SWTOR 5.0 Galactic Command Guide
A guide to the new Galactic Command System introduced in Patch 5.0. Work in progress, added locations of DvL World Bosses.
Intro to Galactic Command
Galactic Command is a new unified system introduced in Patch 5.0 that completely replaces all previous gearing and endgame rewards system. Instead of getting gear drops from doing operations and flashpoints, you will now gain equipment exclusively from the new Galactic Command system via RNG loot crates.
Galactic Command system is character specific and not legacy wide.It is only available to subscribers and only unlocks at Level 70. It has 300 Galactic Command Levels and they are divided into 3 tiers. Higher tiers give you better equipment with tier 3 giving you the best drops.
- Tier 1: Command Rank 1-90
- Tier 2: Command Rank 91 – 180
- Tier 3: Command Rank 181-300
Galactic Command Levels
Here are the amount of Command XP (CXP) required to reach each Command Level. You will see the biggest CXP difference between ranks in Tier 1. In Tier 2 and Tier 3 the increases are fairly small (10 CXP). In total it will take 1.23 mil CXP to reach Rank 300.
Once you are at Rank 300, the grind is not over. You will continue to get RNG loot crates everytime you earn 4990 CXP, you just won’t increase in rank beyond 300.
Galactic Command Interface
The New Galactic Command Interface can be found by pressing Ctrl + G. This is your gateway to all the endgame activities and you can also see your Command Ranks here. For group activities such as Uprising, Operations, and Flashpoints, you will be placed automatically into a group queue when you click on them.
Earning Command XP
You get Command XP from pretty much all game activities except for killing regular monsters. You get more CXP for doing things at higher difficulties. There is a highlighted activity each day where you can earn large amount of bonus CXP for doing that particular activity (i.e. operations, warzones, flashpoints, uprising, or story chapters)
- Daily highlighted activity bonus – 20% more CXP
- Victory State bonus – 15% more CXP
- Bonuses are multiplicative, so if you are doing the daily highlighted bonus activity in the victory state, you would get base *1.2*1.15
Weekly Cap (info taken from this thread by Theho)
- The weekly cap is 318,000 CXP.
- You will hit the cap in your first week by reaching 3429/4030 of your rank 100.
- You will hit the cap in your second week by reaching 4290/4520 of your rank 174
- You will hit the cap in your third week by reaching 120/4810 of your rank 243
- You will be able to hit the max command rank of 300 in your fourth week
Best way to earn Command XP
- Storymode Uprisings – If you stick to the short ones like Inferno/Fractured and go with a heavy DPS group (i.e. 3 DPS 1 healer or all DPS), you can complete them in 6-8 minutes for anywhere from 3000-4000 CXP/hr.
- Black Talon/Esseles Veteran solo – For Black Talon at least you can get a minimum of ~700 CXP per run (make sure you do the bonus boss) and it takes 13-14 minutes per run. If you save the CXP packs and open them with CXP boost and Victory State you can get a lot more.
- Ranked Arenas – Group queue is the best as it rewards the most (1000 CXP for win, 700 for loss) but solo will do as well. Warzones can be a good option too if ranked aren’t popping.
- Galactic Starfighter – Just as good as ranked arenas, if it pops.
- Elite Monsters – 1 CXP
- Champion Monsters – 20 CXP
- Story Chapter – 200 CXP
- Veteran Chapter – 350 CXP
- Regular Daily Quest – 20 CXP
- Daily Quest Completion for Black Hole/CZ-198/Oricon/Section X/Yavin IV/ Ziost – 450 CXP each. Make sure to use Galactic Command and select Planetary Missions.
- Regular Weekly Quest – 20 CXP
- Eternal Championship Weekly – 100/200/300 CXP
- Warzone Weekly – 300 CXP
- Solo Ranked Warzone Weekly – 350 CXP
- Group Ranked Warzone Weekly – 600 CXP
- Veteran Flashpoint Weekly – 200 CXP
- Master Flashpoint Weekly – 300 CXP
- Story Uprisings Weekly – 200 CXP
- Veteran Uprisings Weekly – 300 CXP
- Galactic Starfighter Weekly – 600 CXP
- Operation Weekly – 200 CXP for EV/KP, 400 CXP for all others
- Toborro’s Courtyard/Monolith Weekly – 100 CXP
- Weekly Personal Conquest – 600 CXP
- Regular Heroic Quest – 20 CXP
- Daily Heroic Mission 5x completion for each planet (except Starter Planets) – 450 CXP, Make sure to use Galactic Command and select Planetary Missions.
