SWTOR Updates on Patch 5.4 Roadmap and Beyond
Bioware have released more updates to the Patch 5.4 roadmap released earlier.
|Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap | 07.28.2017, 04:32 PM
Keith, Charles, and I wanted to apologize for our lack of posting this week. The whole team has been pretty heads down working on a variety of things and so we haven’t paid you forum-goers our usual love. Here are a variety of things we have updates on or seen questions about.
- Class Changes in 5.4 – We will make posts around each of the upcoming Class changes, akin to what we did with 5.3. My hope is to start those next week. Either way I will give you a better idea of timing next week.
- Season 8 Rewards – The rewards blog is nearly finished and will contain all the deets, including tier breakdowns and reward screenshots. I am pretty confident it will go up next week as well. I will give you a status update next week.
- Unassembled Component Changes – As Keith alluded to previously, there are Unassembled Component changes coming to PvP Mission Rewards. The TLDR is that we want you to be able to get more Unassembled Components each week overall while also making Ranked play a bit more appealing. We are in the final stages of locking down these exact numbers and so look for a post on this next week with the specifics.
- Follow-up to Master Mode Ops Drops – Based on your feedback from the discussion thread, we are planning to add Unassembled Components to Master Mode boss drops with GU 5.5.
- Follow-up on Bolster discussion – It was clear from the discussion thread that most of you would like to see Bolster go as high as possible, while still meeting our teams goal of having gear progression be relevant. We will be increasing Bolsters to 242 in PvP for GU 5.5 as well.
- Umbara Stronghold – There were some questions about how this works. In short, you will need to run the Flashpoint to earn currency. That currency can be used to purchase rewards from a vendor, including a key to purchase the Stronghold. Once you have the key, you can then unlock the Stronghold for a reduced amount of Credits/CC. You cannot outright purchase the Stronghold, it has to be earned by running the Flashpoint to get the key.
|Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap | 07.28.2017, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by DarthSpuds
So we have to earn in-game currency AND Credits / Cartel Coins.
So you are making us pay with the New In Game Currency, Credits/CC AND Grind Time.
Jeez, how cheap can you guys get?
You really are giving us less and less reasons to stay aren’t you.
All The Best
You’re on a roll today!
The idea here is to reduce the cost of buying a stronghold by using your investment in time to lower the overall acquisition cost versus paying the full pop with either Cartel Coins or credits. We thought, hey, let’s try something new where an activity you’d do anyway, you could benefit from your efforts and obtain a key from a currency you automatically get by running the Flashpoint.
Unless we change it before release, 10x for Story/solo mode, or 6x for Veteran, or 3x for Master Mode will give you enough currency to buy the Key from the vendor. What I don’t know, yet, is the reduction amount for credits or Cartel Coins. Soon as that gets finalized, we’ll post it up.