GW2 Head of the Snake Achievements Guide
A guide to all the achievements in Living World Season 3 Episode 4 Head of the Snake.
- 1 Meta Achievement
- 2 Story Achievements
- 3 Map Achievements
- 3.1 Holding Back the Tide – 3 AP, 1 Mastery Point
- 3.2 Fire Brigade – 1 AP
- 3.3 Chum Chucker– 2 AP
- 3.4 Gems of the Beach City – 1 AP
- 3.5 (Hidden) Dance Club – 1 AP
- 3.6 (Hidden) Well Fare – 3 AP
- 3.7 (Hidden) A Fish, A Fishy – 3 AP
- 3.8 (Hidden) A Good Use– 5 AP
- 3.9 (Hidden) Paying Respects – 1 AP
- 3.10 (Hidden) Not All Who Wander Are Lost– 5 AP, 5 Jade Shards
- 3.11 (Hidden) Execute the Executioner – 1 AP
- 3.12 Tree-Hugger Hugger – 2 AP
- 3.13 Friend of the Forest – 3 AP
- 3.14 Moonlighting – 1 AP
- 3.15 Honorary Crew Member – 1 AP
- 3.16 Those Giant Hands – 3 AP, 1 Mastery Point
- 3.17 It’s a Trap – 5 AP, 1 Mastery Point
- 4 Scavenger Hunt Achievements
- 5 Mastery Insights
For this meta achievement you have to complete 28 achievements, this is fairly generous compared to previous episode meta achievements. Upon completion you will receive 21 AP and White Mantle Elite Guard Mask Box
A Meeting of Ministers
Upper City Security Chief – 1 AP
- Revive the guards in this story, only need to revive 5 guards for the achievement. There are plenty of Ministry Guards to revive in the part of the story when the White Mantle attacks.
Shadow in the Shadows – 1 AP
Shadow is Queen Jennah’s cat. During the part where the White Mantle attacks. you can find Shadow chilling in the middle of the room so just run over and interact with it for an achievement. Shadow will be there at end of the instance too.
Sacrificial Lambs – 1 AP
There are four groups of Hostage Noble you need to rescue that are scattered around the map. Rescue all four groups for the achievement.
Sabotage Fort Evennia
A Fly in the Ointment – 2 AP, 1 Mastery Point
- Interfere with the White Mantle in Fort Evennia 10 times without fleeing or getting caught. Pretty easy to do if you are doing the story mission since you need to steal 5 battle plans and rescue 5 Seraph soldiers without being caught.
It’s a Sabotage – 3 AP
- Perform 25 acts of sabotage inside the Fort, tedious but you only have to do it once and it will help you complete the nearby heart.
Regrouping with the Queen
Courtly Discourtesy – 1 AP
Salute the aspiring young Shining Blade Guard
- /salute the child running around
Dig for gossip with each of the ladies-in-waiting
- Talk with each of the 3 ladies in waiting
Make a guard laugh by misbehaving
- For this you have to do all 3 actions within short time frame of each other.
- Pet Shadow the cat, then glide and swim in the water. You need to have all 3 buffs on you at the same time for the achievement.
The Whispers Way – 1 AP
Pretty easy, just don’t get too close to the two Jade Constructs at start of the entrance and you won’t get detected.
The Vigil Way – 1 AP
Kill the two Veteran Jade Bow and Jade Armor instead.
Illuminating – 1 AP
When fighting Caudecus for the first time, pull him under the Chandelier, attack the Chandelier and drop it on his head for the achievement. Might be easier to break his CC bar at the same time so he doesn’t move around. If you don’t have strong CC skills you can use the special action key when Caudecus use his teleporting move and stand under the chandelier. This will instant break his CC bar and stun him.
Riddle Me This – 1 AP
You get random riddles for this one, so here are some of the possible ones.
- You throw away the outside and cook the inside then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat? – Chicken or Corn
- I’m half as smart and twice as strong. I’ve a kick you won’t forget – Centaur
- What has the head of a cat, feet of a cat, but dumber than a cat? – Charr
Master of Puppets – 8 AP
- Don’t forget to do this achievement which is only doable at end of the instance. Here is the guide
Holding Back the Tide – 3 AP, 1 Mastery Point
This is the achievement for doing all 3 major meta events on the map. Periodically, the White Mantles will attack either Saidra’s Haven, New Loamhurst or Harvest Cascades. You need to defend these areas from the White Mantles counterattacks for this achievement.
You can track the meta events on the map by using the meta event bar for Lake Doric. If the White Mantles are planning their next move, no meta events are occurring; if an attack is imminent, they will attack soon.
Fire Brigade – 1 AP
Can be done in any of the major towns in Lake Doric. Use the water buckets laying around to put out fires. Do it 15 times for the achievement. I tend to do it in New Loamhurst since it is part of the heart completion requirements anyway.
Chum Chucker– 2 AP
Grab the Chum Buckets in New Loamhurst and throw it on the White Mantle mobs. You do not have to throw it on White Mantle mobs and can throw it on the Hermit crabs instead for easier completion. Do it 15 times for the achievement.
