SWTOR Class Changes for Hatred Assassin and Serenity Shadow in 5.3
Bioware has posted the first set of class changes for Hatred Assassin and Serenity Shadow in 5.3.
|Class Changes: Hatred Assassin / Serenity Shadow | 06.09.2017, 03:00 PM
Below you will find the first set of changes that are planned for Game Update 5.3. Here is a statement from the Combat team on what their plans are for Hatred and Serenity.
|With the Class changes in 5.3, we wanted to address several balance issues. One Discipline that we found to be lagging behind its target DPS output was the Hatred Assassin / Serenity Shadow. We changed several skills for this Discipline to increase its DPS output.
We wanted to help Hatred / Serenity shine at what it is supposed to be known for: high sustained melee damage. So we increased the damage bonuses granted by Deathmark / Force Suppression and Fulguration / Rebounding Force to boost the DoT damage for the Discipline – increasing the periodic damage it deals and its overall DPS output. We also wanted Hatred / Serenity to be better at finishing off enemy targets, so we increased the effectiveness of Inevitable Demise / Aching Mind (which helps to boost its overall DPS output as well).
Finally, we wanted to make Force regeneration for Hatred / Serenity a bit more consistent and increase the Force cost efficiency of Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike, so we made some adjustments to Leeching Hunger / Serene Poise and the amount of Force restored by Fulguration / Rebounding Force to achieve these goals. This should give players of Hatred / Serenity a smoother and more reliable source of Force regeneration.
In 5.3, players of Hatred / Serenity should find that their DPS output potential has increased and that their Force regeneration is a bit less random and more manageable.
With that in mind, here are the exact changes currently planned for 5.3 in July (subject to change, of course):
- Increased Deathmark’s periodic damage boost from 10% to 15%
- Increased Fulguration’s damage bonus for Creeping Terror from 10% to 15%
- Fulguration restores 3 Force (down from 5) when Lightning Charge deals damage
- Increased Inevitable Demise’s low health damage bonus from 15% to 30%
- In addition to its previous effects, Leeching Hunger now restores 4 Force for each of your damaging periodic effects on a target damaged by your Leeching Strike
- Clarified the tooltip for Crackling Charge
- Increased Force Suppression’s periodic damage boost from 10% to 15%
- Increased Rebounding Force’s damage bonus for Sever Force from 10% to 15%
- Rebounding Force restores 3 Force (down from 5) when Force Technique deals damage
- Increased Aching Mind’s low health damage bonus from 15% to 30%
- In addition to its previous effects, Serene Poise now restores 4 Force for each of your damaging periodic effects on a target damaged by your Serenity Strike
- Clarified the tooltip for Force Focus
Please let us know what you think of these changes! Post your thoughts below, thanks everyone.