A guide to the Chalice of Tears Jumping Puzzle in Ember Bay.
- As of the 9/22 Hotfix, you must hit all checkpoints to be eligible for the achievement. Portaling to the end no longer works but you can portal to each checkpoint individually.
- Thermal Propulsion mastery is highly recommended to avoid the annoying Jade mobs along the way.
- You need to have Advanced Gliding for the last part of the jumping puzzle
- Bring a ranged weapon because you will need to kill lava elementals along the way.
- Do it on a mesmer for least headaches or be grouped with a mesmer
- There are checkpoints along the way, you will pop a blue aura when you get close to them to let you know you have reached them.
- Checkpoints are buggy and they will disappear if you swap maps, DC, or die outside the jumping puzzle instance. If that happens you will need to start all over.
Jumping Puzzle Guide
The original video features a harder/more annoying entrance so use this easier entrance for the jumping puzzle.
Here is rest of the video (skip to 1:55)