ESO Witches Festival 2018 Event Guide
Elder Scrolls Online is running the Witches Festival this year from October 18 10 am Eastern to Nov 1 10 AM Eastern. Here are all the details on the event.
To start the Witches Festival, you will need to go to the Crown Store Holiday section and acquire the Crow Caller item. It is free and starts the quest The Witchmother’s Bargain. Completion of this quest give you the item Witchmother’s Whistle memento item (you can keybind it to a quickslot by opening your inventory, select quickslot, then go to the memento tab and select the whistle).
Using the Witchmother’s Whistle (not the Crow Caller) will summon a Witchmother’s Cauldron and give you a 100% XP buff that lasts for two hours and stack with all other XP bonuses. You can interact with the Cauldron to transform into a skeleton. There is an achievement for killing 100 skeleton while being transformed and an achievement for drinking from the Cauldron 10 times.
The Witchmother’s Bargain
Use the Crow Caller item in your inventory to summon the Witchmother.
Collect a Pumpkin
A good place to get some pumpkins is either at the entrance of the Bad Man Hollow public dungeon in Glenumbra (DC), Sathram Plantation in Stonefalls (EP), or outside Arenthia in Reaper’s March (AD).
Collect Some Guts
Dropped by any critter (i.e. rats, snakes etc). You can usually find some in a delve.
Collect an Essence of Death
Dropped by any delve boss.
Killing bosses while the festival is active will reward you with Plunder Skull and Dremora Plunder Skulls.. Dremora Plunder Skulls contain all the same items found in regular Plunder Skulls but will have a guaranteed Dremora Motif drop.
Dremora Plunder Skulls
Dremora Plunder Skulls are obtained from the first kill of each specific type of boss each day (resets every 20 hours for each type of skull). They have guaranteed drops for Dremora Motifs.
- Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs
- Dark Anchor and Geyser Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Daggers and Gloves
- Delve Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Staves and Belts
- Final Dungeon Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Helmets and Maces
- Public Dungeon and Quest Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shields and Boots
- Final Trial Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Swords and Chests
- World Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shoulders and Axes
You can find most of the objectives easily on maps for various zones. Arenas are either Dragonstar Arena in Upper Craglorn (4 players) or the solo Maelstrom Arena in Wrothgar. The easiest trials to PUG are probably the Aetherian Archive and Hel Ra Citadel in Craglorn.
Regular Plunder Skulls
Regular Plunder Skulls drops from all of the bosses listed above and there is no daily restrictions on how many you have farm or what kind of bosses you have to kill. Unlike the Dremora version, however, they don’t have guaranteed drops and you have a chance to get the items below. It is probably fastest to run the Delves and just farm the Plunder Skulls off the Delve bosses.
- Hollowjack Motif Pages or Books
- Pieces of the new Apple-Bobbing Cauldron memento
- Combine all seven to receive a runebox that contains this unique holiday-themed memento
- A Runebox containing one of these masks:
- Witches Festival-themed recipes
- Furniture and furniture recipes
- Hollowjack and Dremora Style Materials
- Bewitching Alchemy reagents
- …and an assortment of creepy items!
Indrik Feathers are used to acquire the new Indrik mounts that are acquired exclusively via Event Tickets.
You can earn 1 Event Ticket per day per account via the various bosses that drops the Plunder Skulls (they drop off the bosses that drop the skulls as part of boss loot and are not part of skulls). The reset time for the Event tickets seems to be 20 hrs since you last looted it and does not follow the regular daily reset. So you may get a Dremora Plunder Skull from a boss and not get the event ticket if the reset didn’t sync up yet.
After you acquired 10 Event Tickets, you can exchange it with the special Impresario merchant outside the starter city for each faction (Daggerfall in Glenumbra, Davon’s Watch in Stonefalls, and Vulkhel Guard in Auridion).
The Indrik Feather you acquire are specific to this event and you can hold a max of 12 Event Tickets. Once you purchased your feather, you can keep getting Event Tickets to save up for the next event as they all uses the same Feathers. You will need a specific Feather from each of the four festivals to acquire the Nascent Indrik mount which can be upgraded later with more Feathers. This means you cannot get the Indrik mount until Dec 13 at the earliest when the New Life Festival runs if you have saved up enough Event Tickets from previous events.
Witches Festival: October 18 – November 1
To earn Event Tickets during the Witches Festival, you must acquire Dremora Plunder Skulls. You will receive one Event Ticket alongside the first Dremora Plunder Skull you earn each day (in addition to the other regular rewards).
Clockwork City Celebration Event: November 15 – 26
To earn Event Tickets during the Clockwork City Celebration Event, you must complete the DLC zone’s daily quests. You will receive two Event Tickets from the first daily quest you complete each day (in addition to the other regular rewards). You must own or have access to the Clockwork City DLC game pack in order to participate in this event.
Undaunted Celebration Event: November 29 – December 5
To earn Event Tickets during the Undaunted Celebration Event, you must complete a dungeon (Normal or Veteran). You will receive three Event Tickets from the final boss of the first dungeon you complete in addition to the normal rewards. You don’t have to be in a random dungeon LFG group to earn your Event Tickets!
New Life Festival December 13 – January 2
To earn Event Tickets during the New Life Festival, you must complete the New Life Festival quests. You will receive one Event Ticket the first time you complete a quest each day (in addition to the New Life Festival Box).
An Unsparing Harvest – 50 Pts
Complete the following achievements for the Witches Festival
- Pumpkin Pairs Well With Guts
- Plunder Skull Fanatic
- Reaper’s Harvest
- Happy Work For Hollowjack
Reward: Sun’s Dusk Reaper title, ability to purchase the Exorcised Coven Cottage homestead (250k gold).
Cauldron Conjurer – 5 pts
Use the Witchmother’s Cauldron summoned from the Witchmother’s Whistle 10 times during the Witches Festival
Dremora Style Master – 50 pts
- Collect and learn every chapter of the Dremora style book found during the Witches Festival (earned via Dremora Plunder Skulls)
Gruesome Feast – 5 pts
- Eat each of the Witch Festival foods during the Witch Festival. Recipes can be found from the Plunderer skulls.
- Double Bloody Mara
- Witchmother’s Potent Brew
- Frosted Brains
- Ghastly Eye-Bowl
- Crunchy Spider Skewer
- Witchmother’s Party Punch
- Bowl of “Peeled Eyeballs”
- Crisp and Crunchy Pumpkin Snack Skewer
- Sweet Sanguine Apples
Happy Work for Hollowjack – 50 pts
- Collect and learn every chapter of the Hollowjack style book found during the Witches Festival (earned via regular Plunder Skulls)
Plunder Skull Fanatic – 15 pts
- Earn 100 Plunder Skulls
Pumpkin Pairs Well with Guts – 5 pts
- Drink the Witchmother’s Brew during the Witches Festival
Sacking Skeletons – 15 pts
- Kill 100 skeletons as a Skeleton during the Witches Festival, this page give you a good idea of where to find skeletons to kill if you are having trouble.
The Plundered Masses – 10 pts
- Acquire one of each type of Plunderer Skull during the Witches Festival
- Dremora Plunder Skull, Arena
- Dremora Plunder Skull, Insurgent
- Dremora Plunder Skull, Delve
- Dremora Plunder Skull, Dungeon
- Dremora Plunder Skull, Public & Sweeper
- Dremora Plunder Skull, Trial
- Dremora Plunder Skull, World
- Plunder Skull