Black Desert Devs Talks About Second Awakening and Console
In a recent interview at the Taipei Game Show for the Taiwan release of Black Desert Online, Pearl Abyss developers shared their thoughts on second awakening and console port.
The Interview is in Chinese, you can use google translate or read the summary below.
- Plans to have flying ships players can hop on/off to travel around the world instead of having to ride horses to everywhere. This concept might appear in game this year.
- They are considering second awakenings this year. The current awakening weapons are too strong so the second awakening will be for the starter/original weapons to make them on par.
- In addition to adding new maps, they are also thinking about designing more vertical maps like icebergs or underground caves.
- Revamp of some of the life skills are planned, such as fishing.
- They are working on a mobile app that allows the game to be streamed to the phone but feels the UI is a bit clunky and need to be improved. Can’t guarantee this mobile app but will try their best.
- Pearl Abyss havn’t started developing new games yet, they are considering two possible new games but Black Desert Online need to be further optimized first.
- As for Black Desert Online on other platforms, they are working on a PS4/Xbox One version but havn’t decided if the console version will share servers with the PC version.