GW2 Expansion 2 Announcement Livestream Coverage
GW2 Path of Fire Expansion Announcement Livestream coverage and recap.
- Expansion name is Path of Fire
- Release Date is Sept 22
- First preview weekend is Aug 11-13 and open to everyone.
- Preorder page is here: http://send.onenetworkdirect.net/z/617197/CD241862/
- Preorder Bonus: Sunspear Weapon Skin of your choice, a Miniature Balthazar, and the title of Elonian Envoy.
- Standard – 29.99 USD
- Path of Fire, Max Level Boost
- Deluxe – $54.99 USD
- Path of Fire, Max Level Boost
- Additional Character Slot
- Identity Repair Kit (name change and total makeover kit)
- Spearmarshal’s Presence – Sunspear Outfit
- Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass
- Ultimate – $79.99 USD
- Everything above + 4000 gems
- New expansion starts right where we left out in LWS3, tracking Balthazar as he hunts an Elder Dragon. Venture into Crystal Desert for the first time since GW1. This is the same desert where Glint lived and where humans went to commune with their gods. It has been cut off from the outside world for 250 years and now it is time to return.
- Path of Fire contain five new open world zones. They are the huge, the largest we have ever showed and because there is so much land to cover, this is the perfect time to introduce mounts. The raptor, the springer, the skimmer, and the jackal. Each mount has its own unique movement ability and you can use them to explore every nook and cranny of the desert.
- We are also introducing 9 new elite specializations.
Path of Fire Maps
- Iconic locations and landmarks that are very recognizable to players who played GW1 but we are building the story/lore in such a way that if you are not there from the very beginning, it is absolutely fine.
- There is a crisis going on in Elonia. Path of Fire starts with Balthazar wrecking havoc in the desert. Human players have been worshipping Balthazar since GW1 but then he shows up with his own agenda.
- Palawa Joko has also risen into power and bought with him an army of undead and civilians there believe him to the rightful ruler.
- Volatile mix of different factions in the region.
- Forged, Balthazar’s army. Living armor created that only serve Balthazar. Ruthless and dedicated to serve.
- Awakened, undead forces with some memories that serve Palawa Joko and do anything for their master.
- Branded that serve Kralkatorrik. Mindless elementals stripped of their original selves by Kralkatorrik’s power.
- Players need form a new coalition in the desert. You will meet old friends and new.
- We are bringing exploration back to the forefront of GW2. It is not just one big plat desert. It is different biomes coming together. Maps go tall, go wide, under and around in places. There are elements that make each map unique and also tie each map together.
- We now have bounties for players to hunt down dangerous creatures, world bosses, and mount races.
- New guild hall – Windswept Haven
- Mounts being introduced for the first time to GW2. Each mount has its own movement ability and can get to places other mounts can’t get to.
- Mounts are designed to be companions that help you traverse the world and help you get across puzzles in ways we havn’t thought of before.
- Mounts are tied to the Mastery system.
- Each mount has one combat skill to aid players in combat. Raptor has a tailspin for example that pull enemies together and is good for starting off big fights.
- Mounts will be useful in zones outside Path of Fire maps as well.
- Raptor is the first mount players have access to and as an enormous leap that allow it to jump over canyons and over roofs. This can be reached to reach areas that are otherwise off limits.
- Raptors are hardy and swift, and surprisingly easy to train due to their intelligence. They can cross great distances in a single leap, making them the favored mount of many of the desert’s denizens. Travelers are advised not to leave the city of Amnoon without obtaining a raptor companion.
- Next mount player can encounter is the Springer. It is a mutant bunny/jackalope. It has a charged up jump where the longer you charge up, the higher you will jump. It can be used to gain access to high places.
- Their long ears and wiggly noses are charming, but the springer’s greatest strength is their ability to make jaw-dropping vertical leaps. Traveling merchants and couriers use them to cross sheer cliffs in the Crystal Highlands, shaving weeks off their journeys.
- Skimmer are manta like creature wings and a strange mystical vibe. It always hover over the ground and can hover over things like water.
- Skimmers are graceful creatures native to the Elon River. They live above water, breathing through large air sacs as they float above the surface. While they cannot truly fly, they can hover for short distances at a height of several norn, making them indispensable for crossing large areas of treacherous quicksand or sulfur.
