SWTOR Galactic Command Dark vs Light livestream coverage and notes.
- Community Topics
- DvL Overview
- The Rewards
- Stream/Blog Plan
Gearing in Galactic Command
- Our goal is to make gearing simple – too many currencies, too many vendors. We want to simplify it via the Command system.
- We were planning to do it by having gear drops based on advanced class but we have decided based on community feedback that we would do it based on your discipline instead. When you open a command crate it will now give you loot based on your current discipline.
- What happens if you kept getting belts? Remember you can pull the mods out and you can pull out the armorings out with the set bonus.
Rate of earning Command Crates
- The goal for a regular player getting a crate every hour, and maybe hour and half. In the beginning it will be faster, maybe half hour.
- If you are doing Nightmare ops you are getting them faster as well – maybe 2-3 crates per op.
- There is a weekly cap but it has nothing to do with slowing you down. It is solely there to catch and stop exploiting. We have set the cap so high that players wouldn’t hit it playing normally.
Galactic Command Dark vs Light
- Galactic Alignment is similar to your character’s light/dark bar but it is serverwide. When you do activities it will drive a serverwide Galactic Alignment.
- Participate in any activity in the game to earn Dark or Light side points.
- Earn bonus points when you participate in the highlighted activity in Galactic Command.
- Periodic updates on the progress of the war – every 15 minutes or half hour. You can see which side has won in that interval and it will tick towards that side.
- The battle ends when one side hits Dark 5 or Light 5. A victory state kicks in, it will last for an hour. Both sides will get some great stuff during this victory state. You will earn dark and light side tokens during this victory state.
- The war will be fast and frantic, win/lose streaks affect the on-going war.
- Your personal alignment vs the server’s alignment will determine if you are on the winning or the losing side. It is impossible to be truly neutral on your personal alignment
- Be ready as bosses will spawn around the galaxy when the war is won – 8 to 16 players to defeat them. Bosses will spawn randomly on multiple planets at a time.
- Players starting at level 1 can earn dark and light points to sway the balance of the force, they just won’t get any command crates or dark/light tokens until they reach level 70.
- For the reminder of this stream, Light side will be winning for war as an example.
Light side rewards (victory)
- Access to new rewards on the light side vendor on the fleet including exclusive mounts, pets, and more.
- Bonus to all command experience points earned. Play the the highlighted activity in Galactic Command for an even larger bonus.
- Earn light side tokens each time you gain a Command Rank (don’t need to have won the war, just need to be winning).
Dark side rewards (Defeat)
- Bonus to all dark side points gained. Play the highlighted activity in Galactic Command for an even larger alignment bonus
- Defeat Light side bosses around the Galaxy to earn Command Experience Points and Dark side tokens.
- Light side players can go out and stop Dark side players from fighting the bosses and stop them gaining command experience and dark side side tokens.
- October 27 – Uprising
- Nov 3 – Class changes
- Nov 10 – Repeatable chapters/difficulty levels
- Nov 17 – New planets/story insights with Charles
- Nov 24 – KOTET wrap up and Q&A (date will be changed to wednesday since 24th is US Thanksgiving).
- Crates/Command rank are character specific. All gear drops are bind on pick up but the other items are bind on equip so you can sell them.
- Only 9 chapters in KOTET and they will all come with the expansion launch.
- Commendations – we are still working on what they will convert to, hoping to have the info next week.
Galactic Command – Dark vs Light Question | 10.20.2016, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by DarthEnrique
I tried to ask this question during the livestream, btw I do want to thank you guys for answering my question about other player’s choices effecting my game, I was actually satisfied with that.
Now the question I have that I tried to get an answer to was what happens if your characters are already at light side alignment tier 5 or dark side alignment tier 5? When you are at the max you can’t get anymore light or dark sided points though you can still make dark or light sided choices. What happens with this? Do the points you make for making choices still count even though your toon is already at tier five of either or what’s the case?
Oh! Great question that we probably didn’t explain thoroughly enough. Coming with KOTET there will be a toggle on the UI that allows you to change whether you are fighting for the light or dark side. Once you click a side… any enemy you kill, any mission you complete, etc. will then earn you points for that side. If you are at Dark 5 and want to work your way towards light, simply click the light side toggle and play through the game.
Note that regardless of your toggle, choices made through conversation will still count as they would normally.
Hopefully that makes sense!