Black Desert Announces Server Merges on Nov 30
Black Desert Online will be having server merges for NA and EU servers starting on Nov 30.
We would like to announce a significant change that will come to Black Desert Online on November 30th.
We are thrilled to be able to introduce the “New World,” a crucial feature that will enable the authentic “one world” experience Black Desert Online has been pursuing.
The New World will unleash a new chapter in the world of Black Desert Online where all the players in the same region can experience the same world.
- One World, One Server
Players in different servers will now be living on the same server if they are in the same region. Experience the authentic open world where everyone in the same region will call home.
- Ever More Fierce Siege Wars
Now that everyone will break free from server boundaries, many reputable guilds can compete for nodes or territories. Expect creative strategies from enemies you have never met before.
- Revitalization of In-Game Economy
The economy system of Black Desert Online greatly benefits from an active interaction between combat and life contents. With the New World, a single Marketplace will cater a greater number of players, therefore housing an enormous collection of items registered by all the players in the region.
More changes are to come. Below you can find our FAQ about the New World:
1. How long will the entire process take?
The transition to the New World structure will take 1 week. During that week, we will be taking the actions below and have a maintenance to finalize the transition on November 30th.
- Sieges will be stopped on Nov. 26th.
- The transition will be complete on Nov. 30th.
- We recommend you have your workers complete all tasks prior to maintenance on Nov. 30th.
2. How many channels will the New World have?
Each region will have a World with 36 Channels. This means that the North American and European regions will remain as separate servers.
3. What will happen to players with warehouses across multiple servers?
All warehouses will be merged based on region. Even if the total number of items a player keeps in storage exceeds 192 slots (which is the maximum capacity), each of the items that exceed the limit will be merged into the same Town’s Warehouse. The items will show up in order of the time they were stored; the newest one first, and the oldest one last. As items are taken out of the warehouse, any items in the overflow slots will move into normal accessible slots.
You will not be able to put more items in your warehouse if it already has all available slots filled.
If you have expanded your warehouse on multiple servers and the combined slots would exceed 192 slots for a specific warehouse, you will be refunded the exact amount of pearls spent for those slots.
4. What happens to achievements for players with characters across multiple servers?
They all get merged. If a player has characters across multiple servers, they get merged into the one with the most achievements.
5. What happens to titles for players with characters across multiple servers?
They all get merged. If a player has characters across multiple servers with each having earned some titles, then they all get merged into the one that earned the most titles.
6. What happens to workers for players with characters across multiple servers?
They all get merged, the highest level on the top, and the lowest level on the bottom. However, if the number of workers you have exceeds the number of lodging you have, then the exceeding workers can only be checked out, and can’t be checked in. You can get the excess workers to work but cannot regenerate their stamina. If you expand your lodging, workers can be used as usual. If you have more workers than you need, you can sell them at Worker Exchange.
7. What happens to workers who have tasks when the merge happens?
We advise players to stop giving tasks to their workers at least five days prior to the merge. If a player ignores this and there’s a worker working at the time of the merge, the materials they were working for are exchanged for money based on the trading value at the Marketplace.
8. What happens to houses for players with characters across multiple servers? (ex: people who are first in housing for their city)
If a player has characters across multiple servers, the last server you log into before the maintenance on November 30th will be designated as your “main server”. You will keep the housing from this server (including nodes), and all the housing supplies from other servers are put back into the Warehouse of the area they originally belong to.
For the furniture bought with Pearls across multiple servers, players can contact Customer Support separately to exchange the extra furniture for Pearls.
9. What happens to nodes and regions, and will sieges be disabled during this process?
If a player has characters across multiple servers, the last server you log into before the maintenance on November 30th will be designated as your “main server”.The nodes in the main server are kept. The nodes from other servers are converted to Contribution Point EXP, and they are added to the main account’s Contribution Point EXP.
All regions will be liberated, and no sieges shall take place for at least one week prior to the merge.