- Jackal can blink forward for a short distance and can change distance mid air. This allow it to have more precise movements for jumping puzzles.
- Jackals are elusive, magical creatures formed of shifting sands and given shape by magical runes. They can dissipate into sand to teleport short distances and dash through sand portals. The djinn of the Desolation create and tame them; prove yourself a worthy trainer, and you may befriend one.
Guardian – Firebrand
- Specialize in burning enemies and conjuring tomes to aid allies. They are a book nerd gone mad. Got access to all these secret tomes that give them access to skills really quickly. Giving up instant support in favor of casted support. You will have a lot more focused support available to you.
- Uses axe as a mainhand weapon.
- Use Mantras to charge spell for instant use and wield an axes to cleave their foes at short range.
- Virtues are replaced by conjured tomes of lore. These tomes act as weapons to rebuke enemies and protect allies.
Necromancer – Scourge
- They reject Palawa Joko and finding an alternative approach to necromancy. Giving up Death Shroud and give his life force to the earth to protect allies. Get a lot more battlefield control and movement options that the regular necro does not have.
- Uses torch as an offhand weapon.
- Can raise sand shades which shield their allies and torment their foes.
- Their punishment skills turn enemy strengths into weakness, granting boons and protective barriers to allies.
- Wield torches to burn and corrupt the ground underneath their enemies.
Thief – Deadeye
- Uses rifle to get more ranged, allow them to tackle problems from a certain distance. Form a contract to take out particular individuals and execute that. They are mercenaries, assassins, trained hunters.
- Uses Rifle
- Uses rifle to snipe at long range, marking targets to harass them with harmful effects.
- Mastery of shadow magic allow them to cast cantrips which gain bonuses against marked targets or as their malice increases.
Mesmer – Mirage
- Deceptive combatant at close melee. Camouflage into their surroundings and attack you from all sides. New dodge mechanic, blur effect, that allow attacks to pass through them rather than moving themselves.
- Uses axe as a mainhand weapon.
- Uses whirling axe attacks to fight at close and mid range. Their deception skills create fragile constructs which shatter when touched, creating mirage cloaks to avoid enemy attacks instead of dodging away from them.
Warrior – Spellbreaker
- A warrior that specialize in fighting magic users. These warriors are members of the Sunspear order, chosen guardians of Elonia. They picked up stopping powerful wizards because that is the best way to protect people. Wield daggers and able to cut magic off their foes. They have incredibly powerful retaliatory abilities. Have the ability to stop skills and cut enemy boons. You don’t challenge your enemies where they are weak, you challenge them where they are strong and make them bow down.
- Uses dagger/dagger in both hands.
- Able to use their adrenaline to perform a full counter, absorbing the next attack against them and damaging surrounding foes.
Elementalist – Weaver
- Able to wield multiple attainments at once. Elementalists usually cycle through their magic one after the other but the weaver is combining them and create elements out of the two. Two fire skills, two water skills and a fifth skill that is a fire and water skill
- Uses mainhand sword.
- Uses dual attunement. Cycle elements from hand to hand, combining them in their central skill. This skill changes depending on their elemental attunement and choice of weapon
Ranger – Soulbeast
- Allow ranger to combine their spirits with their pet. They become their pet, take on the essence of these animals and tear through opponents.
- Uses dagger as mainhand weapon.
- New ranger pets in Elonia as well.
- When the Soulbeast merges with its pet, they gain its unique abilities as well the abilities of its archetype. They may not always fight side by side with their pets but they are never truly alone.
Revenant – Renegade
- New legend you can channel. This new legend is Kalla Scorchrazor. This new legend bestow players with her rebellious spirt that she used to overthrow the flame legion. This manifests as the ability to ambush opponents as you can summon members of her charr warband to bolster your allies and fire arrows into the portal into the mist that come out of a different portal behind the enemy.
- Uses short bow
Engineer – Holosmith
- Bending light to become your weapon. Has an interesting multi weapon playstyle. You have attacks where you pull out a holographic hammer to whack the enemy and then switch to holographic guns. In the process, you build up heat with themselves and if they stay too much in that mode they can explode.
- Uses mainhand sword.
- In their photonforge mode, they gain access to powerful new skills. Each skill generate heat, which can damage themselves. Their utility skills take advantage of this, gaining greater power as their heat level exceeds a threshold.