A guide to the GW2 Halloween Festival 2016 that began on October 18, 2016.
The entrance to these activities can all be found in Lion’s Arch. They are marked on the map as door. The exception is Mad King Says which occurs in Grand Piazza instead. Be sure to check out the vendors as well marked on the map with a candy corn icon.
- Mad King’s Clocktower – Not much has changed. You get 5 trick or treat bags for running it.If you are really good at jumping puzzles this might be a good option to farm Trick or Treat bags.
- Mad King’s Labyrinth – Basically where people go to farm for Trick or Treat Bags. It is a farming map where you go and follow a commander to run around killing mobs, close doors and carve pumpkins. Use the LFG to find a farming instance.
- Ascent to Madness – This dungeon is being farmed for the chance at Tattered Bat Wings which is used to make the Nightfuy Ascended shoulders. It is a 5 man dungeon and the end chest have a chance to drop the Wings so you can run it as many time as you want for a chance. Use ingame LFG tool to find a group.
- Mad King Says – Occurs every 2 hrs on the hour at Grand Piazza. Basically you do the emote that Mad King tells you to but only emote if it is followed by Mad King says as he will try to trick you. On every successful emote (or inactivity if he tries to trick you) you will get a stacking buff. Every 4 stacks of this buff you are eligible for a Mad King Chest Key fragment. You can only get 3 key fragments a day and you need 3 fragments to combine together to make a key. This means that you can only only open the chest at end of Mad King Says once a day and you must participate for a specific duration to get rewards. The chest also have a chance to drop Tattered Bat Wings and the Mini Spooky Moa.
New Weapon Skins
These drops from the Trick or Treat bags. Pretty cheap on the TP.
Grim Pact – Pistol
Jailbroken – Focus
Onus –Hammer (Unique Draw Sound)
These drop off the Trick or Treat bags and are account bound. Rare drop except for the raven that costs 120 Candy Corn Cobs
Mini Feline Familiar – [&AgEjNwEA]
Mini Thailog the Gargoyle – [&AgE4NwEA]
Mini Charles the Hellfire Skeleton – [&AgFENwEA]
Mini Oxideciomus the Shadow Raven – 120 Candy Corn Cob
Shadow Raven Tonic
Hellfire Skeleton Tonic
New Endless Tonic Recipe
This recipe is only for the Gargoyle, Shadow Raven and Hellfire Skeleton Tonics. The endless versions are account bound on acquire.
In the mystic forge place
- 2x 250 stacks of one tonic
- 10x Tattered Bat Wings (from Ascent to Madness or Mad King Says)
- 1x New Endless Halloween Enchantment (available for 1 Candy Corn Cob from the vendor)
Endless Ignited Wraith Tonic
Place the three endless tonics (Raven, Hellfire, and Gargoyle) along with a Endless Halloween Enchantment in the mystic forge to create this new tonic.
Video courtesy of that_shaman
New Infusions and Refractors
New infusion, very rare drop from the Trick or Treat bags.
Poly-Luminescent Undulating Refractor (Teal)
Make your character look teal, it is a gem you can slot on exotic accessories. New drop from Trick or Treat bags.
Unreleased Gemstore Items
Ghostly Outfit – [&CysAAAA=]
- Nightfury Shoulders – Ascended armor skin introduced last year. Very expensive to craft. Read the linked guide to see the process.
- Shackles of Madness (Gloves) – 6 Candy Corn Cobs. Gloves skin from 2015.
- Karka Helm Skin – Very rare drop from Trick or Treat bags
- Ghoul Backpack – 600 gems from Gemstore. Backpack skin from 2015.
- Old Outfits from gemstore – 700 gems (Mad King Only)
|Shackles of Madness||Karka Helm Skin||Ghoul Backpack|
Trick or Treat Bag weapon skins – these are all rare drops but can be brought on the TP as well.
- Nest (Scepter)
- Nightwing (Pistol)
- Pumpkin Smasher (Hammer)
- Vassago (Axe)
You can buy these old weapon skins from Halloween 2013 for 2 Black Lion Claim Tickets at the Black Lion Weapon Specialist vendor next to the Candy Corn Cob vendor in Lion’s Arch.
Minis from 2015
- Mini Husk-o-Lantern – 4 Candy Corn Cob
- Mini Spooky Moa – Rare drop from Mad King’s Chest from Mad King Says
- Mini Devil Dogs – Trick or Treat Bags
|Mini Husk-o-Lantern||Mini Spooky Moa||Mini Devil Dogs|
If you missed any of the old minis from before 2015, they are available on the candy corn vendors.
- Mini Candy Corn Elemental – 6 Candy Corn Cobs
- Mini Ghost Carlotta – 9 Candy Corn Cobs
- Mini Bloody Prince Thorn – 9 Candy Corn Cobs
- Mini Zuzu, Cat of Darkness – 18 Candy Corn Cobs
- Mini Gwynefyrdd – 110 Candy Corn Cobs
- Miniature Candy-Corn Ghoulemental – Trick or Treat Collections
A Sweet Friend – Meta achievement – 25 pts
- You have to do 8 out of the 9 achievements below to get this meta achievement which grant you 25 AP and Candy Corn Cob
Something Good to Eat – 2 pts
- Open 50 Trick or Treat Bags, probably the easiest achievement to do.
- Reward: 5 Trick or Treat Bags
A Royal Tradition– 3 pts
- Complete a round of Mad King Says, pretty easy to do as well.
- Reward: 3 Trick or Treat Bags
New Afterlife for Quaggan– 3 pts
- You need find Drooburt’s Ghost in Lion’s Arch. He is usually at Trader’s Forum but he can disappear sometimes. Just hand him 1000 Candy Corn for this achievement.
- Reward: Nan’s Candy Corn Cookie (5k karma)
Pumpkin Carving – 17 pts
- Find 150 Pumpkin all around Tyria and carve them. The pumpkins reset if you switch to a different map/characters and also reset daily so you can just do them in Lion’s Arch and Mad King’s Labyrinth. it is much better to do them in Mad King’s Labyrinth since it is faster and there are more of it in a smaller area.
- Mad King’s Labyrinth map taken from /u/Evio on reddit.. Lion’s Arch map from /u/Oonk_Golemancer on reddit. Other maps by reader Brutal Beauty 9542.
- Reward: 10 Trick or Treat Bags, Master Carver title
Shut the Doors – 5 pts
- Complete 50 door events in Mad King’s Labyrinth. Pretty simple to do if you spend enough time there.
- Reward: 5 Trick or Treat Bags
A Stomping Good Time – 3 pts
- Need to stomp 20 players with Scarecrow of Mad King finishers. You can get temporary ones from the Trick or Treat bags or buy permanent ones from the gemstore. You will need to do sPvP or WvW for this achievement.
- Reward: 10 Trick or Treat Bags
Mad King Labyrinth Boss achievements
The following 3 achievements are all associated with Mad King’s Labyrinth bosses. To locate these guys, look for doors inside the Labyrinth, they seem to spawn at specific locations.. These bosses spawn from the doors but they are on a timer so not all doors at that location will spawn them. These bosses are all group bosses and are not soloable.
- They give 2 Aps and 5 Trick or Treat bags each.
- Candy Corn Crusher – Defeat Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn. Use reflects/feedback when he throws out candy corns as these do a lot of damage to him.
- Death to the Undying – Defeat the Skeletal Lich
- Bonebreaker – Defeat the Labyrinthine Horror – this guy’s spawn is a bit random and he can really spawn anywhere. He can join the fight when you are fighting Viscount or Lich.