Destiny 2 Faction Rally returns Nov 7 to Nov 13 with New Weapons
Faction rally will be returning to Destiny 2 from Nov 7 to Nov 13 with new weapons to choose from.
This week at Bungie, we announced “Curse of Osiris.”
Our 2017 World Tour isn’t over yet. At Paris Games Week, we announced your next adventure in Destiny 2. If you missed the trailer, check out the mysteries that await.
We know you have a lot of questions about what you saw. Osiris has that effect on even his most devout Followers. We have answers coming soon.
Many members of the Bungie development team will be in the hot seats to tell you all about what they’ve been working on. We hope you’ll join us to be a part of the moment and sound off in chat.
You’re about to be called again to declare your loyalty during another week of Faction Rallies. If you are a new player who missed the first event, this will be an opportunity for you to define your character, join a movement, and earn some awesome gear. From November 7 until November 13, follow the call to action from your chosen leader to earn reward packages full of armor, weapons, and more. Your efforts in game will determine which faction is crowned the winner and given the right to sell their weapon as an additional reward.
Last time, Dead Orbit won the day. Can a new faction unseat them and become champions? Or will they defend their title and create a dynasty that will last forever?
Tim Williams: During the first Faction Rallies, we had a chance to learn a lot about how the activities motivated gameplay. We looked at the time invested compared to the rewards and made the following adjustments:Faction Rallies
- Strikes now reward faction tokens at a range of 5 to 9 faction tokens per completion (up from 3 to 7)
- Nightfall now rewards 10 to 18 faction tokens on first completion per character
- Completing Heroic Public Events now rewards 5 faction tokens (down from 8)
- Destroying enemy resources no longer rewards faction tokens
- Opening Lost Sector Chests now rewards 3 faction tokens for each fireteam memberStrikes should feel more worthy of the time you invest in them. We noticed that players felt Lost Sectors were useful, but disliked the fact that they couldn’t enjoy them with a fireteam, so we moved the faction tokens from the destructible items to the chest at the end of the activity. The destructibles will still be featured as a daily milestone and are still available to help your fireteam clear out the Lost Sector.We’re all excited to see which faction the players will help to win this faction rally. We’ll be watching and looking to improve the Faction Rallies over time, so please keep the feedback coming!