- Flashpoint Completion – 20 CXP
- Story – 100 CXP
- Veteran – 200 CXP
- Master – 300 CXP
- Story – 340 CXP
- Veteran – 680 CXP
- Storymode: Each boss drops a Very Small Operation CXP pack (300 CXP) except for the last boss which drops a small Operation CXP Pack (600 CXP)
- Veteran: Each boss drops a Small Operation CXP Pack (600 CXP) except for the last boss which drops a Medium Operaton CXP Pack (900 CXP)
- Master: Each boss drops a Medium Operation CXP pack (900 CXP) except for the last boss which drops a Large Bonus Operation CXP Pack (1200 CXP).
The amount of CXP you get depends on the medals you earn. The max cap for medals is 8 for warzones, ranked arenas and galactic starfighter. The CXP below assume you have max medals.
- Regular Warzones: 662 for Win, 530 CXP for Loss
- Ranked Arenas: 795 CXP for Win, 630 CXP for Loss for solo. ~1000 CXP for win, ~700 CXP for loss for group ranked.
- Galactic Starfighter: 400 CXP Base, +100 for win. 56 CXP per Medal (up to 8) if you lost and 70 per medal if you won. So assuming full medals you can get 848 CXP for a loss or 1060 CXP for a Win.
CXP Packs & Bonus Packs
The CXP packs you seen below listed for flashpoints,uprisings and operations seems to drop off bosses (might be last boss for flashpoints and uprisings).
Currently it is suspected that the different CXP packs drop from different difficulty modes.
- Story – Small CXP Pack
- Veteran – Medium CXP Pack
- Master – Large CXP Pack
You earn Command Crates every time you rank up a Command Rank. These are RNG loot crates containing various items, one of which is potentially a gear upgrade for you.
- A random un-modded outfit piece or weapon
- A random gear piece fully modded with a chance of having a set bonus
- A random chance to get a crew skill schematic
- A chance of getting Jawa Scraps, Rank 5 or 6 Companion gifts, pet, mount, or a reputation item
Any unwanted items can be disintegrated to earn Command XP and thus helping you getting to the next Command Rank faster.
- Disintegrating a gear piece of gear – 200 CXP
- Disintegrating a schematic – 150 CXP
- Disintegrating a cosmetic shell – 100 CXP
- Disintegrating companion gifts/reputation items – 10 CXP
Since Command Ranks are divided into tiers, the gear rating of the items you get will depend on the Command Tier. The tier 236/242 you see are the new gold legendary tier that is a very rare drop off the Command Crates.
- Tier 1: Command Rank 1-90. Rating 230
- Tier 2: Command Rank 91 – 180. Rating 234/236
- Tier 3: Command Rank 181-300. Rating 240/242.
Dark vs Light
Dark vs Light is now a server wide system that compliments the Galactic Command System. This is independent of your character’s Dark or Light alignment as you will be asked to pick a side when you login and you can switch it around after. The key benefit to this system is a special cosmetic vendor where you can purchase items for Dark or Light side tokens.
The interface to change Light or Dark allegiance is via this button here. It is a bit hidden behind the other interface in the bottom right corner of your screen so you may need to move it out.
Upon doing so, all actions, including killing elite enemies, completing Missions, and making story choices will contribute to the ongoing dark vs. light side war on each server .It is basically a measure of population and activity on either side.
As one side dominates, they start to earn ranks 1-5. Upon reaching Dark 5 or Light 5, that side is declared the winner and enter a victory state. If you gain a Command Rank when your side dominates, you will earn light or dark side tokens. The token you earn depends on your character’s alignment (i.e. if you are dark side but fight for the light alignment, you will gain dark side tokens when light alignment dominates)
Light and Dark side tokens can be viewed in the currency tab
Victory state lasts for 1 hour.
During the victory state, players on the winning alignment will get the following benefits
- Bonus Command Experience points earned (15% boost)
During the victory state, players on the losing alignment will get the following benefits
- Bonus to alignment points gained
- World bosses of the opposite alignment will spawn in Tattooine, Alderaan, Hoth, and Dromund Kaas or Coruscant requiring 8-16 players. On each of those worlds, there are 8-10 possible places the bosses may appear, and a 25% chance in each spawn area that the boss will stay and face battle. Both sides can defeat them to earn bonus Command XP but only those on the losing alignment will earn dark or light tokens from them.
