GW2 Warclaw Preview Livestream Summary
Summary of the Warclaw preview livestream released by Arenanet coming Tuesday March 5.
- Needs Path of Fire to be unlocked
- 12k HP, 3 endurance bars (evade frames), immune to CC. Can be stealthed while on the mount.
- Full mastery unlock of the Warclaw mount give you 3 skills
- Superior Battle Maul – Pounce on foes, finishing foes who are in a downed state (up to 10 targets max)
- Sniff – Detects the scent of nearby enemies (non-stealthed) and temporarily mark their locations on the minimap (only for you) – 5000 range, 60s cooldown
- Chain Pull – Damage gates by pulling on them with a chain that is attached to your warclaw – Requires 1 supply per pull , max 3 chains per gate, deals 2000 damage per pull and 450 range. Ram + Chain pull will be your fastest way to break down gates
- Slowest mount by design. You can speed it up in allied territory if you have mastery unlocked to do so. It will be faster than running for sure to make it easier to run back to fights
- You just need to be WvW rank 1 to unlock the mastery which unlocks the collection achievement you have to do
- You finish that collection by WvW, it is a tour of WvW – killing players, guards, taking keeps/towers etc. There is a reward track you have to do as well.
- A lot of the collection can be done in Edge of the Mists. Only exception is taking down a camp.
- Warclaw can be used in PvE but most of the skills won’t be useful. It runs at a faster speed (same speed as allied territory).
- PvE Mount masteries won’t work on the Warclaw in WvW but they will work if you use the Warclaw in PvE.
- No fall damage reduction/prevention, you die if you fall.
- If the mount dies from taking damage you will be dismounted and you won’t be able to mount in combat. You can remount in enemy territories.
- Additional skills for Warclaw planned in the future.
- 126 WvW points to fully max the Warclaw mastery, there will be a reset of your WvW points with the Warclaw path (you need to go to the vendor to buy a free item to reset your WvW points)
- Having a dedicated WvW mount will allow them to tweak it as needed it for the particular gamemode without affecting other PvE mounts
Warclaw Companion Collection
- Warclaw emblem – spend one WvW ability point in the Warclaw mastery section of WvW
- Warclaw Gorget – Capture a keep
- Warclaw Horn Spikes – Capture a camp
- Warclaw Saddle – Capture a tower
- Warclaw Helmet – Complete the Warclaw reward track (longest part of the collection)
- Warclaw Body Armor – Purchased with 50 WvW Skrimish Claim tickets
- Warclaw Leg Armor – Purchased with 250 Badges of Honor
- Warclaw Tail Armor – Looting it from guards (10% chance drop rate)