SWTOR Patch 5.1 Gearing Guide
A guide to the new gearing system in Patch 5.1.
With Patch 5.1 you will have two additional methods to gear out your character in addition to the existing Command Rank system.
- PvP (Warzones/Arenas/Galactic Starfighter) – These PvP activities will drop Unassembled Components used to purchase Unassembled Gear Pieces from vendors.
- Operations – These operations will drop Unassembled Gear Pieces from bosses, with the last boss of an operation having a specific and guaranteed piece.
In addition to these two new paths, a new currency called Command Tokens will drop from existing Command Crates and rewarded retroactively. This new currency is required to exchange gear from the two methods above. This means that the Command System is still as relevant as ever.
Solo players who do not wish to participate in PvP or operations will still use the same old RNG system of Galactic Command crates.
Command tokens are a new currency dropping from Command Crates and they are needed to convert Unassembled Gear Pieces to Gear. This is done to make the Command system relevant but less RNG. Command Tokens will be rewarded retroactively and is legacy bound. The amount of command tokens that drops from crates depends on the tier level of the command crate.
- Tier 1 – 5 tokens per crate
- Tier 2 – 8 tokens per crate
- Tier 3 – 12 tokens per crate
Cmmand tokens can be used to purchase Command XP Boost for each tier if you have any extra. These Command XP Boost (15%) will not stack with the Cartel Market boost but will stack with the Legacy Perk (10%). They last 2 hrs.
- Tier 1 – 20 Command Tokens
- Tier 2 – 28 Command Tokens
- Tier 3 – 44 Command Tokens
Vendor for these CXP boosts are found on the Supplies section of the fleet next to all the Unassembled Components/Gear Pieces vendor.
Unassembled Components only comes from PvP activities. You can skip directly to the Unassembled Gear pieces if you do operations but for PvP you have to go through an extra step to earn them.
Earning Unassembled Components
- 5 – Warzone Win
- 2 – Warzone Loss
- 3 – Arena Win
- 1 – Arena Loss
- 5 – Solo Ranked Win
- 2 – Solo Ranked Loss
- 8 – Group Ranked Win
- 3 – Group Ranked Loss
- 8 – GSF Win
- 3 – GSF Loss
Unassembled Gear Pieces
To turn in Unassembled Components to Unassembled Gear pieces, you will need to do so at a vendor. Here are the prices for them. For Tier 2 and Tier 3 you will need to turn in the previous tier’s piece of the same slot. The vendor can be found on the Supplies section of the fleet.
In total you will need 6145 Unassembled Tokens to get a full T3 set assuming you only get your gear from PvP.
|Piece||Tier 1 (230)||Tier 2 (236)||Tier 3 (242)||Total|
|Implant||80||T1+ 120||T2 + 180||380|
|Ear||80||T1+ 120||T2 + 180||380|
|Relic||80||T1+ 120||T2 + 180||380|
|Chest||100||T1 +150||T2 +225||475|
|Legs||100||T1 +150||T2 +225||475|
|Hands||100||T1 +150||T2 +225||475|
|Boots||100||T1 +150||T2 +225||475|
|Helm||100||T1 +150||T2 +225||475|
|Offhand||120||T1 + 180||T2 + 270||570|
|Mainhand||120||T1 + 180||T2 + 270||570|
|Bracer||75||T1 + 115||T2+ 175||365|
|Belt||75||T1 + 115||T2+ 175||365|
Unassembled Gear Pieces
The end boss of each operation drops a specific guaranteed piece (2 per in 8 man, 8 per 16m). Other bosses also have a chance to drop an Unassembled Gear
- 1st boss - 20% chance to drop any unassembled piece.
- 2nd boss – 25% chance to drop any unassembled piece.
- 3rd boss – 30% chance to drop any unassembled piece.
- 4th boss – 35% chance to drop any unassembled piece.
- 5th boss – 100% chance to drop unassembled piece.
- Story mode drops Tier 1
- Veteran mode drops Tier 2
- Master mode drops Tier 3
- Only the last boss of each operation drops a guaranteed specific piece.
|Piece||Tier 1/2 (230/236)||Tier 3 (242)|
|Earpiece||Soa||Terror From Beyond|
|Legs||Terror From Beyond||Terror From Beyond|
|Helm||Dread Masters||Dread Masters|
|Bracer||Golden Fury & Eyeless||Golden Fury* & Eyeless*|
|Belt||Monolith & Xenoanalyst||Monolith* & Xenoanalyst*|
*Chance to drop, not guaranteed since it is Veteran mode.
Finally, the last step is to exchange the Unassembled Gear Pieces and Command Tokens for the actual gear at a new vendor. You will need Unassembled Gear pieces you earned from operations or purchased using Unassembled Components earned via PvP. Again, this vendor can be found on the Fleet supplies section but in a slightly different section.
The exchange rate are as follows for Command Tokens.
|Piece||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
Remember you earn the Command Tokens at the following rates from the Command Crates
- Tier 1 (1-90) – 5 tokens per crate, 445 Command Tokens in total.
- Tier 2 (91-180) – 8 tokens per crate, 712 Command Tokens in total.
- Tier 3 (181-300) – 12 tokens per crate, 1428 Command Tokens in total.