DvL vendors can be found in the Supplies section of the Fleet. One for the dark vendor and one for the light vendor.
|Light Devotee’s Armor Set||12-16 Tokens Per Piece|
|Righteous Enforcer’s Armor Set||6-8 Tokens Per Piece|
|Righteous Harbinger’s Armor Set||6-8 Tokens Per Piece|
|Righteous Mystic’s Armor Set||6-8 Tokens Per Piece|
|Righteous Enforcer’s Autocannon||20 Tokens|
|Righteous Enforcer’s Blaster Rifle||20 Tokens|
|Righteous Harbinger’s Blaster||20 Tokens|
|Righteous Harbinger’s Sniper Rifle||20 Tokens|
|Righteous Mystic’s Lightsaber||20 Tokens|
|Righteous Mystic’s Saberstaff||20 Tokens|
|Noble Champion Speeder||50 Tokens|
|Noble Recon Bike||50 Tokens|
|Noble Vanguard Bike||50 Tokens|
|Exotic Animal Crate||5 Tokens|
|Dark Disciple’s Armor Set||12-16 Tokens Per Piece|
|Dread Enforcer’s Armor Set||6-8 Tokens Per Piece|
|Dread Harbinger’s Armor Set||6-8 Tokens Per Piece|
|Dread Mystic’s Armor Set||6-8 Tokens Per Piece|
|Dread Enforcer’s Autocannon||20 Tokens|
|Dread Enforcer’s Blaster Rifle||20 Tokens|
|Dread Harbinger’s Blaster||20 Tokens|
|Dread Harbinger’s Sniper Rifle||20 Tokens|
|Dread Mystic’s Lightsaber||20 Tokens|
|Dread Mystic’s Saberstaff||20 Tokens|
|Malicious Harbinger Swoop||50 Tokens|
|Malicious Oppressor Scout||50 Tokens|
|Malicious Tyrant Assault Craft||50 Tokens|
|Shadow Bolraida||5 Tokens|
|Bone Terentatek||5 Tokens|
|Crimson Underwalker||5 Tokens|
These bosses only spawn in the Victory state of either Dark or Light side. They are 10 bosses for light side and 10 bosses for dark side but they are red and attackable for anyone regardless of their alignment. These are world bosses designed for 8-16 players or more. You only get loot for 16 players. If you have more than 16 players, it is random who will get loot.
- You receive 1x Alignment Token and 1x Large World Boss CXP Pack (600 CXP) upon defeating the boss (players all need to be in the same operation group). You cannot get tokens of the opposite alignment this way (i.e. if you are sided with light and killed a light side DvL world boss, you cannot get dark side tokens, only those who are aligned with the dark)
|Dark Side Bosses||Light Side Bosses|
They spawn in the following locations:Tattooine, Alderaan, Hoth, Dromund Kaas/Coruscant. Each planet has 8-10 possible spawn locations. Even if you do find a boss and engage it, do not wipe as the boss will despawn if you wipe.
If you know a location of a world boss that is not on the list, please post in the comments section so we can get them added to the list.
- Juran Mountains (1846, 557)
- Glarus Valley (-1801, 89)
- Glarus Valley (-1541, –557)
- Juran Mountains (1506, –946)
- Revanite Camp (-885, 1279)
- Dark Temple Approach (-1531, 829)
- Initiate’s Path (-596, 997)
- Initiate’s Path (-349, 577)
- Dark Temple Approach (-919, 144)
- Malignant Bog (4, 1659)
- Malignant Bog (116, 1558)
- Clabburn Tundra (-3557, 164)
- Highmount Ridge (-1779, –533)
- Highmount Ridge (-1565, 166)
- Highmount Ridge (-1176, 1235)
- Glacial Fissure (890, 227)
- Dune Sea (-1232, 241)
- Dune Sea (-1653, –1923)
- Jundland (967, –1092)
- Dune Sea (-1901, –256)
- Dun Sea (-1278, –859)
- Jundland (1282, –300)
- Juneland (-879, –1918)
1. Justicar Territory (875, 4581)
2. Black Sun Territory (-3825, 529)
CXP info for the quests came from the Jedipedia database. See their post here