A guide to locating the shipwrecks and underwater locations for the Magoria Opening Event.
This event is running from Jan 25 to Feb 8 and requires you to locate 5 of out of the 7 knowledge items indicated below. Upon completing this you will be rewarded with 2x Epheria Sailboat Blueprints and a special title in a future game maintenance.
- There is a new questline from Batima in Shakatu that has you go to some of the same locations, be sure to pick that quest up (see more under New Quest Chain). The quest will mark the locations of the things you need to find, making it overall an easier experience.
Some stuff that will help you with this are Elixir of Seal (+15 seconds underwater breath), Shark Costume (+30 seconds underwater breath, faster swimming speed), and movement speed crystals (you move faster underwater). If you are doing the Shakatu Questline at the same time, you can just use the minimap to find the location for stuff but otherwise you will likely need a compass to help navigate (compass parts can be bought on the marketplace and lasts for 3 days or you can get one from doing the Magoria main questline).
If you run out of breath, your character will automatically swim up top, you won’t drown and die. If you run out of stamina, your movement speed will be slowed down significantly (-30%) but you can go back to character select screen and log back in to replenish your stamina to full.
New Quest Chain
Go to Shakatu and take the Shady Rumors quest from Batima, the Stable Keeper in Shakatu in Valencia. This quest starts a quest chain will take you to the same spots required for the event.
- You need to be level 56 to start this quest chain.
- Contrib XP (300 for some quests)
- Hard/Sharp Shards
- Underwater Breathing Crystal
The quests in the chain are as follows. Bolded quests are those that tell you go to the same location as you need for the shipwreck event. This is a quest chain so you need to take quests from the next NPC and so on.
- Shady Rumors (100 CXP)
- Big Deal (100 CXP, 3x Elixir of Seal)
- Awakened Artifacts (Scripture-Engraved Brick knowledge, 300 CXP, Raft License)
- Scripture-Engraved Brick (100 CXP, 100k silver)
- Yet Another Discovery of Ancient Ruins (, 300 CXP, 100k silver)
- The Reality (150 CP, 1 mil silver)
- Interesting Story (Orisha Island Ruins knowledge, 150 CXP, 5x Elixir of Seal) – Starts with Shakatu NPC
- A Previous Civilization (150 CXP)
- Following Ancient Footsteps (300 CXP, 3 mil silver)
- In Search of the Lady’s Kingdom (Coral’s Grave knowledge, Techicolor Coral Reef knowledge, Underwater Cave knowledge, 300 CXP, 3 Hard Shard, 1 Sharp Shard)
- Coral’s Grave (110 CXP, Underwater Breathing Crystal)
- Technicolor Coral Reef (110 CXP, choice of Corals)
- Sophisticated Geography of Shasha Island (110 CXP)
- Underwater Cave (110 CXP)
Remember you only need to do 5/7 of the Knowledge listed here for the event to get the 2x Epheria Sailboat design and title.
1. Scripture-Engraved Brick – North of Hope Ferry
Interact with Letter-engraved Brick to gain knowledge.
2. Orisha Island Ruins – West of Orisha Island
Interact with Fragment of Ancient Ruins to gain knowledge.
3. Coral’s Grave – West of Lerao Island
Swim west of Lerao Island and interact with the Snow-White Coral. The knowledge you get is Snow White Graveyard.
4. Debris from Mila – East of Portanen Island
This one is inside the Ross Sea, which means your map doesn’t work. Just swim east and slightly north from Portanen and look for the shipwreck on the ocean floor. If you see that unmarked island, it you are close. Compass will work in Ross Sea and you can get one from the Magoria questline that starts with the storage keeper in Epheria.
5. Magoria Ocean Lamp – Southeast Ocean of Ratt Habor
This is part of the Magoria main questline. It is a quest called Grotesque Trench you get after arriving in Port Ratt. You must have quest to get knowledge. It will direct you towards the Ocean Lamp deep in the Trenches that you can interact to get knowledge.
6. Techicolor Coral Reaf – East of Lerao Island
Also slightly inside the Ross Sea.
7. Underwater Cave – North of Boa Island
This area is also in Ross Sea but only slightly. Just swim north from Boa Island and look for a cave like structure with lime pillars. Interact with the Lime Pillar object to gain knowledge. The knowledge you get is Mysterious Underwater Cave.