Black Desert Online New Content Announcement for the year of 2017 which includes new Striker class, Kamasylavia Part II and more.[toc]
New Sea Content
New Magoria Monster – Bel
- The story of this monster starts with a pirated named Bel who one day encountered a baby sea monster. The little monster’s tentacles struck fear into many but its eyes pulled on Bel’s heart. She raised this monster by herself and named it after her. One day Bel and her pirates was killed tragically and this monster was forced to fend for itself. Its master’s death filled Bel with rage and now it kills anything that comes across.
- Bel is as big as Heidel and to attack it you will need a sailboat with cannons.
New Personal Combat Sailboat
- The current personal sailboats are not for combat but for sailing and trading. That is why we made a new personal combat sailboat. It has two cannons on either side with four cannons in total. It may not be enough for trading but it is more than enough to defeat the huge Magoria monsters.
Black Dragon’s Wrath: Barbaric Rapture
- New area much like Red Battlefield that you can play anywhere. (It is a PvE horde defense type of map)
- Adventurers must protect Iliya Island from monsters using limited resources. Using resources you can earn from defeating monsters, you need build siege weapons like Flaming Tower and Hwacha. Team that defeat the most monsters win.
Black Spirit’s Adventure Part II
- A more complex board game that is more than just a rolling dice game. Rewards are all different.
- By defeating challenges on the board game, you can earn treasure maps that allow you to find treasures in the game world.
New Militia System for Node/Region Wars
- You have to be qualified to apply for it and once you join, you can stay to attack or defend in node wars. It is a new system to encourage participation in node wars and allow those without a big guild to participate.
- Once you join the Militia, you won’t have a name or a guild name.
- If you own a node in the territory, you can choose to defend. If you don’t own any nodes, then you can choose to attack.
- Corresponding rewards will be provided to the guild you belong.
- Militia system will be active for 2 hrs after node war starts and you will be kicked out once it finishes.
New Shield System for Node Wars
- For those without good gear and still want to participate in node wars, they are adding some sort of shield system. These shield players cannot attack but they will able to defend their teammates as they advance towards the castle/objectives.
- This is a new idea they came up recently and will be added after the Militia.
Advanced Guild Systems
- Easier UI
- New Guild Skills
- Better community for guild members.
- We are aware that some classes are stronger than others
- They are showing a chart of Kills/Deaths ratios for each class over time. Some class’s K/D ratio raise as soon as they are awakened.
- Dark Knight/Wizard/Witch have the highest K/D ratios compared to other classes after awakening.
- Class balance for each class is different as soon as their awakening happened.
- Class balance will be corrected through constant patching rather than one big patch.
- Among top 200 AP players, 50 are Dark Knight, 43 are Ranger, 2 are Tamer and just 1 is Kunoichi.
- Among top 200 DP players, 55 are Witch, 27 are Berserkers, 5 are Musa and 3 for Kunoichi.
- We are looking to make weaker classes better rather than fixing the stronger classes. This is why it takes more time to fix balance.
New Graphics/Sound Effects/Dances
- BDO will be remastering sound/graphics this year.
- For graphics, not only YEBIS but other effects will be added.They are trying to find a way to add these effects without affecting FPS. You will be able to turn on/off these remastered graphics as well via options.
- For sounds, they are planning to have much better voice and background sounds.
- They are also working on better optimizations for conquest/node wars.
- The aftereffects they showedcased are in this video below
- Our players asked for dance moves and other social actions so starting this year we will be adding dance moves as social actions that our players can enjoy.
Kamasylvia Part II
- We previously announced Part I, II and III for Kamasylvia but this has been changed. Part I was released last Dec and part II will be coming this summer for KR
- Capital City of Kamasylvia, Grana, will be coming in Part II
New Grind Spot: Mysterious Poly Forest (53-55)
- Fight against poisonous mushrooms
New Grind Spot: Ringwood Forest (55-57)
- Serves as an alternative spot to Sausans
New Grind Spot: Geirashia Temple (60+)
- This is the strongest grinding spot
- Dine Horse, it is a new unicorn horse with a big horn.
- Its horn has magical healing powers and also have a charging skill that can perform a big hit in battle.
Concept Arts of Kamasylvia Part II
Content in Development
Climbing Life Skill
- New life skill, starts from basic mountain climbing. You can even climb castle walls once you become a guru.
- Still in development, just introducing its concept here.
- Other new life skills being considered includes art such as pottery, craft or something.
- It is the first flying mount in BDO. It flies very slowly but it allow you to enjoy the landscape. You can fly over to Valencia with this.
Altinova Merchant System
- New content you can enjoy from the world map, it is more of a trading simulation than earning money.
- You put down a down payment and get started with workers, wagons and escorts to start trading
- You can encounter special events as you move across nodes. Merchants may meet thieves, natural disasters or earn extra cargo by winning negations.
- Since it is a world map content, you can enjoy other content the same time such as training, trading or fishing at the same time.
- The goal of this isn’t to make money, but they do need to reward it accordingly.
- Create whole new skills by combining unawakened skills that allow them to be as powerful as awakened skills.
- Example: Warriors can combine Spinning Slash and Ground Smash to make a wider Spinning Slash.
- Example: Rangers can combine Charging Wind and Penetrating Wind to make a new skill with a wider radius.
- Born of noble family in Calpheon but his family fell from grace and had to move away from Calpheon. Entire family was lost during the sea while sailing except for him.
- Has a lot of martial arts skills using bare hands rather than using weapons like other classes. Skills includes martial arts, foot techniques and more.
- This new class will be released on April 13 for KR, no date yet for NA/EU.
- Specialized in combos that can deal a lot of attacks in a short time.
- Awakened form of this class will be using some sort of fighting gloves.
Unnamed New Class
- Class not in development yet, may use a different weapon.