter 15 – GEMINI Deception
- Lead a daring assault on one of Arcann’s warships in a bid to seize control of the entire Eternal Fleet
- Lots of cool gameplay stuff we added in this chapter
- Unholy Alliance – Revenge of the Musco Charity event
- SWTOR Crafter
- Newoverlords.com – DvL event tracker
- Subscribe by July 1 to get HK-55 Victory Stronghold Decoration and Early Access to Chapter 16.
Star Wars Celebration
- July 15-17
- Biggest gaming presence in Celebration history
- EA Star Wars Booth – Show Floor
- EA Star Wars Panel – Sat July 16 from 7-8 pm GMT. Will be livestreamed. Will be making some announcements here, you will want to tune in.
- SWTOR Cantina – Sat July 16 from 8-11 PM at the Fox Excel
Dark vs Light Event
- Companions: Light side companion is Master Ranos from Jedi Order. Doesn’t always follow orders, like to walk the earth and check in with the people. Follow the will of the force. Sort of like a nomad/wanderer. Darth Hexid is the dark side companion – Sithest of the Sith, want to eliminate Zakuul.
- Currently you can only get one of the companions, depending on which side wins.
- What is the goal with the event? What are you doing for all the veteran players? We made a conscious effort to give more rewards out to our loyal fans in the past year– monthly subscriber rewards, Legendary status flair, and building a special bonus chapter for our loyal fans. The Dark vs Light event isn’t about that, it is about celebrating 5 years of SWTOR. We thought what if all the players go back and play all the content we released so far, we will give you some of the best rewards. It was awesome to see on a Tuesday afternoon 7 instances of Tython and players complaining about no monsters to kill.
- Rewards – The intent isn’t to reward players for things that they did in the past, but rather what they are doing currently. We are not going to retroactively grant any of the rewards.
- Character Slots – Increase character slots for people to unlock by 10. Hoping to get that out by Wednesday next week.
- Dark vs Light Pack bind rules – having them BoP is a problem. We would like to resolve it, it isn’t as simple as changing them to bind on legacy as they wouldn’t get unlock in collections or work with armor pieces you already have from previous packs. We are working on some way to address this. We acknowledge that it isn’t working the way we intended.
- Event Participation – Can’t share metrics but there are a lot of players participating. People love it and say how it feels just like launch.
- Eternal Championship requirement for the event can be done in a group.
- We are aware of some of the issues with the armor rewards for the dark vs light event, we are putting out a fix for next Wednesday.
- Any of the rewards you earn at end of the event will be account wide and mailed to every character on your account, no matter the server.
- Once you unlock the armor sets in tier 2, you are leveling the fastest the game has ever allowed with the post KOTFE leveling changes so they are not going to bring back 12XP bonus.
- You have to complete lower tiers before you can complete higher tiers but you can do some of the objectives of the higher tiers and get credit for them while working on higher tiers.
- We will give you plenty of notice for when the event ends, exact end date will be announced in about 2 months.
- There is a bug related to a few items in DvL packs causing them to not unlock in collections. This will be fixed next Wednesday.
- Early access coming July 26. This is the final chapter in the season.
- Face Arcann in deadly combat as he launches an all-out assault against the Alliance base on Odessen
- No plans to returning the Nar Shaddaa event in the near future but we know it is a popular event and looking to add it back
- Dark vs Light event may affect more than just the companions you get but we are still working on that and no promises.
June Producer Livestream Wrap-up (6/30) | 06.30.2016, 10:04 PM
We covered a lot in this livestream, here is the wrap-up if you weren’t able to tune in!
State of the Galaxy
- Cartel Market Update – You can read all about the changes that were made in the GEMINI Pack, here.
- Guss Tuno Recruitment – It is our goal to deliver this with Chapter XVI but we are still working through the issue.
- Heroic Missions – They were rewarding a lot of credits, it was definitely having an impact. Still, we realize that with this being missed in the patch notes and the overall timing of the change, we are going to be reverting the rewards back to their pre-4.6 values.
- Companions – Without being spoilery, we have received feedback regarding the impact of Companions leaving via story and the time/money that has been put into them. We are looking at how to solve this issue in the future.
- Group Content – We have stated before that right now, there is no new group content coming in the short term roadmap. However, we do want to let you know that the team is working on group content as we speak. It is our plan to reveal more details later this year. Just to set some expectations, this isn’t confirming any specific type of content (Ops, Wzs, FPs), but group content is in the works.
- Dark vs Light Event – Head down to the event section down below for details.
Chapter XV: The GEMINI Deception
- Now available to all subscribers!
- Lead a daring assault on one of Arcann’s warships in a bid to seize control of the entire Eternal Fleet!
- Uncover more of the secrets behind SCORPIO and the GEMINI droids.
Featured Community Contributors
- Unholy Alliance – Revenge of the Musco’s Charity Event
- NewOverlords DvL Event Tracker
STAR WARS: Celebration
- We will be on the show floor all three days at the EA Star Wars booth
- EA Star Wars Panel – Saturday, July 16th from 7-8PM GMT
- London Cantina – Saturday July 16th from 8-11PM at the Fox ExCel
Dark Vs Light Event
- Event Goals/Rewards – We have worked hard in the past year to try to offer rewards to veteran players and subscribers such as Legendary Status, monthly sub rewards, etc. This event is meant to be something different from that. As we are heading into our 5-year anniversary we really wanted to celebrate and offer new rewards to players for simply creating a new character and playing through the game. That is the overall focus of this event. We have no plans at this time to make rewards retroactive.
- Character slots – We know one of the issues that was raised are players who are at the current character slot maximum. With our maintenance next week we will be increasing the server maximum by 10.
- Dark Vs Light Pack bind rules – The reason we chose to go with BoP over BoL for these items is Collections. Currently, BoL items do not work towards a Collection unlock. If we had the items be BoL then you could not have combined the event packs with any other items to complete a Collection set. We agree this is not optimal and we are working on ways to solve this moving forward.
Chapter XVI: The Battle of Odessen
- Early Access on July 26th
- Face Arcann in deadly combat as he launches an all-out assault against the Alliance base on Odessen!