SWTOR Update on Character Slot Post Merge
Bioware has some news regarding the character slots increases post server merge.
|SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017 | 10.27.2017, 06:55 PM
One of the questions that has come up regarding United Forces is character slots and what will be happening for everyone. After the update, it is possible that a player could have more characters than they have slots currently. For subscribers they will still be able to play all of their characters (even if they go over their slots) but they can’t make any new characters. We wanted to do our best to alleviate some of the issues for not only subscribers, but F2P and preferred status players as well. Here is what you can expect to see changed on November 8 alongside United Forces:
- F2P players will have a default of 4 characters per server (up from 2)
- Preferred players will have a default of 12 characters per server(up from 6)
- Subscribers will have a default of 24 characters per server (up from 12)
- The maximum character slots per server has been increased to 100 (up from 52)
These new slot numbers are separate from any character slots which you have purchased. For subs, we are basically adding 12 character slots per server to your account (by making the new default 24 instead of 12). Ex:
- Today, you are a subscriber who has never bought any character slots, you have 12 character slots per server. After the update on 11/8 you will have 24 slots per server.
- Today, you are a subscriber who has purchased 30 additional character slots, meaning you have 42 per server (12 default + 30 purchased). After the update you will have 54 (24 new default + 30 purchased slots)
This should give a bit of breathing room for players, especially if they played on more than one server which will be brought into a new server on 11/8.
|SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017 | 10.27.2017, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by BenKatarn
I’m a subscriber who currently has 52 character slots. After United Forces goes live and the 3 German servers get unified, I will have 156/52 characters. Would anything break if I bought additional character slots after the server maximum was increased to 100? Would I even be able to redeem the tokens while on a server with character overflow?
Ok, good question! Let me try to break it down.
So today, you have 52/52 characters across three servers. When you are on your new server you will have 156 characters and 64 slots (since you will get 12 more from us). You will be able to access all 156, but you cannot create a new character. You can still choose to purchase up to 36 more slots to put you at the new maximum of 100. However, even at this point you cannot create a new character until your total characters is below your total character slots (so 99/100 if you purchase all the slots).
Hope that makes sense!