GW2 Living World Season 3 Starts July 26
Living World Season 3 will start on July 26 with new episodes released every 2-3 months after.
Here is a teaser for Living World Season 3.
According to the Massively article, here are the important bits.
- First episode is titled Out of the Shadows, to be released on July 26.
- Need to own Heart of Thorns and have a Level 80 character to participate
- Don’t need to have HoT story completed but it will pick up right where HoT left off.
- Episodes will be free and you can log on to “bank” these episodes for future even if you don’t have HoT purchased.
- Episodes will be paired with feature releases.
- New episodes to be released every 2-3 months after that.
For feature updates
- New Chaos Isles Fractal, featuring a new story arc that will parallel the main season 3 plot.
- Returning of the old Raid on the Capricon PvP map with all the underwater elements removed. Pirates will roam the map and seek revenge against players so players may need to unite to fight them off. New bell objective every 3 minutes that can be captured to gain points and capturing it multiple times give you bonus points.
More info from the official site.
Do I need to have completed the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion story to play Season 3?
Purchase of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ is required to access Season 3, but you don’t need to have completed the expansion story.
What level does my character need to be to play Season 3?
Season 3 Living World content is intended for level 80 characters. Every purchase ofGuild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns comes with a Level-80 Boost so you can immediately get one of your characters into the new season of Living World content. This item is delivered to you in a free Shared Inventory Slot, which is yours to keep even after you use the character boost.
How do I unlock the episodes?
Just as in Season 2, you can unlock each episode for free by logging in to Guild Wars 2 any time between the episode’s initial release and the release of the next episode. If you don’t ownGuild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, you can still log in to unlock the episode for free—it’ll be there waiting for you once you purchase the expansion!
What can I expect this season?
Living World Season 3 episodes will release every 2–3 months. We’ll bundle Living World episodes with the kind of content and updates we’ve been adding through our seasonal quarterly releases, but the frequency of releases may increase. Our goal is to deliver quality content on a sustainable cadence, so we can drive the story of Guild Wars 2 and open world gameplay forward while also supporting our other game modes.
You’ll find out everything we’ve got in store for you on July 26!
But I still haven’t played Season 2!
From now until the release of the first episode, you can pick up Living World Season 2 as a bundle for 40% off through the gem store! And if you don’t want to play through it alone, stay tuned for tomorrow’s streaming schedule—we’ll let you know which of our partners are planning to play through Season 2 so you can follow along.
Please join us on the Guild Wars 2 subreddit on July 26 to celebrate the release with the developers after the release goes live! If you have further questions about Living World Season 3, head over to the official Guild Wars 2 forums.