ESO Patch 4.2.6 Patch Notes
Elder Scrolls Online Patch 4.2.6 Game Update Patch Notes.
The Elder Scrolls Online v4.2.6 fixes several ability and itemization issues in Blackrose Prison, in addition to some higher impact combat fixes including pets taking too much damage from certain attacks, single-target cast time abilities cancelling the cast immediately, Dual Wield weapon enchantments proccing incorrectly, and some fixes to item sets. We also have a few fixes for issues affecting the Mac game client. The size of this patch is approximately 140MB.
- Fixes & Improvements
- Thieves Guild
- Combat & Gameplay
- Combat & Abilities
- Itemization & Item Sets
- Base Game
- Alliance War & PvP
- Dungeons & Group Content
Fixes & Improvements, Murkmire
- The target completion time for Blackrose Prison is now correctly set at 40 minutes as originally intended, rather than 30 minutes.
- Arena 5: Drakeeh’s Cage
- Resurrected Prisoners will now do less damage with Uppercut and Shock Aura on Normal difficulty.
- Drakeeh’s Negate Magic ability can no longer be interrupted.
- The Vengeful Revenant’s Soul Rupture and Soul Cage abilities will no longer instantly complete, thus doing damage, should the Vengeful Revenant be killed while casting them.
- Fixed a typo in the achievement previously known as Fiendish Fauna. It will now be known as Fiendish Flora, because Trap Plants are plants, as their name so coyly suggests.
- Fixed an issue where Murkmire’s Foul Water Trophy fish were unable to be caught.
- Catching the Spotted Seatrout now properly gives credit towards the Murkmire Master Angler achievement.
- Fixed an issue where completing Blackrose Prison would sometimes grant you two one-handed weapons for the Gallant Charge item set, or a one-hander from each of the Gallant Charge and Spectral Cloak item sets. Now, when you obtain a weapon from the Gallant Charge item set, you will always acquire a shield in the Gallant Charge set with it as well; when you acquire a weapon from the Spectral Cloak item set, you will always acquire a second weapon in the Spectral Cloak set with it, as well.
- The Weight of Words: You will now be able to collect Tablet of the Void Fragments in any order without being blocked from progressing.
Maw of Lorkhaj
- Zhaj’hassa the Forgotten’s Slithering Darkness ability will no longer look like a spoopy, headless Breton.
- Fixed an issue where both of your Dual Wield weapon enchantments were proccing from a single damage from Light Attack, Heavy Attack, or Weapon Ability.
Developer Comment: Abilities that deal damage multiple times with a single cast, such as Flurry which has 5 hits or Twin Slashes which has 2 direct damage hits and several damage over time ticks, can proc both of your weapon enchantments over those hits. But each isolated instance of damage should only be able to proc one weapon enchantment at a time.
- Fixed an issue where single-target cast time abilities, such as Uppercut or Dark Flare, would cancel the cast immediately if you did not keep your target within your reticle during the entire cast time.
Developer Comment: We never intended to change single-target cast time abilities in this way; this was caused from an unrelated bug fix in the previous patch.
- Player pets will now take 85% less damage from all Area of Effect and Damage over Time attacks. They will continue to take 100% less damage from all attacks in group dungeons, trials, and arenas.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Blade of Woe ability to not function specifically on the Mac game client.
- Dead-Water’s Guile: Fixed an issue where this item set would only proc when you got the killing blow on an enemy, and not when that enemy died within 2 seconds of you damaging them.
- Soldier of Anguish: Fixed an issue where this item set would proc on any melee attack instead of only melee Light Attacks.
- Fixed a hole found under Alessia Bridge.
- Improved the collision to better match the various Imperial Bridge House destruction states.
- Vaults of Madness
- Grothdarr’s Burning Hate ability should no longer look like a spoopy, headless Breton on fire.
- Fixed an issue introduced in Update 20 that made using intractable furnishings less reliable.
Mac Game Client
- Fixed an issue that would cause the client to lock up when using Alt + Tab.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the window to appear all black when going to windowed mode from full screen windowed mode.
- Fixed an issue that made it difficult to pickpocket NPCs.
- Fixed a UI error related to the dye system.
Guilds & Guild Traders
- Fixed an issue where Guild Traders occasionally wouldn’t display the associated Guild in their nameplate.
- Fixed a UI error that could occur when zooming on the map.