Gems of the Beach City – 1 AP
Find Lumpy Pearls from the Fish Cages scattered around the beach in New Loamhurst and then bring them to Bagran the Pearl Merchant in Lakeside Bazaar. Do this 10 times for the achievement.
(Hidden) Dance Club – 1 AP
Type /dance in front of One-Drink Drake in Lakeside Bazaar for this hidden achievement worth 1 AP.
(Hidden) Well Fare – 3 AP
Go to Eastern Hunting Grounds and look for a specific tree with the Kick prompt. Kick this tree to get the honey and then carry this honey back to Blaine in Lakeside
(Hidden) A Fish, A Fishy – 3 AP
Find a Jellyfish Remains in the Fish Crates along the lake beach and then give it to Ishoonoo the Quaggan in the waters north of Saidra’s Haven. Jellyfish Remains is a semi rare drop from the Fish Crates.
(Hidden) A Good Use– 5 AP
This achievement seems to complete when you turn in the Jellyfish to the quaggan. Might be a bug but incase it doesn’t auto complete, you need to do the following.
- Turn in Live Crawdad and Fresh Seafood to cooks at Saidra’s Haven
- Use Chum Buckets on White Mantle mobs in New Loamhurst
- Give Ishoonoo Jellyfish remains.
- Give Pearls to merchants in New Loamhurst
(Hidden) Paying Respects – 1 AP
Go to Soren’s Rest POI and then type /kneel in front of the tombstones for the achievement.
(Hidden) Not All Who Wander Are Lost– 5 AP, 5 Jade Shards
This event only occurs at night. Take a stick at New Loamhurst and then stick it into the blue forge next to it to turn it into a torch. Then stand and wait for the Priestess of Melandru to spawn at the indicated location (every couple minutes at night).
You need to run ahead of her and lit the trees ahead of her with your torch and she will walk all the way to Melandru’s Refuge secret area. Follow her to climb all the way up top and stand next to the tomb for the achievement.
(Hidden) Execute the Executioner – 1 AP
For this hidden achievement, you need to first let White Mantle control Saidra’s Haven (this means failing the event to defend the town). Once White Mantle control Saidra’s Haven, there is an event that pops up shortly after to rescue villagers set by the White Mantle to burn at stake.
Tree-Hugger Hugger – 2 AP
Give this villager some food from the fish crates. Need to do this for 4 days (can only give one food per day) for the achievement to complete. Any food will work (Crawdad, Fresh Seafood etc).
Friend of the Forest – 3 AP
This event only occurs at night near Red Leaf Retreat Waypoint. You need to talk to the friendly Lost Spirits and pick the “good” option that the spirits will agree with to get credit for the achievement. Do this 15 times for the achievement. Unfortunately the event is pretty short and only one person can talk to the ghost before it despawns.
Moonlighting – 1 AP
This event only occurs at night every 15 minutes. Bandit Spirits will spawn and attempt to steal lumber from the yard. You will need to kill all the bandits before they manage to steal away the lumber at the yard. Any bandit with lumber with have orange swords icon above their head.
To get this achievement successfully you must have players ready as soon as the event spawns and brings lots of crowd control skills to break their bar so they stop moving temporarily.
Honorary Crew Member – 1 AP
Much like the Moonlighting achievement, this can be only done during daytime and spawns every 15 minutes. For the achievement you need to prevent White Mantle and the Skritt from getting any supplies. Not even a single White Mantle or Skritt can get away wit the supplies so this is another hard achievement where you need to have players ready and loaded with CC.
- For White Mantles to spawn, Seraph forces must control Saidra’s Haven.
- For the Skritt to spawn, White Mantle forces must control Saidra’s Haven (requires the White Mantle’s counterattack to succeed, so requiring failing the meta event).
Those Giant Hands – 3 AP, 1 Mastery Point
Kill the Harathi High Sage right by Fallen Watchtower POI. This requires a small zerg to make it to the top and kill him.
It’s a Trap – 5 AP, 1 Mastery Point
Go to Noran’s Homestead and buy a key daily from him (need to complete the heart first). Once you have the key, go through the maze. There are two chests, both will give you Jade Stones. The first one will give you oil that you can use to oil your key for the final chest that give you the achievement.
Scavenger Hunt Achievements
Letters from E – 5 AP
Cin Business – 5 AP
(Hidden) Master of Puppets – 8 AP
Lake Doric Insight: Lakeside Bazaar
Take the updraft from the arrow on the map and glide across.
Lake Doric Insight: Melandru’s Flourish
There is a small gap in the wall behind the wall in Temple of the Six POI.
Run through it, take the right set of stairs, climb up and use the updraft to reach the mastery insight.
Lake Doric Insight: Melandru’s Refuge
Easy mastery insight, just jump!
Lake Doric Insight: Watcher’s Hollow
See video, this is the top left Mastery Insight.