SWTOR Galactic Command Overview Livestream Notes
SWTOR Galactic Command overview livestream coverage and notes. This is a new mechanic that will be part of the next expansion.
- Dark vs Light Event Status and Timing
- The Knights of the Eternal Throne Announcement Recap
- Overview of Galactic Command System
- What is Command Rank?
- What are Command Crates?
- Current Subscriber Promotions
- The Eternal Throne Livestream and Blog plan
- Adding new group content to KOTET called Uprisings. Fast action combat for 4 players with 4 difficulty mode.
- More Uprising to be released after expansion in January.
- Will be doing more traditional group and repeatable content in between the big story drops, some of which likely to be 8 player content. More details in January producer livestream.
Dark vs Light Event
- DvL events on Nov 29, which is same day as KOTET early access.
- DvL companion selection ends on Nov 15.
- Light side is still winning.
- Double XP will also end on Nov 29.
- Shae Vizla Companion – Be a subscriber on October 25
- Rapid Recon Walker – Be a subscriber on Nov 27
- Early access – Be a subscriber from October 25 to Nov 27 to get early access on Nov 29.
KOTET Announcement Recap
- Five new levels
- Start at KOTFE (Level 60) or KOTET character token (Level 65) available
- New class abilities, 1-2 per class. A bunch of new utilities.
- Two new plants, One of them is completely new to the Star Wars universe. Has some secrets set up in the previous chapters. The other planet is new to SWTOR but not to Star Wars. Might have seen it recently without realizing it.
- Galactic Command
- Repeatable KOTFE and KOTET chapters with challenge levels.
- Access to Galactic Command is restricted to subscribers only.
- Confusing what to do after the first 9 chapters of KOTFE. It act as an interface to guide players on what to do. No good progression for veteran players either, gearing process is confusing.
- Any activity you do in the game contributes to the system. As you do more stuff you get more levels, and with more levels you get more power to influence the galaxy.
- Command Rank – Basically your rank in the Galactic Command system. Each time you rank up, you get a Command Crate. Command Rank is character specific, not legacy wide.
- Activities – You click on the activity you want to do. if it is solo content it will jump you straight in. If it is group content it wlll place you in a queue. Harder activities will earn you more points than easier activities. There is a daily bonus applied to an activity and you get bonus command points if you do this activity.
- Dark vs Light – All your activities contribute to this Dark vs Light system. Complicated system and they will do another livestream this Thursday to explain more how that works.
- Get Command Crates when you level up a rank, these crates have gear, vanity items, and crafting mats. Higher command rank will give you better gear. Harder content will give more command rank points than easier content. If you get items you don’t need, you can disintegrate them and get more command points towards the next command rank.
- Nothing to do with the Cartel Market
- Next livestream on Thursday October 20 to talk about rest of Galactic Command and Dark vs Light
- October 27 – Uprising
- Nov 3 – Class changes
- Nov 10 – Repeatable chapters/difficulty levels
- Nov 17 – New planets/story insights with Charles
- Nov 24 – KOTET wrap up and Q&A
- No server merges right now with all the players flooding back into the game. No plans for server merges this year, will see how it is next year to either server merge or character transfers.
- Footage at end of the video of the player walking around in a walker and using its abilities to kill enemies.