SWTOR 5.9.2 Developer Livestream Coverage and Notes
SWTOR 5.9.2. Developer Livestream coverage and notes. This livestream will show off the new Rishi stronghold and more.
- Warzone and Matchmaking Changes
- Arena: Mandalorian Battle Ring
- Season 9 Rewards
- Stronghold: Rishi Hideout
- 5.9.2. is mostly PvP focused, story stuff will be coming in the future.
- 5.9.2 will be coming on July 31.
Warzone and Matchmaking Changes
- Warzone Changes
- Changes to shorten most warzone matches
- Mechanics added to deter exploiting – you will be instakilled if you go to areas you not suppose to
- Scoring changes to Huttball
- No plans for allowing you to pick/select warzones. May have a system in the future where you can pick a couple warzones you don’t want play
- Matchmaking Changes
- Role enforced matchmaking
- Improved skill level matchmaking – even in regular unranked warzones, not based on win/loss ratings.
- All PvP queues cross-faction (solo, group, ranked/unranked, starfighter)
Arena: Mandalorian Battle Ring
- Mandalorian themed
- There is a chamber undernearth you can pass through.
- Making changes to acid at end so one stealther can’t 1V4 the entire team
Season 9 Tier Rewards
- Bronze (1250-1499) – Flag, Deco, Flair, Title, 25k tokens
- Silver (1500-1749)
- Gold (1750+)
- Top 96 (top 3 of each AC)
- Weapons will have effects not seen here (the set is called Centurion Defender)
- Mount is a flaming Holo-rancor
New CM items coming in 5.9.2
- Callous Conqueror armor set coming out along with a cool new vibrosword in a new bundle
- Price and Unlock cost is around the price of Yavin, a bit higher
- More hooks in this stronghold than a guild flagship
- It is massive, pretty much the whole planet and a flying ship above it (ship from Master and Blaster fight)
- 11 rooms to unlock
- Several areas in the stronghold set for PvP.There are gates you can open/close to limit the area players can access during PvP. Observation deck included.
- Has a beach area and a little island you can visit.
- There is a little hidden cave
- Patrol Cruiser area has an area where you can summon dummies, including the brand new healing training dummy.
- Deck of the Patrol Cruiser features the largest PvP area in the stronghold with a full Huttball area. New Arena hook type which is the size of 4 Starship hooks
- PTS is open right now to all subscribers
- Can test the new Rishi Hideout, the new Arena map and all the warzone/matchmaking changes