10. What happens to pearls and loyalty for players with characters across multiple servers?
They all get merged.
11. What happens to pets for players with characters across multiple servers?
Your pet lists will be merged, and all pets will be available on the new server.
12. What happens to the friends list for players with characters across multiple servers?
Only the 50 newest friends are kept in the list (in the order of time they became friends), and the rest are removed from the list.
13. What happens to the chat block list for players with characters across multiple servers?
It will be reset.
14. What happens if a player ends up with too many characters after the merge?
If a player has more than 12 characters, characters are sorted from the highest level to the lowest level. The information for all characters is kept. However only the first 12 characters with the highest level are playable. If you delete one of the 12, the next highest level character in line will show up on the list. The characters not in the top 12 can only be deleted, and they will be automatically deleted after 90 days. All characters created before the merge will have a 10 minute delete confirmation time.
15. What happens to contribution for players with characters across multiple servers?
If a player has characters across multiple servers, the last server you log into before the maintenance on November 30th will be designated as your “main server”.The Contribution Points from the main server are kept, and the Contribution Points from the rest of the servers are converted into Contribution EXP, and get merged into the main server.
Just to be clear this means, if Server A has 10 Contribution, and Server B has 10 Contribution, they will not simply just be added up to become 20.
16. What happens to energy for players with characters across multiple servers?
Energy will be calculated based on a player’s knowledge and other factors. Energy is not merged into one per se, but when factors like knowledge get merged, then the Energy points will automatically be recalculated.
17. What happens to knowledge for players with characters across multiple servers?
They get merged. If there are instances of repeat Knowledge, then the one with the highest rank is applied.
18. What happens to node investments?
As mentioned above, we only keep the nodes and investment from the main server, and the nodes and investment in other servers are converted into Contribution EXP, and added onto the Contribution of the main server. Energy spent for investment will not be compensated.
19. What happens to horses for players with characters across multiple servers?
Your stables will get merged, and all horses will be available on the new server. However, per each region, any horse exceeding the maximum slots at the Stable can only be taken out, and can’t be checked in. If the player expands the Stable however, it can be checked in, and it will work as usual.
If you have too many horses, you can sell them at the Horse Market. When the number of your horses exceeds the maximum number of stable slots, you can’t check in new horses nor get foals from the Breeding Market.
20. What happens to the horse market for players with characters across multiple servers?
All horses registered at the horse market stay as they are. If you go over the maximum number of horses you can register, those horses that were already registered will stay registered, but you can’t register any more horses until you are no longer over the maximum amount.
21. What happens to Marketplace Items for players with characters across multiple servers?
All items registered at the Marketplace stay registered. Even if you have gone over the maximum limit for registration, they stay registered, but you can’t register more items until you are no longer over the maximum amount.
The maximum and minimum bids are subject to change so items not within the range will not show up. Removing and re-registering items will work as usual.
22. What happens to items I did not pick up from the mailbox yet?
All mailboxes will be merged, so your mails will still be there on the new server.
23. How will this affect guilds that own a guild house?
All guild houses will be reset before the merge.
24. How will guild ranking be affected during this kind of merge?
After the merge, guild ranking will be based on the guild information on the New World.
25. What happens to players with characters in more than one guild across multiple servers?
If a player is a member of guilds from both A and B servers, then the player will only stay as a member of the guild from the main server (the last server you log into before the maintenance on November 30th), and they will automatically withdraw from the guild from the other server.
If that player was the guild master of the server B guild which he withdrew from, then any member of that guild can self-designate himself as guild master on a first-come- first-serve- basis through the ingame functionality.
If a player’s departure leaves no member in the guild from server B, then the guild automatically dissolves.
26. Will this process interrupt our ability to utilize the current account coupon system?
There will be no interruption to the coupon system.
As always, we appreciate your support and hope you are as excited as we are to experience the new server setup.
-The BDO Team