SWtor Patch 5.9.3 and Fall 2018 Roadmap developer livestream coverage and summary.
- 5.9.3 – Fame and Fortune/PTS Testing
- Fall Roadmap/5.10 – Jedi under Siege
- New warzone: The Sky Shredder, huttball map clone, set on Vandin planet.
- New traps, grappling hooks and more
- On PTS for testing
- Team is making a whole bunch of changes based on feedbacks: i.e. hard to get back once you get knocked down to the pit, hard to stop players once they make it past a certain point, grappling hook hard to use.
- Likely to get a PTS patch this week, if they can get the shielding/crit chance changes in.
- No release date for 5.10. PTS in the next few months.
- New storyline based on the rivalry between Sith and Jedi
- New Planet and Daily Area. Separate questline for Imperial/Republic players.These will be different for each side compared to the Iokath storyline.
- Players who fought for the opposite faction on Iokath will be accounted in the storyline.
- Lots of cool new characters and returning characters you havn’t seen for many years.
- New world bosses on the new planet.
- Nightmare mode Gods from the Machine coming. This does not affect future new operation content.
- No plans to rebalance story/veteran mode Gods of the Machine. They may come after 5.10.
- Tier 5 Gear. All Tier 5 gear will be crafted, no detail to reveal yet. We know you got strong opinions about it. Expect to be part of the rewards for master mode operations.
- Galactic Command levels won’t go up to account for new tier of gear.
- Operations won’t be balanced against the new tier of gear.
- Guild Improvements
- Systems: Progression, Heraldry (won’t be able to freely draw whatever you want obviously), PvP Challenges, and Conquest Improvements
- Management: Guild Inspect (you can control how much info you share), Logging (will log contribution of guild members to conquest), Mail (able to mail guild members), Ban by Legacy (Ignore by legacy in the works), more Guild Ranks
- More details coming early October
- Companion Returns: Doc, Nadia, DS Jaesa. Kira is coming but won’t be in 5.10. Hoping to do a couple more but not 100% sure they will make it.
- They will have updated gearsets but won’t have new faces.
- Holo-Disguse decorations coming, allow you to change the appearance of your character to something different (i.e. change to Republic soldier, Imperial Spy, Hutt etc). Coming with 5.9.3. These disguises are limited to stronghold and offer something for RPers.
- Twi’leks customization – They are much more difficult to customize than humans due to our system, can’t go into details
- No plans for class balance changes in the short term